cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oh so easy...

Solsland
Adventurer
Here's the rub people, I have owned the Rift for roughly 4 months

Whilst I am not an IT idiot, I am definitely not an IT guru.

Today  after something like a 3 week break I switched on the Rift and..  yet again, I am faced with a blank HMD, blinking yellow dot.  Now luckily I read the forums and know that this is a common issue so unplug everything and start again but here is the thing.

Oculus Rift is now on sale in my local electrical store, people are going to buy this HMD and expect it to work right out of the gate.. people that have even less knowledge than me.

Why is it that every time I switch on my Rift , the thing needs to be rebooted or reset or something that your dip in player is going to struggle with...

Rift will fail if players can't plug and play as they can with the likes of PSVR.
6 REPLIES 6

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I might sell my highend rig and just get a PS4 & PSVR. I've had none stop sensor disconnect problems on the CV1 and support never got back to me after they replied to me and said they were looking into the issue. That was 3 months ago now and I still have problems.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I've had none of these problems since I received my Rift in May.

falken76
Expert Consultant
This is the problem the PC world has been plagued with because of open architecture.  So many variables can cause these issues.  I don't have any of these issues, my rift sits for weeks and works fine when I put it on, no need to reset anything.  I'm sure the majority of rifts will work fine with most peoples configurations.

GtAwyFrmMyRamen
Adventurer
I've never had one issue on my high end pc rig, hardware or software wise.

FourT2
Expert Protege
I think I had this issue once, using my Rift since April. 

Sakkura
Heroic Explorer
You're probably more likely to run into issues with the PSVR. Look at how the tracking works well for some people and is awful for others.