I've been playing Dead and Buried on and off since Monday and I have a few feature requests and UX gripes:
1) Please add the ability to friend people after a match ends or while waiting for one to start. I have met a few cool people already, and my only way of friend requesting is to remember their name and type it into Oculus Home on my monitor later.
2) Please consider adding a singular Quick Join button on the multiplayer mode selection screen that will put you in ANY server with more than 1 person. I have seen countless multiplayer games over the past 20 years release with too many mode choices, and those modes are DOA either because users are overwhelmed or UI placement.. In my opinion the best way this is handled is A) rotate available game modes/maps each month or
add a universal Quick Join feature.
3) Please do not automatically randomize gametype when a match ends, this is by far the most frustrating thing to playing online this week. People really want to play Shootout, and more times than not the 2nd match is randomized to Horde mode. This should not happen, the gametype should only be changed if the users want it to be.
4) Please replace gamemode randomization and map randomization with a voting system where users can pull gun and shoot what they want to play, OR vote for a Randomize option. Having 1 person act as Leader and handle mode/map selection via lone Randomize button is very year 2000, and not ideal. See Blazerush or popular PC FPS games that feature map/mode selection (Insurgency is a great example)
5) This could just be personal issues, but I find both the shotgun and grenade launcher confusing to reload. I'm trying to snap my wrist back and forth like how the reload animation suggests, but it's not as solid as reloading the standard revolver.
6) Shootout - Bank map has very poor spawn points compared to other maps. Spawning on roof across the street from Bank is basically guaranteed victory if you can avoid gunfire. Two times now I have spawned up there, and just lay waste to anyone that spawns in the bank, instantly.
7) Please lengthen dynamite fuse (slow burn rate) to allow for opponents to pick up the dynamite and throw it back. From size of maps there is little or no time for someone to defend against this.
8) The grenade launcher is very over powered in my opinion. Like point 7, please add timer to explosion and allow someone to pick up the shell and throw it.
9) Horde mode, I may be.....slow.... but I can not figure out an effective way to grab cards at the end of a round to buy a new gun or upgrade. The highlighting seems "off" and I've only managed to successfully do it 2 out of maybe 20 waves I've played. Please add instructions
10) Lastly I have something weird going on with controller tracking. This may not have anything to do with Gunfire or Dead and Buried, but I want to bring it up here. After about 30-60 min of playing I start to notice that both hand tracking will get out of wack. When standing still on a menu screen, I can see both hands start to move outwards (i'm not moving) and then snap back to the correct position. Sometimes the hands will slightly swirl. The good news is that I've been playing Dead and Buried more than all other launch titles, the bad news is I've really only noticed this in Dead and Buried.