cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift Update required, Oculus app crash, then blank screen on opening the app again. Windows 10

MarcusB47
Honored Guest
Just got the Rift today.  I get half way through the setup and keep getting 'Update required'.  I hit the update button and the screen goes away.  I try to open the Oculus app again and it flashes a blank screen then goes away.  Tried deleting directories changing sensor ports, but at the best, I get a little further along until the Update Required appears again.  No matter how many times I update that screen appears and the Oculus app never opens again after that. Tried running the app as admin as well as in win8 compatibility mode. Uploading my setup.log to see if anyone has an idea.
Thanks for any insight into this issue!
4 REPLIES 4

brandonshanks
Honored Guest
I got the same issue. I resovled by usung "repair" in setup 3 times. Each time it got a little further. Each time it downloaded 1.5gb again... but it worked. 

MarcusB47
Honored Guest
Yup, had to do the repair quite a few times, but it finally worked.

apojlc
Honored Guest
SOLUTION!!!!
The problema is the update of the oculus software.
Reinslall, after the step of sign in/create your acount, disable internet conection (because the problem is an update).
Once the oculus setup has finished, tu can enable your nternet conection,then you can update coulus software when it say, not a problem at this time.
smiley

TrabueBubbas
Honored Guest
Same Exact thing for me, just pulled the Rift out of the box today. Does the same startup and crap out after a few seconds , haven't been able to complete setup. It forces me to update then craps out after I do the update. So frustrating. Any tips would be greatly appreciated