cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to get a demo at Best Buy...

weasel47
Heroic Explorer
I signed up for today's first Oculus demo at my local Best Buy (I signed up earlier today, about 4 hours before the time).  I showed up 20 minutes before my time slot and employees told me they weren't sure if the Oculus guy was coming today.  Sure enough, I waited around the Oculus display for 30 minutes beyond the start of my appointment and the guy never came.  What's more, an employee who has a Rift of his own told me the guy wasn't doing Touch demos yet anyway, last time he asked about it.
Has anyone else tried and failed to get a Touch demo at Best Buy?

I showed up early enough that I did get to try PSVR with Move Controllers for the first time (I had gotten a demo without Move before).  The in-VR hands were a little jittery, but even so, using my hands to interact in VR felt natural immediately.  I can't wait to try / own Touch!
1 REPLY 1

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please contact Oculus Support. https://support.oculus.com/
We want to keep track of and investigate these issues, and will be working to make sure it doesn't happen in the future. Really sorry for the inconvenience.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV