cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any word on help for Glasses Users? -Oculus Rift

moepalani
Honored Guest
I heard that Oculus were going to offer something to people who have issues using the Rift with their glasses.
My problem is, they totally threw that idea under the bus and have not said anything about it since!?
I hate wearing my contacts just to use this thing, and my glasses don't fit in the Rift because they're huge.
3 REPLIES 3

xWandererx
Heroic Explorer
If you search the forum youll find options for aftermarket lenses with fittings for the rift. You may just have to get smaller glasses-I can only use my older smaller frames in the rift or use contacts. I dont think at least for the moment oculus is going to offer different size headsets which is what you seem to be hinting at. As a glasses wearer too I know what a pain it can be.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oculus has opened up the faceplate CAD files so hopefully we will see some third party ones for glasses sooner than later 🙂

I know people have bought smaller glasses for VR, the 'john lennon' look seems to be a popular one! 

Maxxgold
Rising Star

moepalani said:

I heard that Oculus were going to offer something to people who have issues using the Rift with their glasses.
My problem is, they totally threw that idea under the bus and have not said anything about it since!?
I hate wearing my contacts just to use this thing, and my glasses don't fit in the Rift because they're huge.

I know everyone has different seeing issues, but I have to wear contacts and reading glasses, except when I use my Rift. The Rift magnifies everything enough that I don't need glasses or contacts while using the Rift. I'm guessing that some people also can't use contacts? I would be to worried about scratching my lenses to even play around with wearing glasses inside the Rift. Someone should definitely stay on top of the production of CV2 so that people with these issues can get some relief.