Minecraft Windows 10 Edition without Oculus Touch support. — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition without Oculus Touch support.

kclin16kclin16 Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited December 2016 in Support
I've looked all over the Internet, the Minecraft Forum, and this forum, and I have found absolutely nothing about this issue. Mojang developed the Oculus Minecraft app, but maybe this community knows something I don't.

I can play Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta with the Rift and the Xbox controller just fine. And, I can confirm that launching the Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta app in Windows shows Oculus Touch controller settings on the settings screen. However, when running the Minecraft app from within Oculus Home, I cannot use the motion tracking of the Touch controllers, and Touch controller settings do not appear on the settings screen. The Minecraft version says "v0.16.2" on both instances. I uninstalled both the Minecraft app and the Oculus Minecraft launcher app, reinstalled the Oculus app (using Touch controllers), and let that download the Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta app for me. Still no Touch settings or position tracking in Oculus Home, and I can still see the settings when starting from Windows. I dug around the file system and found the executable for the Oculus Minecraft app. It's basically a launcher from what I can tell that launches the Windows app. I've searched the rest of my computer and only found one installation of the Windows Minecraft app. So, how is this possible?

Comments

• msm903msm903 Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    Same issue here, No touch support in the VR version :(
  • msm903msm903 Posts: 92
    Hiro Protagonist
    Is there no one else that uses Minecraft and the touch?
  • Superman217Superman217 Posts: 140
    Art3mis
    I've tried as well and in VR you don't see touch under settings.  I was sooooo looking forward to it.  It was there before.
    Ryzen 7 1700 | MSI Tomahawk B350 | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 RGB | nVidia GTX 1070 Founders Edition
  • jackblastojackblasto Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    I might be wrong but I have a feeling that "touch" in the PC version is a different device than oculus touch. They might be referring to a touch screen??? Again, Im not certain about this but its a thought. I too WANT oculus touch support but wonder the reasoning for this
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,235 Volunteer Moderator
    I might be wrong but I have a feeling that "touch" in the PC version is a different device than oculus touch. They might be referring to a touch screen??? Again, Im not certain about this but its a thought. I too WANT oculus touch support but wonder the reasoning for this
    Yep, Win 10 Minecraft's Touch controls are referring to touch screens, such as playing on a Surface Pro tablet.
    http://www.windowscentral.com/four-big-differences-between-minecraft-windows-10-edition-beta-and-java-minecraft

• shim2shim2 Posts: 480
    Nexus 6
    I could have sworn I seen a video of Minecraft being used with Touch controllers a while back.
  • ChazmeisterChazmeister Posts: 534
    Neo
    Yeah I tried this the other night wondering if they'd put Touch support in yet.

Could you imagine what a 1-1 swing ratio with the axes would be like? Just making a simple log cabin would be a hell of a work out and take you half a day.
  • Gravity1368Gravity1368 Posts: 17
    NerveGear
  • Superman217Superman217 Posts: 140
    Art3mis
    Sweet

Ryzen 7 1700 | MSI Tomahawk B350 | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 RGB | nVidia GTX 1070 Founders Edition