cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New set-up required?

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Hi Guys. I haven't used my Rift since the last update. I just opened Oculus Home to buy a game and it's telling me "It looks like you have connected a new device" and is continuing to prompt me to perform "initial set-up".

Did everyone have to do this after the update?

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2
8 REPLIES 8

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Well, I've done some playing without needing to set up again - but the message still appears on Home on the desktop, but not in the Rift.

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
Nope, it just updated and continued as normal, not seen anyone else comment on that issue either. 

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Yeah, everything is working okay in the Rift, so I just ignore it.

elboffor
Consultant
I had that message to day after very 1.10 finally dropped. I did the responsible thing though.

Ignored it
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

DerekSpeare
Adventurer
It made me do it.  It finally corrected my sensor position, though...long story, but I had to go through the setup again too.
derekspearedesigns.com

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Maybe it's worth it to see if it sorts the left tilt.

Strange, that, because it seems to get worse as time goes on. When I did a clean Win 10 install, it went away, but has slowly returned. I'll have to think about that - don't suppose it will do any harm to do the set-up again.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I did the set-up again, just to get rid of the pestering notification, but it's totally screwed up my Rift in OH.

Everything was working just fine beforehand - but I did the set-up and everything was looking good until it said to stand up and put the Rift on. It then said that there was a problem with the hardware and to get in touch with support - but didn't give any remote clue what was wrong.

So I just cancelled set-up and went back to using the Rift with what was already done - I mean it had been working fine.... but now there are all sorts of issues, from staying blank when I start-up home (finally managed to get home to appear after closing and starting it a few times) and then, when i exit a game I get the black screen again, with the busy symbol, indefinitely, whilst Home is showing just fine on the monitor.

I also can't access my library. Very unhappy with this unnecessary messing up of my Rift and installation, which looks like it's intended for when Touch is available. So why is it there and pestering me now?
Not happy at all.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Yay! 'Scuse triple post - did the complete install and set-up again this morning (having removed all trace of Oculus stuff beforehand) and it's all gone swimmingly 🙂

Just redownlaoding my stuff now - I have a very fast connection, so it doesn't take long. Has even tempted me to install some games and experiences  I haven't tried yet. :smiley: