cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions for Cybereality

Solsland
Adventurer
Hi Cybereality, can you help with the following questions please.

Are there any plans to extend the number of regions that can buy Oculus products, in particular islands that are part of the UK but not currently recognised?

Are there any plans to allow your customers to change the currency of their wallets to reflect the currency of their region?  I have to pay in Dollars which means I incur foreign exchange fees every time I buy something from the Oculus Store.  

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

cybereality
Grand Champion
For the first one, I think we do still plan on expanding to other countries, but I don't have any firm information. Also, remote regions and islands are always tricky to ship to so those areas are less likely to be supported. Though I imagine you might have better luck from retailers like Amazon UK or even on Ebay.

The currency question is a good one, but I also don't know of any plans to allow users to change the currency. Currently it is fixed for each region, but in unsupported regions it may default to dollars. But it's good feedback.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Expt626
Protege
Any plans for Singapore? Its not very remote 😞 

Danri87
Honored Guest
i second that... and to think all aussie order comes thought our country...

betc
Protege
that is weird, i did notice Singapore stop over from fedex on its way to Perth, maybe you could hijack the order?!?

Expt626
Protege

betc said:

that is weird, i did notice Singapore stop over from fedex on its way to Perth, maybe you could hijack the order?!?

Armed robbery is a capital offence in Singapore. We have zero armed robberies for decades. 

Danri87
Honored Guest
And HTC vive offical launched in singapore already 😞

Conan
Expert Protege
I have a question 

Can you send my touch already?

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
I dont think you can escape the foreign exchange. They will be making money of this as well as the sale. Paypal for that matter.

kojack
MVP
MVP

betc said:

Yep, it's a west coast australia thing. East coast Touch shipments don't go through Singapore (we get 2 hong kong stops then sydney).

Still crazy though.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2