New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Dreadhalls to be updated for Oculus Touch support

UberwolfeUberwolfe Posts: 123
Art3mis

Dreadhalls developer working on an update to include Oculus Touch support.

Apparently the update will be free to everyone who currently owns the game.

Work continues, and no release date as yet, but this is exciting news!

Comments

• SteffenSteffen Posts: 97
    Hiro Protagonist
    Nice can't wait, thanks for bringing the good news. 
  • SadGamerDadSadGamerDad Posts: 327
    Trinity

:D Hold me I'm scared

• BGFHBGFH Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Nice!  Dreadhalls is one of my favorite VR games so far. 
  • ApplecorpApplecorp Posts: 741
    3Jane
    edited November 2016
    Can't moan at free updates, not sure it will add much to the experience though considering all you do is pick up stuff/open doors.
    3Jane
    edited December 2016
    I don't know why but I routinely fire this up for a quick play and today is no exception.

Still shit your pants scary, I think because it's so random, and the sound/music is bone chilling.

It can be quiet for ages and then bam the game gets you, which is what just happened, all was quiet and then that huge beast thing appeared, I panicked, turned around and a shadow creature was right behind me. I ran away, hid behind a corner, peaked around it to see if it was safe and there was one of those terrifying witch things. 

Oh my God, three heart attacks in a row., I don't see how any other game can come close to how terrifying this is.
  • Nobbs66Nobbs66 Posts: 722
    3Jane
    edited December 2016
    Umm, yeah no no no no no. I will stick to using my Xbox controller for this.  It scares me enough that way, I don't want to fall over and smash my face into a glass desk. I can imagine the headlines. "Facedesk or Face DEATH: Is VR TOO Real"
    i7 5820K @ 4.4ghz | R9 Fury Tri X @ 1150mhz | 16GB DDR4 2133mhz
  • OtreumOtreum Posts: 101
    Hiro Protagonist
    Awesome! This is a go to game if I want to introduce people to a scary VR experience, it used to be Alien: Isolation, but that obviously doesn't work with CV1 :(
    The only down side to Dreahalls is that it makes everybody sick within about a minute or two, no matter how fast/slow the turning speed is, no matter if it's snap turning, just people get reeeeeaaaally sick in it, yet don't get sick playing Eve: Valkyrie..... :\

In any case, I don't really get sick anymore, and I am super excited to play this with Oculus Touch, kudos to the dev for making it a free update too :)
  • edmgedmg Posts: 1,156
    Wintermute
    edited December 2016
    I felt a bit unwell playing Dreadhalls at first, but then I tried standing while playing it, and that worked fine. It's the turning that upsets me, not the movement.

That said, I didn't get very far into the game, because it scared me too much :)
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited December 2016
    Yeah, it's the turning I've found that makes people unwell, it's because the movement goes from 0 to 100% immediately, it's very boolean, versus, accelerated turning which I think is more comfortable, at least in tests with my own VR game tests. (I tried accelerated movement and turning one weekend, no sickness with people who get sick from VR games, then tried boolean movement the following weekend and within 30seconds, people had to take off the headset off). Although, probably getting a bit off Topic now sorry.

I am curious to know how the Touch implementation will be used in Dreadhalls, I'm guess it'll just be for picking up items, but I think it would be great to be able to hold up the lantern, or hold up the map, or pour oil into the lantern, that'd be really cool.
  • kevink808kevink808 Posts: 803
    3Jane
    I really would like to play this more, but it makes me ill as well.  Not sure if it's just the movement or that in combination with the low resolutions textures...
    Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,865 Valuable Player
    This is awesome news. I still can't beat this game cause I get too damn scared. But I can't wait to try again with my hand presence. Yikes!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,284 Valuable Player
    I paused my play through of this until this update is sorted. I absolutely LOVE this game.

I've found Dead Secret to also be an excellent scary game, I finished it a couple of nights ago and nearly pooed my pants a few times lol
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • Mr.CreepyMr.Creepy Posts: 792
    Neo
    Makes it a buy worth considering for me. Hopefully other games will do the same.
    Hiro Protagonist
    I just want Alien: Isolation in VR again...is this too much to ask? :(
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 4,130 Valuable Player
    edited December 2016
    Otreum said:
    I just want Alien: Isolation in VR again...is this too much to ask? :(
    Ditto bought it for vr. Worked for a week enough to ruin it on a monitor and not worked since. Given up on it now but if sega gave us a surprise that would be great
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    3Jane
    Yeah that is one game I'd love to try, absolutely perfect for VR.

So it's not possible to get it working at all now?
  • edmgedmg Posts: 1,156
    Wintermute
    Alien Isolation works in VorpX (though I never managed to get the FoV high enough to look right), but it used to have official VR support.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,865 Valuable Player
    snowdog said:
    I paused my play through of this until this update is sorted. I absolutely LOVE this game.

I've found Dead Secret to also be an excellent scary game, I finished it a couple of nights ago and nearly pooed my pants a few times lol
    I've played through Dead Secret twice. Definitely one of my favorite VR games thus far.

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • battleaxe39battleaxe39 Posts: 43
    Brain Burst
    I wonder with touch in this game can you at least punch things to defend yourself? Or hit them with the lantern? 
  • Dark3stWhiteDark3stWhite Posts: 60
    Hiro Protagonist
    Zenbane said:
    snowdog said:

I've played through Dead Secret twice. Definitely one of my favorite VR games thus far.

Dead Secret is a game I wanted to like, but it bothered me too much when i would look down and see my contorted and awkward VR body hahahha