New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

The Music Thread

Comments

• PhoenixSpyderPhoenixSpyder Posts: 364
    Trinity
    Tremonti's Cauterize album is great for the heavier side of things....
    i7 8700k @ 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, MSI 1080ti Gaming X, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0
    "Presently developing a VR project (outside of my profession) due to the lack of availability of what I would like to experience" Details soon...don't want to spill anything just yet!!
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 7,075 Valuable Player
    edited July 19
    Not trying to spoil the groovy music, but I totally forgot that a new potentially awesome album has arrived :#;) The best song may be:

A bit strange - but it seems they've published the entire new album on YouTube for free - maybe that's the new way...:

The CD seems to arrive August 7 2020. 
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,806 Valuable Player

I'm liking that Sleep Paralysis song. Right in the first 2 seconds, with those crazy sounds, I was like...

Reminds me of Unter Null. I haven't listened to her music in awhile, but I was a big fan. I saw her live several years ago. I got to hang with her a bit during the after show.

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    edited July 20
    Zenbane said:

I'm liking that Sleep Paralysis song. Right in the first 2 seconds, with those crazy sounds, I was like...

Reminds me of Unter Null. I haven't listened to her music in awhile, but I was a big fan. I saw her live several years ago. I got to hang with her a bit during the after show.

I've been to one Unter Null concert, but that was a very long time ago - maybe 2006 or something - in Copenhagen. Back then Unter Null had just released the CD "The Failure Epiphany". It's the only CD I own from her. Another great song from the CD:

I haven't been following her releases after 2005, and her latest releases (according to Wikipedia) happened in 2010 - this does sound great too - just checked, and she seems still to be active and went on tour in 2018. 

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

• snowdogsnowdog Posts: 8,052 Valuable Player
    Peter Green, one of the co-founders of Fleetwood Mac, died in his sleep the other day.

And Sir Alan Parker, who Directed Pink Floyd The Wall also died today. 😭
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • kojackkojack Posts: 7,056 Volunteer Moderator
    Little Big released a new video an hour ago!

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Oculus Forum Tool,  Phantom Touch Remover,  Forum Dark Mode,  X-Plane Fixer
    Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
    Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
    I think I'm in love again. :heart:

😂😂😂
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

That video is epic af @kojack
    I was really hungry when I watched it, so I made pulled beef tacos. :)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Oculus Forum Tool,  Phantom Touch Remover,  Forum Dark Mode,  X-Plane Fixer
    Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2
  • sara200sara200 Posts: 9
    Brain Burst
    I know this older but just wanted to add one of my current favorites:
    but it won't let me post a link because I'm still new, so just google Drake-laugh now cry later for a chill summer vibe

• JobDivaJobDiva Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Let it ROCK!!! B)
    edited August 19
    I'm still going through an Eminem streak. A certain song came to mind recently...

• WildtWildt Posts: 2,297 Valuable Player

PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
    PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
    WMR: HP Reverb
    edited August 22
    Wildt said:

Reassuring to see that people who can't afford VR still can find things to do in the real world  <3  :D

I really need to see the back of that shovel! It's like... fk'in  magic!
    <3
    This song is now like 32 years old, time flies, lol...

^^
    I clicked but it says, "Video Unavailable"
     :'( 
    edited September 13
    Zenbane said:
    ^^
    I clicked but it says, "Video Unavailable"
     :'( 

YouTube really is getting annoying - the link I provided was for the studio version, and it's not the most easy "song" (or yelling, whatever, lol) to get right live - but seems I can only find live recordings, maybe this will work:

I think the song is meant to be played really ... loud ... using real speakers  B) Recorded in June 1988. It's from the album That Total Age - according to Wikipedia: "Thar Total Age is the debut album of the British EBM group Nitzer Ebb. After its release, it spawned the hit single "Join in the Chant," which hit #9 on the US dance chart in 1987".

More from the album:

Can't imagine buying that stuff today, but fun to watch some history... Did just buy the new CD from Dawn of Ashes though, need to support the artists in these times! - And I like having a real CD o:)

This is pretty cool, a short documentary about the band Nekrogoblikon and how viral success of their first music video took them from playing shows with 20 people to 20000 people.

I did a search and there's no KMFDM music posted that I can see, just 3 mentions of them. That must be rectified.

But who are KMFDM?
    Well, before we continue the task at hand, let's go ahead and introduce the band:
    Intro

(Ok, that's the members as of 2003)

Stars and Stripes (for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Definitely no reason)

The first KMFDM song I ever hear, in the form I first heard it. It's a trailer for anime from Manga Video. I had this ad on some vhs I rented a long time ago.
    Ultra

Here's a great one with Lucia taking the vocal lead:
    Superhero

Megalomaniac

They've released 21 albums and are still going strong after 36 years.

This is all too modern for my liking. Time for some classic Blues blasts from the past:

And talking of Crossroads:

B) 

Might have to rewatch the Blues Brothers and Crossraods now, two of my favourite films!

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 3,052 Valuable Player
    Snowie, you should be singing Working on a Chain Gang, lol!

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest 1 w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

Or maybe some of these:

This is the BEST prison song of ALL TIME!!!!

For those that are musically minded this song switches between the 4/4/ 19/16 and 21/16 time signatures, and those crazy talented bastards recorded this live in one take with no fucking punch-ins or overdubs!!! :o:D

One of my favourite Zappa songs on my favourite Zappa album (Joe's Garage Acts II and III).

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 3,052 Valuable Player
    Here's one for ya mate. starts at 02:14;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLgY0O9XuW0

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest 1 w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• Cavanna00Cavanna00 Posts: 12
    Brain Burst

Old School Hip Hop for the win! B)

I always just listened to music via my laptop or phone but recently I bought myself a Bluetooth speaker (I know I'm quite late to the game :D ) But wow it's just so much better

For all of you still struggling with bad music quality, think about investing in a speaker - at least my ears are happy now lol
    That's the article I stumbled across before buying one maybe it might help you too: https://www.technikhiwi.de/lautsprecher-fuer-handy-test/

Neil Cicierega has just released a new mashup album: Mouth Dreams

edited October 6
    A new Ninja Sex Party album is available for preorder. Here's the first released song from it.
    Thunder & Lightning

After a 5 year break, Can't Stop Won't Stop has a new song out. I hope more are on the way soon.
    Fridays

Nekrogoblikon's cover of Chop Suey

That Goblin Chop Suey is epic af!  <3

So I recently found out that Static-X released a new album! That's amazing. Especially considering that the legend himself, Wayne Static, passed away in 2014.

Static will always have a special place in my heart, and my library. I saw them live many years ago, and Wayne was an awesome frontman, and the band's music hits my preferred style of metal: Blending harsh rhythms with dance beats. It's one of the reasons I like bands like Rammstein and Ministry so much. It's not just about head banging, but moving your whole body.

Also, many years ago I ran my own forum community; which was a small version of the Braw Hall - where everyone and everything was about flame wars lol. One of our community members went to a Static-X show and Wayne signed an autograph with a shoutout to our trash-talking forum. That picture was plastered atop our community page for years. 

In light of all that, here's one of my favorite songs from Static-X's new album. Note that they have a new frontman who sounds A LOT like Wayne Static. Although I would say that when he sings he sounds more like Jonathan Davis of Korn. But when he screams... spot on Wayne Static sound.

I've never really listened to them, but Push It is such a great energetic song. I really should check them out.
    There's a lot of groups that I only knew from one or two songs on Rage. That's an australian tv show that was on late friday and saturday nights that played top chart music and also had guest artists as djs choosing their favourite playlists. Push It was one of the only Static X songs that was common on there.

I need to track down more songs I heard on Rage. A while ago I became a huge fan of The Supermen Lovers and Scissor Sisters because I liked one song from each of them on Rage decades ago, then had them pop up on spotify or youtube and gave them another try.
    I've mentioned The Supermen Lovers in here already. But not Scissor Sisters, although the forum search is pretty broken at the moment so maybe I did?
    I only knew their song Take Your Mama from on Rage. But about 2 years ago Spotify played I Don't Feel Like Dancing while I was walking around a supermarket and I got hooked.
    They make a lot of cool videos too.

Powerman 5000 also released a new album recently. Not bad, but not as good as their classic Tonight the Stars Revolt.
    One of their latest: Brave New World

Strange, I mentioned Mystery Skulls for the animated video Money, but I didn't post their awesome multi-episode animated story. (Unless the forum search is even more broken than I thought) Well, yesterday episode 4 came out. So here it all is.

It took 2 years for episode 4, and it ends with a cliff hanger. Argh, now I have to wait for episode 5!

For any System of a Down fans, they just ninja-released 2 new songs; the first in some 15 years. They are for a fundraiser, but still great to hear them again.