New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Comments

• P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,715 Valuable Player
    Nicely done! There's no transparency options for now without exporting to another package
  • NickOh73NickOh73 Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    That's ace man.
  • JacobVRJacobVR Posts: 31
    Brain Burst
    I think this is a testament to how easy it is to use Medium, I picked it up so quickly! It's a great tool and I can't wait to use more of it!
  • Artist3dArtist3d Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    In Medium is one of those early signature applications that provides a tool unique to the virtual reality parallel Universe, allowing you to create in a way that was never before possible. Kudos to everyone involved in the creation of this powerful innovation. Here is one of my first serious attempts to use it. "Genetic High Rise" created for my developing Dreamscaping Series.

• adrozadroz Posts: 12
    NerveGear

Nice work! What's your technique for getting the nice straight and tidy paneling on the body of the craft? Are you just using the constrain to line with the subtract clay tool?
  • Sterling77Sterling77 Posts: 514
    Neo
    adroz said:

Nice work! What's your technique for getting the nice straight and tidy paneling on the body of the craft? Are you just using the constrain to line with the subtract clay tool?
    Yes invert the clay brush > there's some good custom stamps in traditional for clean line cuts > some are constrained line cuts others are freehand :) 
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
  • southerngfxsoutherngfx Posts: 89
    Hiro Protagonist
    Sterling: Lovely work
    I guess I should put up a sketchbook :) 
    Sick!!!

Sterling: Lovely work
    Sup, Glen, was wondering where you'd disappeared to. Good to have you back. Do you come bearing awesome screenshots?
  • Sterling77Sterling77 Posts: 514
    Neo
    edited May 2017
    @southerngfx love your work as well LOL - thanks for the compliment ! Thanks @P3nT4gR4m @FrozenPea
  • southerngfxsoutherngfx Posts: 89
    Hiro Protagonist
    Hey Ross. We had a serious amount of work land in the studio last month so I dropped off social media (as I do regularly) and just focussed on getting shit done.  Also we had technical issues with both of our rigs.
    The first one we crushed a cable to the point where the head set wasn't being detected. So that was a new cable ordered.

The second rig then lost sound. It wasn't the Rift hardware as we could get sound in the headset from a webpage or video as long as Oculus Rift wasn't running. Turns out certain USB3 slots had crapped out. They still work but don't seem to be able to cope with the power demands once Oculus is running.

We bought a 4 USB3 port card with dedicated power and that sorted it. Painful month!  All good learning but annoying and expensive. 

Ouch! I feel your pain on the tech probs, that crap is an annoying part of my dayjob, too. Good to hear you're keeping busy tho.
  • animator.Edanimator.Ed Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited June 2017
    Made my first Model last night. I wanted to share it but somehow the website doesn't let me login, I can login on the app just fine but not on the website
    edited June 2017
    Welcome to the party! Looks like you're off to a flying start. No ideas with the website thing, but I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out. @MattHickman

Apart from the sharing thing, how you finding it? Be warned, Medium is practically my religion right now so if you hate it I will dedicate vast screeds of tl/dr to explaining to you, you're wrong  :D
  • animator.Edanimator.Ed Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Thanks
  • MattHickmanMattHickman Posts: 359 Oculus Staff
    I wanted to share it but somehow the website doesn't let me login, I can login on the app just fine but not on the website
    Welcome! Hm, sorry the website is a weird one. Have you tried different browser or logging in from oculus.com, then accessing your gallery once logged in? 

We don't actually handle anything with the log on side of the web process, general support should be able to help though.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    @animator.Ed can you let me know exactly what webpage you are going to which doesn't work? Also have you tried different browsers, something that could be the issue.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • KarmingtonKarmington Posts: 49
    Brain Burst
    8 Gb RAM ran out pretty fast. Slotting more in tomorrow : )
    Medium is fantastic... This was a real fast rough test, getting better every day.
    16gig did me for a while but I sort of grew out of it and upped it to 32. Can't even imagine using Medium on 8gigs - I feel your pain  :'(
  • Fistful_of_ColorsFistful_of_Colors Posts: 140
    Art3mis
    After seeing the work of SoutherGFX and a few of the spotlight sessions, I had to get a pc and get going with Medium. Having some irregulary start issues with Medium, but I got the throught the tutorial and bashed this model together. Its a mockup based off a concept by Yang Qi (https://www.artstation.com/artist/yangqi917). Once I get Medium working again and get a better hold on the tools - I'll get some of my own stuff going :smile: