cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doom 3 BFG Edition (RB + OpenVR)

Leyland
Expert Protege
You can find the latest version here, last updated Dec 13, 2016, 6:19 PM PST, it is based upon RB DOOM 3 BFG and OpenVR:

https://github.com/Codes4Fun/RBDOOM-3-BFG/releases/tag/1.1.0-openvr12

There is 4 ways to play:
* Seated with Gamepad or Keyboard / Mouse, view independent weapon
* Seated with Gamepad or Keyboard / Mouse, weapon attached to view
* Standing with Gamepad
* Standing with VR controllers

By default it is in standing mode, to enable seated mode in the console (~ key) type:
vr_seated 1

By default seated mode has a view independent weapon, to have the weapon attached to the view in the console type:
vr_aimLook 1

For standing mode you can set your height in the console by typing this with your height in centimeters:
vr_playerHeightCM 171

For seated mode to recenter your body (affects things like movement direction, menu direction, and tilting):
vr_resetPose

The blue circle under your feet is SteamVRs Chaperone, I can't do anything about it in the game BUT you can make it invisible by editing the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\config\steamvr.vrsettings" and change "CollisionBoundsColorGammaA"  to 0 (The source for this work around was http://steamcommunity.com/app/358720/discussions/0/535151589885341101/?ctp=2)

If you want to submit issues on github do it here:
https://github.com/Codes4Fun/RBDOOM-3-BFG/issues

83 REPLIES 83

RABID
Expert Protege
plays great! (im playing standing with a gamepad) only issue is when i hit the button to bring up the data pad it opens steam vr menu. it opens the data pad if i press it again

Leyland
Expert Protege

RABID said:

plays great! (im playing standing with a gamepad) only issue is when i hit the button to bring up the data pad it opens steam vr menu. it opens the data pad if i press it again

Yup, that is the default button for SteamVR "Home", I can't really do anything about it, but when I was playing I got used to double tapping to open and close the PDA.

NjayNL
Protege
awesome work leyland

Anonymous
Not applicable
The game launches OK but I only see HUD upon starting the mission, the rest of the screen is black.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also chaperone overlay is visible, and vive controller models. The planet looks weird, with a red-green color gradient, as if with using vertex colors as a texture.

Syndroid
Heroic Explorer
great additions!  thanks for adding vr_knockbackScale!

Leyland said:

r_seated 1
r_aimLook 1

*vr_...:)

concerning "vr_playerHeightCM"
For me this changes the worldscale rathr than the actual player height.
I tried something like "30" and suddenly I was standing in a toybox version of Doom.
But it's great to have a worldscale option. I'm sensitive to scale in VR. "168" looks about right to me.

"pm_normalviewheight" seems to work in seated mode only.
this way I could get the right player height in seated mode but playing standing.

standing mode has another downside for gamepad users atm. With seated 0, I can't change "g_gunscale" anymore. 
I don't know how the scale of the guns look when playing with motion controllers, but without them the models are too small. Can't wait to test it with Touch in the next few weeks. Awesome work so far!

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Thanks a billion and a half! B)

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Leyland
Expert Protege

Syndroid said:

*vr_...:)
Ha ha, thank!

Syndroid said:

concerning "vr_playerHeightCM"
For me this changes the worldscale rathr than the actual player height.
I tried something like "30" and suddenly I was standing in a toybox version of Doom.
But it's great to have a worldscale option. I'm sensitive to scale in VR. "168" looks about right to me.
vr_playerHeightCM is intended to resize you into a full size space marine! So in standing mode if you are short it will make you taller and if you are taller it will make you shorter. In seated mode it only affects worldscale. A space marine is 194.31 cm (setting it to that height will make the world unscaled)

For seated mode try playing with vr_resetPose instead, if you feel taller than you should sit up taller and call it or vice versa if you feel shorter. BUT currently you have to restart the game for vr_resetPose to work. I am working on a fix so you don't have to restart the game.

Syndroid said:

"pm_normalviewheight" seems to work in seated mode only.
this way I could get the right player height in seated mode but playing standing.

standing mode has another downside for gamepad users atm. With seated 0, I can't change "g_gunscale" anymore. 
I don't know how the scale of the guns look when playing with motion controllers, but without them the models are too small. Can't wait to test it with Touch in the next few weeks. Awesome work so far!

I have to look at what g_gunscale does and try and incorporate it in my changes.

Leyland
Expert Protege

Blasp said:

The game launches OK but I only see HUD upon starting the mission, the rest of the screen is black.

Like you mentioned in the other thread, it sounds like you have the same issue as incrediclint but a different graphics card 😕

What operating system are you running this on?

Blasp said:

Also chaperone overlay is visible, and vive controller models. The planet looks weird, with a red-green color gradient, as if with using vertex colors as a texture.

Chaperone is always visible, you can change steamvr settings to hide it, I'll add instructions to the original first post above.

If the vive controller models are visible it sounds like you are in the dashboard, try pressing the select button.