Okay... first things first : THANK YOU SO MUCH for this software
I can't draw or sculpt because i have shaking hand so i can't do small detail stuff but with Medium i can zoom and do large movement for fine details and now i can do stuff i could never do before
Now, about the good and the bad stuff.
I'll start with bugs :
- Sometimes i have occlusion problem and depending of the zoom level (and possibly direction) some polygons disapears (it's not at the edges so it's not a bounding box issue)
- I think it's mostly with shapes (eg : the head) that were scaled up and resampled (the resolution button) but i have weird dark stripes depending of the light/shadow. It's 100% related to ambient occlusion and it get worse/better if i increase/decrease Ambient occlusion setting
- Sometimes the software just get stuck in the "busy" screen (the 3 walking shape) and i have to kill the software in process manager. I see A LOT of event in the window event journal and it seems to be related, i need to check if it really is next time i have this bug. eg : Heartbeat tick network request failed with error: OVR53225466
- When i paint a thin surface, it paint both side of the surface
- i couldn't share my sculpture clicking on the share button, i got an error message (but i forgot the message, i think it was a timeout)
Feature request (in no particular order) :
- Wireframe view so i can see the resolution of the layer i'm working on.
- Possibiliy to rename a Layer
- Total polygon and RAM/VRAM usage (i have 32GB or RAM and 4GB of VRAM and i intent to abuse it but i need to know what is my current usage and if i can increase the resolution or not)
- Export replay to video !! This is my #1 feature request so i can spread the love about Medium
- An optional different color picker, i don't like the current one. I like working in B&W but it's really difficult to pick shades of grey.
- You can pick and save/load a bunch of colors in Quill, i'd like to see that in medium too.
- The possibility to decrease resolution if it turn out that i increase it too much for my needs.
- more tools of course (i have no idea how to use the swirl tool however)
- The ability to write/import shader (for advanced poweruser, obviously, using a text editor and all the dev stuff). I see a nice README and a bunch of GLSL/GLFX files in the data/shaders directory. Maybe it's already available using some kind of hidden/debug command/console ?
- Can you add a clock in the home menu so i can realize it's already 5AM and i have to wake up at 7 ?
If i had to pick 3 features, in order : video export, wireframe view, color picker.
About the bugs, i don't know. The ambient occlusion problem was a disaster until i found out i could change it in a submenu. So probably the 1st bug in the list is the most annoying, followed by the painting problem.
That's all for now. Please tell me if you need more information about one of the bug/feature i wrote.