cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Medium is free on launch + reviews are out!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well embargos are over today so here are the first reviews!
Note that each review said it was free on launch day, first 'official' mention of this...even though most people just assumed it was!

Road to VR Review: http://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-medium-review/
UploadVR Review: http://uploadvr.com/medium-review-touch/

22 REPLIES 22

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Just read both of those myself, and was pleased to see in both reviews that Medium is free. I'm glad that that particular concern has been laid to rest.

i really can't wait to get my hands on this and start sculpting!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah me too! Although i though the RoadtoVR was better, at least he reviewed it in a way that was relevent to him. 🙂

GtAwyFrmMyRamen
Adventurer
I hope you can export the models as fbx, obj, etc. Cause if so.... I'm using it exclusively in the nude.

This looks amazing. I hope there are plenty of tools for creating defined regular shapes to specific sizes, as well as the more freehand type shapes.
I'm also keen on knowing what export formats are available... as well as import! being able to import a 3d object you've already created in another package, then sculpt it would be a real game changer!

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can currently export it as a .obj file with vertex colours 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Don't think there are any import options, at least I haven't heard of any. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

kojack
MVP
MVP
Medium isn't polygon based, it's implicit surfaces using signed distance fields (like metaballs or many Shadertoy shaders), so import of other formats isn't as easy as it would be in conventional polygon editors.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
It does look like a good intro into the market. Unfortunately it will be limited my ability to translate what I see in my head to what I can produce with my hands. What I'd like to see it morph into down the line is for it to be able to create what I tell it to through voice command using AI.

* Make a rectangular table, ratio 4 x 2, 1m high, pine finish
* Reduce height by 100mm
* Make legs round
* Change top surface to glass 

It's all about visuals in VR at the moment, but there's a big push with voice assistants going on outside of the space and at some point I feel they are going to merge.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Storm_Cloud  Medium is more of a organic modelling tool, similar to Zbrush. What you described is what you would use a piece of CAD software for which there is currently nothing in VR for, I think that would be a very interesting thing to look into since CAD is used by big industries and could be a real money maker if done right.