DOOM 3 BFG - VR ( V0.021 Updated 3-12-2017) - Page 24 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

DOOM 3 BFG - VR ( V0.021 Updated 3-12-2017)

Comments

• RABIDRABID Posts: 171
    Art3mis
    kgian76 said:
    Great work guys. I completed Doom 3 and it's two expansions with Leyland's mod and it was an amazing experience. I would really like a good quake/quake 2 vr mod with touch support. 
    yea, i think the entire id software library needs the full VR treatment B) quake 4 and rage would be awesome
  • 2EyeGuy2EyeGuy Posts: 1,084
    Trinity
    Samson said:
    There are quite a few changes in the upcoming release ( voice commands, teleporting, weapon slots,  oh my), but one I want to make everyone aware of ahead of time is that the install will change.  All mod files are being put in their own directory now, so you will need to clean the mod out of your existing install ( or just start with a clean doom 3 install) before installing the update when it's ready.  The save game location is changing as well, but your existing save games will work, you will just need to copy them over.  It shouldn't be too difficult, just different, and should be much cleaner moving forward.

I'm working on an NSIS installer that will surgically remove the old version and install the new version. So hopefully people won't have to mess around with that. Almost finished, I just need to work out how to delete english.lang if there's another language present. And ideally, I should check whether it actually is our mod and not another mod or extracted resource files. But it only touches the files we installed that aren't used by Leyland's mod or RBDoom3.
    kgian76 said:
    Great work guys. I completed Doom 3 and it's two expansions with Leyland's mod and it was an amazing experience. I would really like a good quake/quake 2 vr mod with touch support. 
    People who complete the game in earlier versions or Leyland's are missing out. Because playing it in this version would be more fun.
    But for those who know Doom 3 by heart, you can play the Flicksync mode, and act out the cutscenes from the point of view of any character.
    Trinity
    Is there any way to get multiplayer working?
    When I start a server it tries run but drops out to the console.
    Not in this version. Maybe in Leyland's. We're totally trashing the client-server system by using the motion controller aiming etc. directly and not passing them to the server. Sorry. That's a project for later.

I did add the multiplayer maps to the DEV menu though, and created some AAS files for them, so you can wander around them by yourself.
    Trinity
    RABID said:
    kgian76 said:
    yea, i think the entire id software library needs the full VR treatment B) quake 4 and rage would be awesome
    Rage isn't open source, and neither is Quake 4. But Quake 4 is based on the Doom 3 engine, and Rage is based on the BFG engine (which we only have a small part of in Doom 3 BFG), so it might be possible to add support for them to this project. There's an SDK for Quake 4, which hopefully includes the game DLL's source code, which is all the game logic. There's allegedly an SDK for Rage, but I can't find it.
  • drkaiidrkaii Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    Can someone let me know if they also have the problem of not being able to get past Alpha Labs Administration in Samson's mod?
  • lenne0815lenne0815 Posts: 103
    Art3mis
    edited February 2017
    2EyeGuy said:

I'm working on an NSIS installer that will surgically remove the old version and install the new version. 
    Thanks for all your work 2eye ! Back from my guide not installing the mod correctly was the nr 1 problem people were having.
  • Mane_VrMane_Vr Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    just wondering could the couch button be enable I bind it to my b button but it still not working I try a few thing still no good this is the one thing messing this up for me I need a couch button I play seated so enabling the couch button would be helpful to the enjoyment of you mod but I have to say this is a great mod u did a great job do u have any other game u plan to mod next.. and please if so add a couch button not everyone wants to play vr standing or better yet not everyone can play standing
  • SuperTuckSuperTuck Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    edited February 2017
    How do I access the expansions and lost missions in VR?

Nevermind: I had to hit start a new game.
  • frbiefrbie Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    I remember that I found a kind of autoexec with the best console commandos. I searched but I couldn't find it anymore. Do you know where to find it?
    Art3mis
    Jesus, is it just me or is ressurection of evil expansion have totally shit performance even compared to Doom 3 BFG regular campaign.
    Art3mis
    2EyeGuy said:
    RABID said:
    kgian76 said:
    . There's allegedly an SDK for Rage, but I can't find it.
    http://www.bethblog.com/2013/02/08/rage-tool-kit-available-today-on-steam/
    is this it?

• bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,821 Valuable Player
    SuperTuck said:
    Jesus, is it just me or is ressurection of evil expansion have totally shit performance even compared to Doom 3 BFG regular campaign.
    I cant comment on VR buy WAY back in the day when i bought the DLC for the original pre BFG game, iirc the DLC did have higher system requirements.  it pushed my PC to the max back then.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    Brain Burst
    FYI guys the reason I couldn't get out of Administration is because I deleted the base\scripts folder.

