SUPERHOT VR is Absolutely Super Hot on the Oculus Rift With Touch! — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

SUPERHOT VR is Absolutely Super Hot on the Oculus Rift With Touch!

vrgamerdudevrgamerdude Posts: 295
Nexus 6

So after reading many posts declaring SUPERHOT as one of the best Oculus Touch launch titles I decided to jump in and take a look for myself and man I'm glad I did. This game is freakin great! The unique game mechanic of having time only move when I do was fresh and made the strategy of this game tremendously satisfying! If you have a Rift and have recently been fortunate enough to add the Touch controllers to it then I highly recommend giving this one a look!
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"

Comments

• SadGamerDadSadGamerDad Posts: 327
    Trinity

Agreed, I tried it last night not knowing anything about the game and loved it. Two thumbs way up!

• CharlieHobbesCharlieHobbes Posts: 555
    Neo
    I've renamed this game Combat Yoga as I keep ending up in frozen in these strange poses. 
    I bet it's a decent core workout.
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    edited December 2016
    Did you know you can stop bullets with knife and guns? found out yesterday, love the game so far but man sometimes is haaard. If you look directly to the piramide will change level, dont need to wait when all guys are dead.
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
  • Jamesparker_1Jamesparker_1 Posts: 110
    Art3mis
    EliteSPA said:
    Did you know you can stop bullets with knife and guns? found out yesterday, love the game so far but man sometimes is haaard. If you look directly to the piramide will change level, dont need to wait when all guys are dead.

I didnt realise that!
  • EbonyknightEbonyknight Posts: 111
    Art3mis
    EliteSPA said:
    Spoiler alert......

There is a level where you can use a frying pan to continually block bullets.  Fun game.

• halfsnakehalfsnake Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    You can also throw weapons to the next area.
    Art3mis
    halfsnake said:
    Really?  How.  I throw my weapons John Woo style and they never appear on the next screen.  The one time I tried it shattered on the next screen.
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    halfsnake said:
    Here you go: https://gfycat.com/PowerfulShadowyFowl
  • halfsnakehalfsnake Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Ye some places it works some it don't. If you know where you are going next keep trying and it will happen. 
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,988
    3Jane
    i am tempted to get this by offput bu the horrible graphics 
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
  • LitespeedLitespeed Posts: 313
    Trinity
    The game really should save after every area. I hate having to replay the last 3 areas if I die in the 4th. That's extremely annoying.
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,802 Valuable Player
    edited December 2016
    danknugz said:
    I shall now quote scripture from the holy book.  "And the lord doth declare that a game with sound gameplay shalt stand the tests of time even if not so beautiful , but one which lives on eyecandy alone is soon exposed once aged and no longer cutting edge.  Open your hearts and accept that which is true, through Jesus Christ, our lord  amen".
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    3Jane
    thanks be to god
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,757 Valuable Player
    halfsnake said:
    Did not know that!!
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,757 Valuable Player
    danknugz said:
    @danknugz  The game looks amazing when you're in the Rift!
  • WheatabitsWheatabits Posts: 148
    Art3mis
    How long would you guys say this game is?  How many hours can I expect to put into it?  I am looking to buy one single player, campaign driven game that I can play for a long time.  Is this the one?
    Art3mis
    How long would you guys say this game is?  How many hours can I expect to put into it?  I am looking to buy one single player, campaign driven game that I can play for a long time.  Is this the one?
    I've put in six hours so far and I am not done.  Plus I understand a new "mode" unlocks when you finish the game.  Can't remember what it does.  Also, the devs on steam are talking about a procedurally generated random campaign, in the future.
  • ApplecorpApplecorp Posts: 741
    3Jane
    edited December 2016
    Anyone beaten the game, how long did it take?

Edit: What Wheatabits said.
    Art3mis
    Applecorp said:
    Anyone beaten the game, how long did it take?

