New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Comments

• FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    @Fistful_of_Colors welcome! Great first model, can't wait to see some more!

Just a little note that your photos are slightly too dark on my monitor :)
  • P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,715 Valuable Player
    Great start! 
    @Fuzzydragon I love it, reminds me of something out of Zelda with the funny moon face.
  • bobduffy5bobduffy5 Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Big jawed Martian hunter is my first sculpt. Impressed with Medium. Using on my HTC Vive via Revive

@bobduffy5 great first sculpt! Looking forward to seeing your next ones :)
  • madamluckmadamluck Posts: 141
    Art3mis
    Found diffuse slider which makes surface look more 'fleshy'

Couple of hours on this orc head, slowly getting used to this!

I watched your entire YouTube video on this... I'm in awe of your talent!! You make it look so easy and after watching your video I felt like I can do this! But that was short lived when I got into medium lol just want you to know your amazing! 
  • Sajan666Sajan666 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Considering how artistically retarded I am - I'm proud of myself anyway.
    This is first miniature made by myself for my board game I am developing. THANK YOU OCULUS and Medium! Without this software and hardware it wouldn't be possible or I would spend tons of money and time for 3d sculpting courses.

• Sterling77Sterling77 Posts: 514
    Neo
    edited July 2017
    @slipgatecentral hey man are you smashing out some cool shit in medium now we have the summer of Move :) - man I swear you were one on the reasons i started 3D in Maya after seeing your Dominance War 4 Nox in 2009 :) 
    ..oh and your set driven keys are dope ! 
  • BingkoBingko Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    I swear I was starting to sculpt an octopus when this Pokemon just took shape. It just couldn't be helped! In all seriousness though, this took a couple of hours of just pure play without really even consulting tutorials. Just jumping into the deep end of the Medium pool is good fun, just like this rapscallion getting her feet muddy. I'm going to really work on getting some nice looking eyes on my next sculpt.
  • MattHickmanMattHickman Posts: 359 Oculus Staff
    I used Medium for the first time yesterday, carved out the face from the clayball.

Ooh, really like the carve out idea. Don't think we've seen anyone do like a full on, chipped from a block of marble style sculpt. 
  • Sterling77Sterling77 Posts: 514
    Neo
    I used Medium for the first time yesterday, carved out the face from the clayball.

Ooh, really like the carve out idea. Don't think we've seen anyone do like a full on, chipped from a block of marble style sculpt. 
    Dammit @MattHickman that was my next challenge idea - it's called FROM STONE :) 
    one block size we can all share at a smooth resolution and the challenge is to chip out a sculpt without using any other tools but negative brushes. 
  • MattHickmanMattHickman Posts: 359 Oculus Staff

Dammit @MattHickman that was my next challenge idea - it's called FROM STONE :) 
    Dude, that will be so rad. Can't wait! 
  • Sajan666Sajan666 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Not my first but so far most time consuming one. Now worst part - painting...
  • ShuflieShuflie Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    First thing I've made. Its just a random green alien based on my memory of a Ferengi but obviously green instead of red. Published it to the medium models library if anyone want to play around with it.
  • ChrisunChrisun Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Made this angry thing from the Caterpillar tutorial 
    amazing work @kenfairclough ! You should start your own sketchbook  B)
  • stephenguzmanstephenguzman Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    INTRODUCINGGGGGGGGGGGGG............MOTHICAAAAAA. :)

• P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,715 Valuable Player
    @zormone goddamn awesome! Welcome to the party! You going to detail or paint him?