New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Bug using touch controllers. Control locking

Daemon_ImpulseDaemon_Impulse Posts: 12
NerveGear

Sometimes after exiting a game or going to the home menu the right touch control starts vibrating and doesn’t stop unless I take the HMD off, but as soon as I put it on again it starts vibrating again. Also at the same time the system behaves as if the left key in the keyboard was permanently pressed.

I have absolutely no idea if it’s hardware, drivers, Win10 or something else what causes it. Anyone else has seen this problem?

Comments

• UltimoBushidoUltimoBushido Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    It is happening to me too.
  • UltimoBushidoUltimoBushido Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Never mind I fixed it. All you have to do is go to settings, beta, and restart Oculus and it should fix the right hand vibration. It worked for me.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    If this continues to happen, please contact Oculus Support. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • Daemon_ImpulseDaemon_Impulse Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    Never mind I fixed it. All you have to do is go to settings, beta, and restart Oculus and it should fix the right hand vibration. It worked for me.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll try this if it happens again.

Now whenever I'm going to use VR I close as many unnecesary processes and programs as possible and also disable the anti-virus (AVG) and so far it hasn't happened again.
  • lernerclernerc Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem, how can I stop the right touch controller vibrating in oculus home ?
    Re-starting doesn't help
  • ker2xker2x Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    i had this problem once. it was fixed after i reran the sensor position setup.
  • lernerclernerc Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Thanks ker2x, but unfortunately doesn't help. I've written a ticket to Oculus support. Anybody else having the same problem? It's very annoying and draining the battery. Interestingly inside of games everything works fine, but as soon as I open the menu or close to oculus home, the right controller starts continuous vibrating again.
  • DennisDennis Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    edited December 2016
    my mistake
  • MeowthMeowth Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I've been having the same problem. I tried to reboot oculus software and to take out the batteries on the touch controllers to restart them. Nothing helps short of restarting the whole computer. The problem is always in home and stops when i start an app.
  • itooonitooon Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem.
    When going back to Oculus home, the right touch control starts vibrating, and I hear a loud noise from headphones.
    But after launch app, these issues will be gone.
  • minwellminwell Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited December 2016

it works for me. ithx!
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    Does you right trigger make a loud noise by any chance?
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • TwinkacettiTwinkacetti Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I'm having this same issue. I've had them for a day. Tutorials, games all work fine. In the main menu the right controller is buzzing non-stop and both hands are flickering in and out.  I've tried restarting, re-doing the full setup multiple times, re-seated all USB connections, changed connections, uninistalled all Oculus software and started completely over. Controllers work fine during the setup, then as soon as you enter the main menu, they both go haywire.  I'm about to return them to the store.
  • malotomaloto Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I'm also having the same problem and have restarted the computer and oculus. Sounds like no one has a fix but the problem seems to randomly fix itself. 
  • RikkaKamiRikkaKami Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited July 2017
    Got same issue right now. Right touch vibration is on all the time when in oculus app, and it act like left or right button would be pushed all the time. Went through oculus calibration and it worked fine till I got back to main app. Restarting software from "beta" panel didnt help.

EDIT: Issue fixed by itself on next day
  • therealshawnhymertherealshawnhymer Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I am having this issue now.  I played for about 2 hours on several games, everything was fine.  Put the headset down and got something to drink, and now every time I put the headset on, the right controller constantly buzzes in home, and i cant use the buttons.  Most games actually work fine, aside from Minecraft VR, which constantly spins in a circle.  I can get it to stop by holding left on the right hand touch control stick, so what I think is that it assumes I am always pushing left on that stick.  Several reboots, starting with the config like new several times, and trying the beta reboot have not fixed the issue.

Anyone else still having this issue?
  • therealshawnhymertherealshawnhymer Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Alrighty, so my problem is pretty silly.  I did not realize that there was an xbox 360 controller plugged into my computer, and it was on the floor, against the wall, and the right stick was jammed to the side.  This was causing my right rift controller to vibrate and beep constantly.   maybe that will help someone else.
  • m3gatronm3gatron Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Devs, Can you work on making a fix. It seems to be an issue with Xbox 360 controllers can Bug out the right oculus touch controllers. =
  • crossmrcrossmr Posts: 21
    Brain Burst
    Just want to say that I also have this issue. Got the oculus yesterday. Tried out a game with the gamepad. Went to play with the controllers later, and suddenly it was beeping and the right touch was going crazy. If they come together they should work together.
  • AlexisCAlexisC Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Thanks for the lead m3gatron. I disconnected the XBOX Controller THEN restarted the Oculus software and it solved the problem. So it seems to be indeed an issue/conflict with the XBOX360 controller.
  • we_CGArchwe_CGArch Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    ITS YOUR XBOX CONTROLLER. 100%. Ive gone crazy with this issue, TIDY YOUR ROOM (mine is not) look for your controller and lift it up!!! 
  • jlasacjlasac Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    For some people, disconnecting the XBOX controller which was plugged in at the same time as the Touch controllers works. 

I have the same issue everyone is describing with their right-hand Touch devices, and I don't have an XBOX controller.

I have tried:
    • switching the batteries out with the batteries in the left-hand Touch
    • replacing the batteries with fully-charged ones
    • closing out all other Windows 10 processes (Chrome, Explorer, etc.)
    • restarting the Oculus app
    • restarting the computer
    • "forgetting" and re-pairing the Touch devices
    • doing a full setup (Devices > Touch > Full Setup) 
    • recalibrating sensors
    • anything else I missed?

• Zephyrian12Zephyrian12 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Im having the same issue, but its my left touch controller, and its only happening when i play games from the steam app, i stream Vr and it annoyes me to the point where ive actually stopped using my oculus and have concidered taking the motor out. i tried everything restart pc, restart oculus, reset everything, including steam its annoying.