Edit: What Wheatabits said.
    Now that question is quite relative as the game only moves when you do.  What takes one person 3 minutes to finish, might take a more detail oriented person (or a yoga master) 10 minutes to finish....
  • brantlewbrantlew Posts: 540 Oculus Staff
    edited December 2016
    You can probably finish the game in 2 or 3 hours.  But it is extremely replayable.  Finishing the game allows you to go back and replay any of the levels and it is super fun to try and improve your timing and the novelty/elegance of your kills.  I've probably put 6 additional hours into it after finishing it because the mechanics of getting efficient kills is so satisfying.  Once you can operate a level in real-time you feel like a freakin' superhero.

However, I would pay good money for an expansion pack of new levels for sure.

Edit:  Oh and the graphics are so inconsequential to the gameplay.  I honestly love it.  It's such a pure expression of game mechanic - cake instead of icing.  I am so happy the developer was not tempted toward realism.
  • vrgamerdudevrgamerdude Posts: 295
    Nexus 6
    brantlew said:
    You can probably finish the game in 2 or 3 hours.  But it is extremely replayable.  Finishing the game allows you to go back and replay any of the levels and it is super fun to try and improve your timing and the novelty/elegance of your kills.  I've probably put 6 additional hours into it after finishing it because the mechanics of getting efficient kills is so satisfying.  Once you can operate a level in real-time you feel like a freakin' superhero.

However, I would pay good money for an expansion pack of new levels for sure.

Edit:  Oh and the graphics are so inconsequential to the gameplay.  I honestly love it.  It's such a pure expression of game mechanic - cake instead of icing.  I am so happy the developer was not tempted toward realism.
    I absolutely agree 100% █-)
    "I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"
  • jonjon Posts: 297
    Nexus 6
    Superhot is the game that most exceeded my expectations.
    I came in put off by the graphics, but left very impressed by the gameplay.

Dead and Buried (high coming in, left impressed)
    Fruit Ninja VR (low coming in, left satisfied)
    Space Pirate Trainer (mid coming in, left underwhelmed)
    Superhot VR (low coming in, left very impressed)
    The Unspoken (mid coming in, left very impressed)

3Jane
    graphics remind me of this game

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,465 Volunteer Moderator
    SuperHot is so good, I've been playing it all evening! I wanted to get a taste of all my new Touch titles, but I haven't been able to stop playing this one!

Now that I've taken a break, I realize that my back and legs are killing me, and I'm going to be really sore tomorrow. I'll have to take it easier and spend some time with Medium, I guess.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • SadGamerDadSadGamerDad Posts: 327
    Trinity
    I finished super hot this evening. Wow, got a little aerobic workout in with all the contorting crawling around and stuff. My wife secretly video'ed me looking like a tool but I have no shame so.. ha ha..
  • GreymanGreyman Posts: 1,309
    Wintermute
    We really need to see a link to that video. ;)
  • MrPark94MrPark94 Posts: 144
    Hiro Protagonist
    i have spemt my first hour with it.. loved it.. but are there any graphic settings in the game?
    and i also see lines in my guns etc.. is that normal?
  • phillyd023phillyd023 Posts: 147
    Art3mis
    can I play it with a small play space? when I tried to buy ir it said "best" played in a 5 x 7 feet area.
  • jonjon Posts: 297
    Nexus 6
    can I play it with a small play space? when I tried to buy ir it said "best" played in a 5 x 7 feet area.
    Superhot is pretty good at keeping you facing forward, but I suspect the guardian system will be a bit obtrusive if your play space isn't sufficiently large to cover your full wingspan front and back without going off.
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,849 Valuable Player
    nalex66 said:
    SuperHot is so good, I've been playing it all evening! I wanted to get a taste of all my new Touch titles, but I haven't been able to stop playing this one!

Now that I've taken a break, I realize that my back and legs are killing me, and I'm going to be really sore tomorrow. I'll have to take it easier and spend some time with Medium, I guess.
    This friday I clocked what must've been 4-5 hours in a mix of Superhot, D&B and Arizona Sunshine. My calfs and thighs are still sore :smile:

Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill DDR4 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB+850PRO 256GB+850EVO 500GB+970EVO 1TB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor