New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Comments

• P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,715 Valuable Player
    Wonder if anyone would be interested in a round robin style thing where we take a layer each and do a bit then share it it on to the next punter? Wonder if it would even work? If anyone's interested lemme know, I'll start a fread. 
  • DeadlyJoeDeadlyJoe Posts: 776
    3Jane
    Sounds fun. I'd definitely participate.
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    I'd be game, when you upload the model to the medium site it compresses all the layers down though, I wonder if the model gets exported over and over again if we will loose too much quality? 

Might be better to share the raw folder from Medium around.
    Gave Mrs P3nT a go on Medium tonight, now that I've got the studio setup. Roomscale Medium is a whole nother level of awesome!

• NeubaujeNeubauje Posts: 4
    NerveGear

As always, a single shot doesn't quite show off the complexities of the sculpt itself, but I do hope to refine this and give it more detail and resolution so it will look better when 3D printed large enough to wear.
  • MonstaahMonstaah Posts: 143
    Art3mis
    @NickOh73 Awesome stuff mate!!  have ya had a go with the inflate tool? it might do what after, i tell ya you'll get different results with different resolutions with it though, higher res gives better detail..  
    PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
    oooh it even has lights!! =)
    @NickOh73 Great work! For 3D printing you can export an .obj file and that can be used for 3D printing.
  • NickOh73NickOh73 Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    @Monstaah @FrozenPea thank you! Well, the inflate tool works quite well in higher resolution, but it's not the same like a pitch tool. You need way more steps for a decent crease. Push and pull is meant for bigger areas, not just for an area on a surface. It's essential for deforming whole parts of your model. 

I think Autodesk has a printing service integrated in their mobile apps.. this is greate if you have no printer and the quality is ace due to the full color printing..

@NickOh73 Check out Shapeways and 3DHubs as well :) 3D hubs connects you with local people with 3D printers.
  • DeadlyJoeDeadlyJoe Posts: 776
    3Jane
    edited April 2017
    Bet those scales are taking forever. :)
  • DocHuckleberryDocHuckleberry Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    still not easy trying to set up a scene with a character and a background for the "photo", any pointers?
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Say what!?!? That's amazing.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Brain Burst
    edited April 2017
    update...is there a way to merge different scuplts? Or at least some way that allows higher resolutions than stamps? 
  • acacia33acacia33 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    snowdog said:
    @FrozenPea I'm just wondering where these photos are being saved..? I took a picture of my first effort and can't find the image to upload it to an image hosting site!  :o

Edit: No worries, I've just found it. For anyone else wondering it's saved in your Windows Documents folder!  :D

Here's my first effort, just spent a few minutes messing around with the swirl tool, I'll do something proper later on:

I like colour combination! :smiley: I am addicted to colours.
    @NickOh73 bloody hell, mate, you're really going for it aint you? My first sculpt was a red blob with painted on eyes  :D

Brain Burst
    P3nT4gR4m said:
    @NickOh73 bloody hell, mate, you're really going for it aint you? My first sculpt was a red blob with painted on eyes  :D

Thanks mate, it is so funny, I've tried z brush and 3dcoat before, but I never came so far. I've always felt there is too much distance between me, the tools and the model. So I gave up an hour after opening those apps. I really believe that VR for creating 3D content is THE killer. 3D coat and others definitely should consider to build a VR verion of their software.
    NickOh73 said:
    P3nT4gR4m said:

Thanks mate, it is so funny, I've tried z brush and 3dcoat before, but I never came so far. I've always felt there is too much distance between me, the tools and the model. So I gave up an hour after opening those apps. I really believe that VR for creating 3D content is THE killer. 3D coat and others definitely should consider to build a VR verion of their software.
    I hear ya there. First time I tried z-brush I thought I was gonna have an aneurysm just looking at the splash screen. I think the mainstream packages getting into VR will be a matter of when and not if. Compared to Medium, tho, they have a lot of baggage that they'll have to work around. Have a look at UE4 VR editing mode for the perfect example of what I'm talking about. Taking your existing software and just bolting on VR is a hiding to nowhere.
    Brain Burst
    your're right, but I feel its time for  most of those companies to rethink their software anyway. it is not much but there are some tools I miss in Medium... but hey, it's 1.1....
    Yeah, VR is a brand new thing. A lot of people are still, quite understandably, thinking in 2-d. Lot of untapped potential there. IMO more devs should be looking at voice. That tech is totally mature now. How much easier to just ask for something than wading through menus. Elite dangerous is totally unplayable in VR until you hook up voice attack, then it's king of awesome