New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

UltraWings

leo1954auleo1954au Posts: 363
Nexus 6
Was looking forward to buying Ultrawings but I don't see it in the oculus store anymore dose anyone know why it was taken out ?

Comments

• VrsimulationsVrsimulations Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Yeah, this was like one of the only touch titles I was interested in - where is it?
  • VrsimulationsVrsimulations Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    They're both "touch" products but other than that, no relation, no:)
  • rVRclosetrVRcloset Posts: 261
    Nexus 6
    leo1954au said:
    Was looking forward to buying Ultrawings but I don't see it in the oculus store anymore dose anyone know why it was taken out ?
    Same here, and also missing Wilson's Heart.
    Anyone have release dates on those?
    The Closet Sim Rig
    ASUS ROG G752VS - i7 6700HQ 16GB Ram / GTX 1070 8GB Vram / Win10 x64 / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Oculus Rift CV1
  • Gullie667Gullie667 Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    Hey Yall, 
    Super excited to see that you're interest in Ultrawings.
    We are shooting for an Early February 2017 release. In the mean time feel free to keep track of us on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ultrawings/

• leo1954auleo1954au Posts: 363
    Nexus 6
    Gullie667 said:
    Hey Yall, 
    Super excited to see that you're interest in Ultrawings.
    We are shooting for an Early February 2017 release. In the mean time feel free to keep track of us on Facebook:

Thanks will keep a lookout for it
  • BilbosmegginsBilbosmeggins Posts: 246 Poster of the Week
    Details are starting to sneak out.  Can't wait 'til it touches down :)

http://uploadvr.com/ultrawings-pilotwings-vr/

Nexus 6
    Yes looking forward to this coming out hope it's soon
  • flybooneflyboone Posts: 84 Quick Draw McGraw
    I cannot wait!!!!! Really looking forward to this one. 
    Dead and Buried Quick Draw Chamion
    Early February was initially cited as being the probable launch time.  With early Feb getting slightly less early I was just wondering if anyone had any insight?  Their Facebook page isn't exactly vibrant with activity.  This is pretty much the only title I'm waiting for at the mo'.
    Nexus 6
    bit planet games last update for ultra wings was December 8 and even then they didn't give a release date so we mite be waiting awhile yet
    The 21st has been alluded to on their Facebook page.  I'm hoping that means this month :)
    Yeah!
    Just hoping that they can price it within the realms of sensibility.  If it gets priced like The Climb, then I shall play the waiting game.......
  • ten_sixten_six Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    This one is on my radar now too 
    Release date is tomorrow!!  :smile: :smile:

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 5,045 Valuable Player
    edited February 2017
    Just hoping that they can price it within the realms of sensibility.  If it gets priced like The Climb, then I shall play the waiting game.......
    Never played The Waiting Game, what's it like? Does it last longer then 9 hours, I'm in if it does.
    If it's anything like The Crying Game, expect a big shock :smiley:
    edited February 2017
    Can't wait to play tomorrow!
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 2,200 Poster of the Week
    Release date is tomorrow!!  :smile: :smile:

But it's the 21st NOW!
    Nexus 6
    The 21st here in Aus but just recently I brought a game off steam that was due for release on the 16th but had to wait until late at night around 8pm because of the time difference
    edited February 2017
    Release will be 8am PST.  Bit of a bugger as I shall be out by then.  Oh, and the Vive owners are getting mighty upset (again!) about Oculus' hold on this title.  Getting quite bitter on the Ultrawings Facebook page :neutral:
  • FunkyLasagneFunkyLasagne Posts: 121
    Art3mis
    Wow - some real histrionics on the facebook page from (I guess) Vive owners.  I'm guessing these folk are adults - shame they can't act like it.  The game developer sounds very apologetic in their replies - they shouldn't be, they have done nothing wrong.  
    Feel a bit sorry for the developers.  This, being launch day, should be a real, happy time of excitement for them.  But, instead, they've ended up in a turd-fight :(
  • ChazmeisterChazmeister Posts: 496
    Trinity
    So, anyone played it yet? Worth a buy? 
    Just bought it.  It's downloaded and I'm going in :)
  • e_m_d88e_m_d88 Posts: 372
    Trinity
    Let's us know how it is please. 
    ASUS Sabertooth Z170 S, i5 6600K. 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3000 MHZ. SSD Samsung 850 Pro 256 gigs. WD Caviar Black 1 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1, Acer Predator XG270HU [email protected] hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. EVGA Supernova 750 G2 PSU. Inatech 4 port USB 3.0.  Rift + Touch.
  • FunkyLasagneFunkyLasagne Posts: 121
    Art3mis
    Review in at UpLoadVR
  • LitespeedLitespeed Posts: 300
    Trinity
    edited February 2017
    After playing for about 1 1/2h my 1st impression is more positive, though I agree with some points being made in that review.

The game feels great. The Touch integration is fantastic. That starts with all those nice little ideas in the menus and options and continues with turning and flicking switches in the plane.
    In simulator mode (didn't try arcade) it feels more realistic than I expected for this game (without going full sim, e.g. there's no wind and weather influence at all so far).
    Being a real-life Ultralight pilot I like it this way, they managed to capture the feeling of flying an ultralight aircraft quite well.

Visually it's a bit too bland for my taste and I guess that'll be the most limiting factor for long-time motivation unless they'll add more maps in future patches. It's just 4 small islands in an ocean. I have only visited the first 2 of them but they are really small and there isn't much to explore.

I'm not always happy with the mission design. Some are fine like flying through rings and landing in difficult places but I found the photo missions quite annoying where you have to identify the target shown on a picture and take a photo from the same angle. Logical concerns aside (why take a picture that shows the same motive in exactly the same way as the one you already have?) it's never really clear why the game wouldn't accept the picture I've taken. Combined with the challenging time limit it's really frustrating.

I'm quite immune to VR sickness so I've only played with all comfort options off. I didn't have any problems at all but I think those that are sensitive are going to need them. That might in part just be due to realism though (in real life you're also much more likely to feel queasy in an ultralight than in a big passenger plane).

Please keep in mind I'm just giving my first impression. I've only flown the first aircraft so far and I haven't tried all mission types yet. The main point is I like the game so far mostly because of how it feels. Also they are showing some nice new ideas about how to do a light simulation in VR.
    I think it was worth investing my 25€.