cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlayStation VR is Outselling the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive (CraveOnline)

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Some interesting remarks here as well as the PSVR being sold out and won't be restocked on Amazon until November now. Hopefully this is good news for VR in general. 

Quote:

"Though Sony hasn’t released official sales for the new virtual reality headset, the company’s president and chief executive Jim Ryan spoke to CNBC regarding its launch, saying that they would be forced to “ramp up production” as early figures indicate the PSVR will sell “many hundreds of thousands” of units at launch."

http://www.craveonline.com/entertainment/1141799-playstation-vr-outselling-oculus-rift-htc-vive

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
62 REPLIES 62

Anonymous
Not applicable
no surprises there! I think we all saw this coming and I'm glad it is happening! 

We all need VR to be successful so bigger studios can get involved and have a big enough target audience to actually make a profit. I hope the PSVR does really well, its pretty important it does for us all.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
aye if PSVR didnt outsell PC VR then it would essentially mean PSVR flopped and if that flops then it would be a blow for VR as a whole.

My only worry is for how much PSVR exclusive stuff there will be. Timed exclusive.. ok, Sony produced exclusives, well, to be expected, sony have rarely ever let their IP go over to PC, but i just hope we do not see them lock down 3rd party games to fully exclusive VR stuff on their multiformat titles.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

purpleshadez
Explorer
mainly cos the PC requirements more taxing on the wallet than a PS4 and VR kit, 

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
I intend to get a PS4 Pro to hopefully boost the PSVR capabilities so the cost of those together is £700 when you factor in the camera and move controllers it's getting close to the cost of a low end PC and Rift combo.

That said, with the standard PS4 it runs very well indeed.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Hodders67
Protege
problem going with the ps4 pro if you already have the ps4 is with the psvr you will not get any better visuals will you?

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Well yes you will but this is dependant on the developers to include PS4 Pro options. Also I assume as with the Rift and Vive, PS4 Pro will allow for super-sampling to increase sharpness.

Percy1983
Superstar

Good to hear, its a much lower entry point for many as they already own a PS4, the install base of PS4s will be bigger compared to PC's already up to VR.

I will say the initial rush maybe over shot if the ebay scalpers are all over it.

Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

Is everything included with the PSVR - motion controllers, camera etc?

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
@andyring

No they aren't because a lot of playstation users already had the camera and motion controllers so they didn't want to make them buy it again. However you can just buy a bundle if you don't have it already 🙂