cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guardian getting in the way when i don't need it

Greyman
Superstar
I have just tried to play DCS world for the first time since i installed my Touch controllers and i cannot get rid of the blue grid guardian boundaries that i don't really need when i'm sat at my desk using a HOTAS.

It's a good idea when you are using the Touch, but is there any way of turning the blue grid off, so that it doesn't constantly get in the way, when i don't need it?
5 REPLIES 5

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are constantly getting the grid, it may mean you didn't configure your space properly, and need to run the setup again. That said, if you have a small space to work with, this may not help. However, you can just disable the grid if you don't want to see it. Press the Xbox/Oculus button and choose Guardian Options -> Disable Grid from the Universal Menu.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Greyman
Superstar
Thanks for the rapid and helpful reply @cybereality.

I do have a very small play area and although it's a bit of a pain, having it displayed all of the time, even in Touch games, is noticeable.  I either just need to buy a bigger house or kick my son out.  Should i start a vote?  He reads this forum, so it might be worth a laugh.  😉

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Got a solution for you, rent some storage space, make it into a man cave, sorted 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Greyman
Superstar
Well, i might need to find another place to live when the wife finds out that i've just ordered another piece of kit.  It might be something you are interested in @techy111.  It's the new Super Warthog stand from Wheel Stand Pro.  I will be able to mount my TM Warthog HOTAS and Crosswind pedals to it.

cybereality
Grand Champion
*Bigger House Not Included.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV