cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does it take to get a rift RMA'd?

Quektis
Honored Guest

I sent my Rift back on the 28th november, it was delivered on the 30th, it's now the 8th and a new one hasn't been sent yet.

First the guy told me it usually takes 1-3 days from the moment they receive it, then another person from Oculus told I would receive it within 13 days of sending it and now I am being told that if the tracking details haven't been updated by monday I should contact them then.

I'm going nuts just staring at my brand new touch controllers without being able to use them. It seems like it's taking too long and I'm worried that there's some kind of problem. But then I'm thinking maybe I'm just over-reacting and being a bit of a VR crackhead.

How long should this process take? am I likely to have a replacement anytime soon?

5 REPLIES 5

cybereality
Grand Champion
Usually it should only take a few days once it gets to the warehouse, as they need to check the unit and verify the defect. Depending on the situation, it could take longer, but this really varies case-by-case. It may be best to continue to work with Oculus Support as they should be able to assist. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Quektis
Honored Guest
Thanks for the prompt reply. I have been in touch with Oculus and they told me to wait until monday before getting in touch again, if I still haven't had any updates. So I guess all I can do is wait.

Quektis
Honored Guest
20 days now and still nothing. Oculus support haven't responded to my last message that I sent over two days ago.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry for the delay. I see your ticket, and it was being investigated as of yesterday. You'll likely get a response soon. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Quektis
Honored Guest
I appreciate you looking into it for me. Thanks