New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

The Music Thread

1222324252628»

Comments

• RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 7,408 Valuable Player
    edited November 2020
    kojack said:
    This is pretty cool, a short documentary about the band Nekrogoblikon and how viral success of their first music video took them from playing shows with 20 people to 20000 people.

I did a search and there's no KMFDM music posted that I can see, just 3 mentions of them. That must be rectified.

But who are KMFDM?
    Well, before we continue the task at hand, let's go ahead and introduce the band:
    Intro

(Ok, that's the members as of 2003)

Stars and Stripes (for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Definitely no reason)

The first KMFDM song I ever hear, in the form I first heard it. It's a trailer for anime from Manga Video. I had this ad on some vhs I rented a long time ago.
    Ultra

Here's a great one with Lucia taking the vocal lead:
    Superhero

Megalomaniac

They've released 21 albums and are still going strong after 36 years.

Still remember this one, lol:

Btw, just saw that the name is an abbreviation for Kein Mehrheit Für Die Mitleid (="no pity for the majority" in German), always thought it meant "Kill MotherFuc**** Depeche Mode", lol
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 961 Evo M.2 SSD 128GB (for OS) + Samsung EVO 860 4TB SSD (for games) + Toshiba P300 High-Performance HDD 3TB (for games); Win10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1, the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0.

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
    Don't recall if I already posted this - but better twice than never  B)

Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 961 Evo M.2 SSD 128GB (for OS) + Samsung EVO 860 4TB SSD (for games) + Toshiba P300 High-Performance HDD 3TB (for games); Win10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1, the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0.

edited November 2020
    Not the biggest fan of CombiChrist, but this video must have been fun to make - and probably not that cheap too, lol.

Maybe better  ;)

Oldies - CombiChrist 14 years ago:

• Heiko_THeiko_T Posts: 15
    Brain Burst
    First Billy Talent  Album is kinda whack, but Prisoner of Today is pretty good nonetheless. Also True Fuschnick counts pretty much to the basics if you hear old school hiphop

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 16,874 Valuable Player
    edited November 2020
    Great Ministry reference @RuneSR2

They had a concert in VR recently. I attended their first version of this back in 2016/2017. I love this band, and listened to all of their earlier works quite religiously.

But now it's the Holiday Season in 2020, so here is a little Christmas Cheer to all of you from me... and my... nice... big...

drum

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane