New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Comments

• Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 2,433 Valuable Player
    Darn you guys and your talent.  :neutral:
     LOL!!!!
  • P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,715 Valuable Player
    @anthonyr87 "surprisingly quick to learn" was exactly how I found it. Easy to pick up but surprisingly powerful with a lot of hidden depths to most of the tools. Looks like you're off to a flying start. Welcome to the party!
  • AstraliteAstralite Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    im really shocked at how natural this feels. i held off on trying it because i expected a learning curve like blender but this is surprisingly quick to learn. 
    A to deselect everything, B for bounding box, select some points, G to grab, now X to just move on X axis, A to deselect everything, B...G...oops...undo...B, G, Y...A, B, G, A, B, G....I'm using mirror, why are there faces missing on the other side? They seem like they should be fine. Uggh. Put Blender away to try again later.

Open Medium. Look, I made a bear. He's eating a robot.
  • MattHickmanMattHickman Posts: 359 Oculus Staff
    I just got Oculus when they did the temporary price drop and I am so satisfied! I instantly went for the art programs! It’s amazing how intuitive Medium is and how fast it was to pick up on it with little instruction. Looking forward to mastering it, as well as Quill!
    Awesome. Thanks for posting, there are some great, super supportive artists in this forum,I hope you stick around and make your own sketchbook!
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    Great to see lots of new people posting here again, keep them coming!!! 

Remember to create your own sketchbooks here on the forum too :)
  • hollidayxrhollidayxr Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    edited October 2017
    my first sculp was very weird as you can see... I hadn't modeled anything in over a decade because it was too tedious and boring... But not in Medium! I am having fun
  • hollidayxrhollidayxr Posts: 7
    NerveGear

Outstanding! 
    That's so awesome, great job!
  • CurtisDuraneCurtisDurane Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Dude! Nicely done.
    Mate, that paintjob is off the charts! Like seriously. How? :o
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 6,213 Volunteer Moderator
    P3nT4gR4m said:
    Mate, that paintjob is off the charts! Like seriously. How? :o

I think I enjoy the painting even more than the sculpting, maybe because there are no restrictions and it doesn't need any learning. But the levels really have to be res'd up to get the detail and to avoid fluffy edges to the stripes for instance. Thin flat objects like the holly had to go way up, otherwise you're painting both surfaces at once. Would love a selection of spray heads & brushes.

I can see an additional 16GB of memory is definitely on the cards. Curious as to how Medium copes with super high resolution levels and the kind of complex sculpts that you guys are doing. I'm a bit in awe of the things I'm seeing here tbh, particularly the head sculpts and some of the creatures, wow.

I'm a year behind you guys, I got a bit frustrated with Medium a year ago & didn't try it again until recently... there's something massively different, the move tool wasn't there at the start was it? and reference photos, mmmm!

Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.508)
    edited December 2017
    Yeah, mate, there's been some massive changes over the last year, move tool and refs are awesome plus the export options have been mega built out. Decimation uv unwrap and normal bakes are now tooling.

If you're only on 16gig then yeah you're pretty limited in terms for what you can do. I went up to 32 earlier on for exactly this reason and it makes a hell of a difference. When you factor in system allocation you're actually getting a lot more than double the number of voxels for your money. Another cool feature they added is you can now downres your layers which I often do with my eyes, once I'm done painting them.

@DaftnDirect Second that amazing paint job!!!! The material settings are all spot on too, you've got some true talents there!
    @Isabella.Omohundro Damn, that's a bummer to hear the rift is giving you headaches. Fingers crossed that goes away soon. Awesome cute sculpt. That expression is priceless!

• neueneue Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Nice work Isabella, make sure your headset is positioned correctly (vertically and the horizontal slider) I've heard that can cause headaches. I usually look at the Dash menu text when putting it on to figure out the best position.