Annoyingly, I can't just stick it back in, as it breaks my saves. I have to start the 2 hrs 40 mins all over again.

At least, it's really good!
    Art3mis
    Just go to dev at the title screen and pick the level you were on.
    Brain Burst
    edited February 2017
    Unfortunately that leaves behind all my PDAs and weapons so I think I'll just start again seeing as I'm so close to the beginning.

Annoyingly, the issue came back! Somehow the latest build 015 causes the issue. I have to investigate exactly what does it as I got it working at some point...

Can anyone else get to alpha labs1 with this build?
    Art3mis
    drkaii said:
    Unfortunately that leaves behind all my PDAs and weapons so I think I'll just start again seeing as I'm so close to the beginning.

Annoyingly, the issue came back! Somehow the latest build 015 causes the issue. I have to investigate exactly what does it as I got it working at some point...

Can anyone else get to alpha labs1 with this build?
    delete generated folder inside of base folder. worked for me
    Brain Burst
    Hey, turns out it wasn't that. I did a fresh install and did .014 and that worked. Then I overrode it with .015 and that broke it. So I did another fresh install and just directly installed .015 and that seems to be working. I added the texture mod (just the texture folder, not the other ones) and still working. I used Dev and skipped to Alpha Labs 1 and then used the PDA commands to add all the previous PDAs and happy to say I am going.

This game is SO creepy when it's in VR
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,903 Valuable Player
    I've been out of the loop for a while, but last time I tried this, the texture pack that I downloaded also contained gameplay changes and caused bugs.

Is there a plain TEXTURE pack out there that just had some highres versions of the textures?
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • SyndroidSyndroid Posts: 242
    Nexus 6
    Wildt said:
    I've been out of the loop for a while, but last time I tried this, the texture pack that I downloaded also contained gameplay changes and caused bugs.

Is there a plain TEXTURE pack out there that just had some highres versions of the textures?
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/484987/#Comment_484987
    Brain Burst
    You only need the .part2 from the above link, the others have different folders you shouldn't touch
    @Syndroid Thanks!
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
    drkaii said:
    You only need the .part2 from the above link, the others have different folders you shouldn't touch
    @Syndroid - is this true?
    Brain Burst
    Open them up and have a look for yourself
  • mckrackenmckracken Posts: 56
    Hiro Protagonist
    could someone update page 1 with the latest files?
    Trinity
    The new version is nearly ready... but I've mostly been adding features rather than fixing bugs. Are there any bugs we really need to fix before release?
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    Only the close bug so when you use the oculus universal menu to return to home, it actually kills it.
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • SyndroidSyndroid Posts: 242
    Nexus 6
    edited February 2017
    Wildt said:
    drkaii said:
    as far as I remember there are textures in all 3 files.
    part 2 or 3 should contain the textures for the Resurrection of Evil campaign and there is probably also a "models" folder in one of the PK3's which should contain the textures for the models.
    There shouldn't be any gameplay changing files in those 3 pk3 files.
  • AndyW1384AndyW1384 Posts: 307
    Trinity
    edited February 2017
    Syndroid said:
    Wildt said:
    drkaii said:
    as far as I remember there are textures in all 3 files.
    part 2 or 3 should contain the textures for the Resurrection of Evil campaign and there is probably also a "models" folder in one of the PK3's which should contain the textures for the models.
    There shouldn't be any gameplay changing files in those 3 pk3 files.
    So as well as extracting any "textures" folders, we should also extract "models"? Or should it be "models\textures"?

I presume we should extract any and every textures folder, however deep it is, preserving the path, but it'd be good to have confirmation from someone who's done it before experimenting :)
  • frbiefrbie Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    I have similar questions. I extracted the files to my base folder. Now I have something like
    \base   
           \...
           \maps
           \materials
           \textures
           \...

The in-game textures looks mostly extremly blurry. I cannot image that these are high-res textures. Something must be wrong. I installes only these 3 files mentioned above. I installed NO scripts are something.
  • NacaryusNacaryus Posts: 215
    Nexus 6
    Syndroid said:
    @Sinstalker21

First, make a clean install..(delete everything from the game folder, then use the repair function in Steam)
    Download the main mod file Doom3BFGVR_FP_OculusNativeAlpha015.zip
    and extract it to the game folder.

For high res texures, don't use the mod pack from the video. Download these 3 files instead:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500/addons/perfected-doom-3-texture-pack-v30-part-1
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500/addons/perfected-doom-3-texture-pack-v30-part-2
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500/addons/perfected-doom-3-texture-pack-v30-roe-patch
    Extract the zip files and open the pk4 files with winrar and extract the "texture" folder to 
    "doom 3 bfg\base\"

hi, i have done exactly these steps but when i open DOOM3vr it just returns to oculus home after loading like 5 seconds..

Any help? really want to play :(