Post Your First Medium Sculpts! - Page 6 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Comments

• ker2xker2x Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited December 2016
    I did the materials by using different layers in Medium, and then exporting and cleaning the OBJ mesh a bit. It already exports one mesh per layer, so it's easy to assign separate materials. But I couldn't get the vertex color, so I finally did similar shaders and lighting in Blender using Cycles.

Thx for the explanation. Could you please create a new post and explain it again in details ? 
    Cycle is amazing <3

EDIT : Ho well, i just tried and it's super easy :blush:
  • ker2xker2x Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    My first blender cycle rendering of my 1st medium work, both WIP. the lightning need some works but so does the the sculpture

• P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,701 Valuable Player
    Really good to see Cycles renders of Medium sculpts. Reassuring. My end goal is Unreal Engine but if I can get it into blender then the job's done!

Moar zombies. Well bits of zombies anyway. Started as anatomy practice so no cheaty stamping. Hands and arms are a bit new to me and, well, I ended up with this dismembered arm and then there was some green paint and one thing led to another...  :*

Dawn.jpg 187.1K
  • BigBevoBigBevo Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Amazing work everyone...can't wait to get my touch!
  • IsItVRIsItVR Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    BigBevo said:
    Amazing work everyone...can't wait to get my touch!
    Wed for me.
  • drewarddreward Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Pity me for I have no artistic skill so the fact I could produce this in a short period of time is awe inspiring amazing software. I am now going to try to print him out!
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    edited December 2016
    Man Im loving these renders in blender! I might have to try a Maya render! ::)

Texturing seems like it might be a problem since i imagine the UV maps are horrible? maybe i'll have to try a robot too!

Edit: holy shit I just exported the rock sculpt and it was 1.4GB with 10mil verts :open_mouth:
    FrozenPea said:

Texturing seems like it might be a problem since i imagine the UV maps are horrible?

D'ya think baking would work? I was going to try this for normals anyway. Not sure if mental Medium mesh would crash blender tho. Anyone tried it?
    Okay so I just tried and it worked. I imported into Meshlabs, saved it out as collada (as per Naomi's instructions in the Maya thread. 

Next I imported into blender, duped the mesh and ran a remesh modifier (in leau of proper retopology). Next I did a quick and dirty auto uv unwrap then baked the albedo onto that. Here's how it looks in Unreal.

Of course where the hell am I going to find the time to retopo, given that I'm currently spending EVERY WAKING MINUTE IN MEDIUM!!!

• TrancerSpaceyTrancerSpacey Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    P3nT4gR4m said:
    Say hello to my new best friend - the line tool.

Line tool? Please can you tell me, where I can find it?
  • KevinLongtimeKevinLongtime Posts: 283
    Nexus 6
    P3nT4gR4m said:
    Say hello to my new best friend - the line tool.

Line tool? Please can you tell me, where I can find it?
    Click the gear on your sculpting hand and under "contraints" you'll see something that says "line". If my memory serves me right.
    @vr_human nice!! what did you render that with? :)
  • Paul_BlythePaul_Blythe Posts: 326
    Trinity
    The sculpts are just getting more awesome, think we're well beyond first sculpt now... currently green with envy at everyone who's able to render outside of Medium. Got the tools but not the skills  :(
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel i5 7600K 4.7GHz | Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P | 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 |128GB M.2 NVMe SSD primery | 2TB HDD secondary | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX1070 | 32" 3840x2160 - monitor 1 | 34" 3440x1440 - monitor 2 | OR CV-1
  • RunzWivScissorzRunzWivScissorz Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    really enjoying this new tool!!! first attempt at sculpting :)

WIP...

Giving the impression that something is hairy, with out actually being able to draw hair, is hard! One of those quandaries of how much detail is enough. 

I think I might have cracked it
    @Skreed Nice! Reminds me of the moon in Zelda! :smiley:

you can find your photos in 'My Documents' folder under Medium :)
  • SkreedSkreed Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Thank you FrozenPea, I was pulling my hair out trying to find where my pictures were going!