cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Won't Power Up.

mikelong1994
Honored Guest
I'm having some issues. I've had my Rift for a few months now. But for a few weeks now it has been unplugged and put away. I have just got it back out to play and it will not power up. I have the power adapter connected and plugged into the wall, I also have the USB connected. I do not have the HDMI in yet as I wanted to get it powered on before disconnecting my current secondary monitor. Any ideas? If there is any other information you need please ask. I will continue to try and get it working.

Thanks in advance!
9 REPLIES 9

mikelong1994
Honored Guest
A quick question. I am hearing rattling inside the box unit, (The bit with all the connections; USB, HDMI, POWER, ETC). Do I risk breaking any returns policies or warranty if I open this up to take a look?

mikelong1994
Honored Guest
I've got a feeling I know what might be wrong. Before I put it away I had it sat next to me plugged in, and I remember hearing a very loud pop/bang. I assumed it was a fizzy drinks bottle behind me. I've got a horrible feeling that it was the Rift. Surely I must be covered for a replacement? It blew itself up!

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
Yup, that sounds bad. Maybe a short caused a capacitor to blow. The control box should power on without USB, HDMI, or DVI connected. I believe you can contact support for replacement.

support@oculus.com

mikelong1994
Honored Guest
Thanks. I've thrown an Email their way. Hope to hear back. Was really looking forward to a good VR session tonight. XD

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, please talk to support. We can help.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

mikelong1994
Honored Guest
Just thought I would give a little update. I have contacted support, and they have offered me a replacement. They are going to supply me with a return shipping label for the faulty unit, and they have put me in queue for a new one.

10/10 Oculus Support!

Many Thanks. 😄

Sheikh
Honored Guest
Hi,
Got my Oculus Rift today, unpacked, followed the steps -- it does not power on.
There is no blue light coming on anywhere. 🙂
Please assist.
Thanks.
Sheikh
917-693-5793

cybereality
Grand Champion
@Sheikh: Please email support@oculus.com
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

midds99
Honored Guest
got  a second hand oculus go from cex and when i went to use it would not go on wifi becuose it was joined to some one elses account so i do a factory reset on it and now it wont power back up and it seem not to be chargi ng even tho the orange lite flashes can you please help