cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have seen the future of flight simming

Rob1985
Honored Guest
Wow. You described this very well. I can visualise it. Cant wait to try this! Ordered on 1st of October.
6 REPLIES 6

360FOV
Honored Guest
Nice write-up!

Wait until you try a horror game. I shrieked like an 8 year old girl and removed my Rift the first time I played one... and I have never been afraid of anything in my whole life. :shock: It took 3 days before I convinced myself to go back and finish it. Don't worry about the resolution too much, the consumer model will be much clearer!
“My ally is the Force. Life creates it, makes it grow. It’s energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we…not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock…everywhere!"

13thFloor
Honored Guest
What were the steps to get War Thunder running on the Rift? Struggling with this one also.
Intel i920@4ghz, 12gb ram, Windows 7 Nvidia GTX 970 4gb, 120gb SSD, OR Dev Kit 1&2

Jrockin
Honored Guest
That's an awesome write up, great work! Really makes you imagine how it feels!
Its stuff like this that can convert non-vr people to pro-vr fans :mrgreen:

Fluke
Heroic Explorer
Just for the sake of accuracy if you're posting this to other websites:

no more than a couple of smartphone screens in a box

It's a single screen with each lens focusing on one half. Good write up though - I still enjoy reading first impressions 🙂
Co-host of Recentered - A VR Podcast, available on all normal podcast streaming services.

jenza
Honored Guest
they recently ported war thunder for mac, i hope oculus rift mac version comes out soon ^^

13thFloor
Honored Guest
Got it working and must say flying around and looking below, behind and above is awesome. Targeting is another story as it's a pixel or two in the distance.

Just need a powerful desk fan link to PC to speed up and slow down according to speed and some actuators on chair to move it and might be near full immersion!!
Intel i920@4ghz, 12gb ram, Windows 7 Nvidia GTX 970 4gb, 120gb SSD, OR Dev Kit 1&2