New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Comments

• 24_7gaminghub24_7gaminghub Posts: 546
    Nexus 6
    I've used medium today, I'm a beginner, How do you make such great graphics!! Anyway you can print a model of what your sculpted to a 3d printer?
  • P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,715 Valuable Player
    Galuz said:
    I've used medium today, I'm a beginner, How do you make such great graphics!! Anyway you can print a model of what your sculpted to a 3d printer?

I've spoken with a lot of talented people and they mostly recommend practising and learning. That's my plan - practice and learn like hell and then at the end, like I think maybe god or a passing wizard or something will grant me the gift of talent.
  • Sinstalker21Sinstalker21 Posts: 253 Poster of the Week
    Galuz said:

Yeah you are supposed to be able to use the 3d printer to print out the things you make. 
  • TsuekasaTsuekasa Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I had a little too much fun my first time around.

• cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 939
    3Jane
    If that's your first time then I'm looking forward to seeing what you do when you finally get good at it  ;)

MY first time was running the house tutorial
    3Jane
    MikeZwo said:
    No Idea how you guys can create such good things, I tried my best and finished it like this 
    Reality / Expection

On the plus side, I've been wanting to do Pepe in Medium and now you beat me to it!  :'(
  • j.mehdaouij.mehdaoui Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Working in medium starting from scratchor using stamp to import D model
    3Jane
    I like that. The black background really sets it out. One can do some nice abstract stuff in Medium too. 
  • tinghamtingham Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    This isn't technically my first sculpt but, it's the first sculpt I'm interested in sharing, it's an environment piece inspired by watching the Robot demo from the livestream: 

• Sinstalker21Sinstalker21 Posts: 253 Poster of the Week
    I couldn't get my video to open back up to watch or send to ppl in an email.  How do you do that? Do i need to change the format it saves in?
  • tinghamtingham Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    I couldn't get my video to open back up to watch or send to ppl in an email.  How do you do that? Do i need to change the format it saves in?
    You'll probably want to use OBS to record your screen. The internal recordings are in a proprietary format that can only be played back inside of Medium. This isn't really clear from the UI at all.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    That's awesome! Nice job.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • southerngfxsoutherngfx Posts: 89
    Hiro Protagonist
    Zormone: love him! I watched your video and love your eyes 
    Nexus 6
    These are all nice, but why aren't you guys playing rec room paintball?
  • P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,715 Valuable Player
    I second @southerngfx comment about the eyes. I've been doing them the total opposite way - bump for the iris with a recessed pupil. Your method seems to catch the light way better. Hate to break it to you but I'm totally stealing that!
  • zormonezormone Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    P3nT4gR4m said:
    I second @southerngfx comment about the eyes. I've been doing them the total opposite way - bump for the iris with a recessed pupil. Your method seems to catch the light way better. Hate to break it to you but I'm totally stealing that!
    Its a common technique in traditional sculpting.So you are not stealing,you are learning.
  • zormonezormone Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Galuz said:
    Because we are already playing Elven Assassin.
    Nexus 6
    zormone said:
    Galuz said:
    Because we are already playing Elven Assassin.

Might give that a shot.
    Nexus 6
    On a side note, was wondering if these sculps can be sent to a 3d printer for printing?
  • MattHickmanMattHickman Posts: 359 Oculus Staff
    Galuz said:
    On a side note, was wondering if these sculps can be sent to a 3d printer for printing?
    Yup, they sure can. Hit the export button in the home menu, clean up any mesh errors and away you go. There are a number of how-to and tips on the forums here to help guide you and we're working on cleaner mesh export so it's easier to go strait to a printer.
  • MattHickmanMattHickman Posts: 359 Oculus Staff
    Fantastic video. All of us on the team are watching and enjoying.
  • southerngfxsoutherngfx Posts: 89
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks Matt. Next stage for me is some time on a j750 again. We worked on an amazing Stop Motion commercial in the UK last year and got some hands on time with that latest Stratysys colour machine and after watching Gio that's where I'm aiming.