Post Your First Medium Sculpts! - Page 26 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

1202122232426»

Comments

• DreamShaperDreamShaper Posts: 724
    3Jane
    Oh ya, it's definitely addictive.  I am quite interested to see the direction your work is going to take.
    Thank you, your stuff is amazing.
    Thanks!
  • RudalplRudalpl Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    Well, I know it's not very creative but you asked for the first one. :D    :D
  • TezdeeTezdee Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited February 1
    First time sculpting anything, VR or otherwise.  Made an ant with a stinger.  It was so much fun!
    Sorry for the double post, not sure why it happened or how to delete it.
  • TezdeeTezdee Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited February 1
    Mistakenly doubleposted.  Not sure how to delete.
    3Jane
    @Surroundi

You can change the skybox by clicking on "World" in the scene graph (at top).  This will allow you to get rid of the clouds and add black, grey, a greenscreen, or any other uniform background you choose.  Also can put a background image in by inserting a photo behind your sculpt, if you choose.  They still have a border on it, so this technique is of somewhat limited  use, but works for some scenes. 

To rotate a mesh, select it in the scene graph, and hit "manip" (one of the selections on your left hand palette, if using default settings).  When you do that the palette will expand and one of the icons is rotate.  The tool is pretty self explanatory in how it works, once you find it.

• MasterDisasterXMasterDisasterX Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Wow, I have to say this program was beyond expectation!
    This was my first creation ever, made this evening, spent about four hours and a couple of beers.
    I have no experience whatsoever with computer 3D modelling, amazing, can't wait to create more, but my head needs a rest from VR for now :) I bet there's loads of flaws etc. in relation to actual usefull 3D modelling, but it's a great start I believe!
  • CrimsonCatalystCrimsonCatalyst Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Surroundi said:
    Enjoying the new features of medium. First time trying to do painting on the model also. Only minus I dont know how to rotate the clay mesh :/ Also I wish there would be a way to change the sky box to something else. And a quick way to make a render room for quick screen shots

I think it might be easiest to pose your creation in front of an imported picture.
  • jessicazetajessicazeta Posts: 227 Oculus Staff
    @Surroundi, To rotate your mesh I'd also suggest selecting your Sculpt > selecting manipulation on your support hand > Rotating the sculpt via the circular handles 
  • RaptureReaperRaptureReaper Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    edited June 1
    Delete Me, As I can't.
    NerveGear
    edited May 21
    Sorry for the multiple posts... didn't see any updates...
    NerveGear
    edited June 1
    Yup, delete me as well, in fact, everything apart from my latest comment with the photo and link
    NerveGear
    edited May 22
    Happy
    NerveGear
    edited June 1
    25+ hour sculpt, first ever. Details done in zbrush, further painting as well, and rendered as turntable. Enjoy !https://twitter.com/RaptureReaper/status/1134859127417692161

NerveGear
    edited June 1
    How do we delete comments ? I have a few redundant ones further up.
  • idk31idk31 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Here is my first sculpt. It seems I did not make it perfectly level. How do I fix that? I can't seem to rotate the layers independent of the world axis. See the Sketchfab model here: https://skfb.ly/6KZTL  
    3Jane
    edited June 9
    idk31 said:
    Here is my first sculpt. It seems I did not make it perfectly level. How do I fix that? I can't seem to rotate the layers independent of the world axis. See the Sketchfab model here: https://skfb.ly/6KZTL  
    Pleasant.  Nice shapes.  Good first sculpt

To rotate layers you need to select mirror in the scene graph.  Hit settings and change the "constrain" toggle. 
    It's there to prevent accidental mirror/sculpt/lathe alignment movement.   Default is on, because a  lot of people use mirror mode for symmetry.
  • ShrikeyShrikey Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    imagepngimagepngimagepng

My first stab at a medium sculpt. Crazy how intuitive this program is, especially compared with other 3d software. 
  • SedgrSedgr Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Had Medium for about a week now. Done a few practice models. No previous model experience really.

3Jane
    Sedgr said:
    Had Medium for about a week now. Done a few practice models. No previous model experience really.

This guy is pretty cool!  Welcome aboard!
  • P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,701 Valuable Player
    Welcome to the party!
  • BLincBLinc Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited July 19
    First time ever sculpting anything ( including digital, irl, vr) gotta say this is how 3d was meant to be done.

Sculpted and painted in Medium, Rendered in Blender 2.8 using cycles