Roomscale setup 11' x 9' Ignore Oculus Sensor setup: for the most part — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Roomscale setup 11' x 9' Ignore Oculus Sensor setup: for the most part

MaxxgoldMaxxgold Posts: 351
Trinity
My initial setup plans before Oculus Touch Arrived.
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/45333/early-room-scale-setup-3-sensors

I haven't received the 3rd sensor yet so my setup is just with the 2 front facing sensors.

I started with the sensor setup, and right away It was giving me the red triangles for the spacing on my sensors. I have them about 7' away from each-other. Since I used the adjustable camera bases, I moved the sensors in to about 6'. Oculus setup liked this configuration and gave me the all green for setup.  The only problem is, that after doing this setup with my sensors moved into 6', I couldn't get Guardian to give me more than a 6' x 6' play space. I have 11' x 9', and I want to get as much of a play-space as I can. 

So, I moved my sensors back to where I measured them to start with, about 7' apart in the front. I couldn't get the Oculus Setup to give me the all-green, so I just skipped to the next step. On the Guardian setup, with my sensors setup correctly at 7' apart and hanging down from the ceiling, I could easily get the 11' x 9' of my entire play-space. 

So, if you are going for room scale, you can ignore the sensor setup for the most part. I did and I managed to get my 11' x 9'. Since I only have 2 sensors right now, I just did the setup while facing forward, but like I said, I managed to get the full 11' x 9'.

I'll post more when I setup the 3rd sensor. 

Comments

• maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,778
    Project 2501
    I am assuming you are using USB extension for your setup Maxx? Can you tell me the brand, I am having issues with 2 Cable matters 6 feet extension, where I get an error on the sensor telling me "Low quality tracking" while using it. No extension it's fine.
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 4770k@4.3, 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
  • kornykidd0kornykidd0 Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    I'm getting the same issue using extension cables. It's very frustrating. 
  • MaxxgoldMaxxgold Posts: 351
    Trinity
    maxpare79 said:
    I am assuming you are using USB extension for your setup Maxx? Can you tell me the brand, I am having issues with 2 Cable matters 6 feet extension, where I get an error on the sensor telling me "Low quality tracking" while using it. No extension it's fine.
    I'm using the same USB extensions as you are. I'm strictly using the Inatek USB card for everything Oculus. When I get the 3rd sensor, I may use a generic 2.0 port as suggested. Try using a powered hub or USB repeater?

I'm using the cable maters HDMI extension as well, and I can't get it to work without a repeater. I was using a powered repeater, but someone on these forums posted that this HDMI non-powered repeater was working, so I bought one, and it works great, and without power.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/302036071594?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITkornykidd0 said:
    I'm getting the same issue using extension cables. It's very frustrating. 
    Are you using on-board USB or the Inatek card?
  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,175
    3Jane
    Weird your 6 foot extension for a sensor acts up I'm using a 15 foot, no issues.
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0179MXKU8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,778
    Project 2501
    edited December 2016
    Yeah that's why I am inquiring about the brand. I am out of idea after trying 2 cables with the same result. I will try to remove some stuff on my USB ports...

Right now I have the following connected:
    Logitech Driving Force GT
    Saitek X-52 Pro
    Razer mouse
    Razer keyboard (taking 2 ports because of the passthrough)
    Razer Firefly mousepad
    Xbone Controller
    Canon Printer
    Rift Sensor #1
    Rift Headset

Mobo is Maximus Hero VI with and I have the Inatek card but I did the opposite, I reserved my mobo for the Rift thinking it was better then the Inatek card.Maybe I was wrong lol.

Weird your 6 foot extension for a sensor acts up I'm using a 15 foot, no issues.
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0179MXKU8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Oh but I see you are using an active extension and not a passive...interesting...
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 4770k@4.3, 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
  • Comic_Book_GuyComic_Book_Guy Posts: 1,175
    3Jane
    Ya, active but don't have to plug it in. 
  • MaxxgoldMaxxgold Posts: 351
    Trinity
    maxpare79 said:
    Yeah that's why I am inquiring about the brand. I am out of idea after trying 2 cables with the same result. I will try to remove some stuff on my USB ports...

Right now I have the following connected:
    Logitech Driving Force GT
    Saitek X-52 Pro
    Razer mouse
    Razer keyboard (taking 2 ports because of the passthrough)
    Razer Firefly mousepad
    Xbone Controller
    Canon Printer
    Rift Sensor #1
    Rift Headset

Mobo is Maximus Hero VI with and I have the Inatek card but I did the opposite, I reserved my mobo for the Rift thinking it was better then the Inatek card.Maybe I was wrong lol.

Oh but I see you are using an active extension and not a passive...interesting...
    Yeah, switch all your rift stuff to your Inatek card. I am actually using the latest fresno logic drivers with my card.