New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

The Music Thread

Comments

• BlTEYBlTEY Posts: 185
    Art3mis
    edited December 2016
    I got my shipping notice, I will get my Touch tommorow... that's my thoughts now, and the music is so fitting to the visuals.

Edit: I got my Touch prematurely. I am so happy! come fight me! My in riftr name is BlastaMasta
    Edit2: I have troubles with mic... stay tuned, not like you miss anything! I am not a native english speaker anyway.

• PablitoPablito Posts: 361
    Trinity
    It's pretty iconic after all this time.
    Art3mis
    I love philips, I have a waking SAD lamp (it might be placebo but it does help me, I am working night pattern so it's difficult), and living colours lamps... It's silly but it's a great feature to change you'r room colour on demand. I love it.
    I am a little bit drunk, trying to connect touch and stuff.... wish me luck.
    Art3mis
    Kinda want to buy raspbery pi and make an ambilight effect on my monitor! Damn, I have to do it now.
    Art3mis
    I am deeply disturbed! I need Touch

Art3mis
    edited December 2016
    Japanese precision is required! :P
    Art3mis

• Stryker1000Stryker1000 Posts: 489
    Trinity
    surprised no one has mentioned nine inch nails ..fields of the nephelim... "insert industrial or goth here"
    Art3mis
    edited December 2016
    I fixed it for ya.

For quite some time, this was a music I went to sleep with...
    "The hall of souls" is just magnificient
    Art3mis
    I can see what you see not.
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.

Then you see what cannot be.
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.

Art3mis
    edited December 2016
    Regarding Amiga music, I loved this one! I know it's a remake, but that's how it sounded to me back then. It's cleaner and more refined now, and still awesome.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Posts: 163
    Art3mis
    edited December 2016
    surprised no one has mentioned nine inch nails ..fields of the nephelim... "insert industrial or goth here"
    I count coup on Quake!

Absolutely amazing in concert, 2006 at Global Gathering.
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    @BlastaMasta for the love of God, have some basic netiquet abour you and stop with the double-tripple-quadruple-quintuple posts
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    edited December 2016
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Posts: 163
    Art3mis
    edited December 2016
    Showcasing one of my most favorite and ancient instruments: the didge.  Very meditative.

The second video is me.  The next one is also me.  It is psalm 23:

https://plus.google.com/+JacobLuttio/posts/CcCuDkc5EMQ
  • kisinthakisintha Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Awesome!!!!!!
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,117
    Wintermute
    I was in youtube displayed on my virtual giant desktop after a party and kind of high when this stuff collide with my eyes and brain. The day after it still something to play again, even sober. Other titles she made are also very good IMHO:

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.5GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

• SyndroidSyndroid Posts: 242
    Nexus 6

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Awesome, man! Used to love LTJ Bukem. Saw them a few times live when I was into going outside.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • ConanConan Posts: 79
    Hiro Protagonist
    I listen to Manowar

Everything else is for wimps
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 15,026 Valuable Player
    This latest stuff from @Phaserlight and @YoLolo69 made me think of my favorite female artist, Azam Ali. I own at least 4 of her albums, and I must admit I am mildly obsessed with this woman.

It all started when I accidentally clicked on a YouTube link that played this song:

Anyone who has watched the movie, 300, has heard Azam's voice:

She's an absolute badass through and through, and was selected by my favorite guitar player, Buckethead, to appear in a song alongside Serj from System of a Down. The 3 of these legends made a killer track:

And while on the topic of Buckethead... my first post in this thread was about Primus. And they both have done a lot of work together:

If you're new to Buckethead, his 1 minute 22 second solo has nearly 3 million views:

But I digress,

This is my number 1 favorite Azam Ali song, and probably my favorite female artist song of all time:

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,007 Valuable Player
    Wow

This song of exile, this is why Zenbane is back adding color  :)

This is amazing i have never heard of her before but i feel i need to, that song reminds me of a song sung by the chika in the cafe at the end of my fav indie movie...only lovers left behind.

Such powerful musica, i feel i need to learn what she is saying to us

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
    vannagirl said:

This is amazing i have never heard of her before but i feel i need to
    I'm happy to introduce folks to Azam. She has a very powerful impact on anyone who values world music and hypnotic rhythms. Not to mention that her voice is borderline godlike (at least to me). I need to purchase more of her albums over the Holidays. She is one of those few artists whom I simply must own the entire music collection.
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,007 Valuable Player
    i will have a look at her discography and where to pick some up.

She sound perfect for setting up, flying around when you land at a red giant and everything feels too real
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    Azam! Yes ... heard her a lot. I love middle eastern harmonies. They really play well on my ear.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,988
    3Jane

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
  • SyndroidSyndroid Posts: 242
    Nexus 6

Art3mis
    edited December 2016
    Sorry man, I was too extaitc I think. I have one that I found recently :)

Art3mis
    I can't contain myself!!! sorry.

Not a problem posting multiple videos. But try editing your last post instead of making multiple back-to-back posts. It helps with the notifications.