Daemon_Impulse
Explorer

Sometimes after exiting a game or going to the home menu the
right touch control starts vibrating and doesn’t stop unless I take the HMD
off, but as soon as I put it on again it starts vibrating again. Also at the
same time the system behaves as if the left key in the keyboard was permanently
pressed.

I have absolutely no idea if it’s hardware, drivers, Win10 or something else
what causes it. Anyone else has seen this problem?

23 REPLIES 23

UltimoBushido
Honored Guest
It is happening to me too.

UltimoBushido
Honored Guest
Never mind I fixed it. All you have to do is go to settings, beta, and restart Oculus and it should fix the right hand vibration. It worked for me.

cybereality
Grand Champion
If this continues to happen, please contact Oculus Support. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Daemon_Impulse
Explorer

Never mind I fixed it. All you have to do is go to settings, beta, and restart Oculus and it should fix the right hand vibration. It worked for me.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try this if it happens again.

Now whenever I'm going to use VR I close as many unnecesary processes and programs as possible and also disable the anti-virus (AVG) and so far it hasn't happened again.

lernerc
Honored Guest
I have the same problem, how can I stop the right touch controller vibrating in oculus home ?
Re-starting doesn't help

ker2x
Protege
i had this problem once. it was fixed after i reran the sensor position setup.

lernerc
Honored Guest
Thanks ker2x, but unfortunately doesn't help. I've written a ticket to Oculus support. Anybody else having the same problem? It's very annoying and draining the battery. Interestingly inside of games everything works fine, but as soon as I open the menu or close to oculus home, the right controller starts continuous vibrating again.

Dennis
Honored Guest
my mistake

Meowth
Explorer
I've been having the same problem. I tried to reboot oculus software and to take out the batteries on the touch controllers to restart them. Nothing helps short of restarting the whole computer. The problem is always in home and stops when i start an app.