cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead and Buried - Issue with reloading?

cero490
Heroic Explorer
A majority of the time this game works great for me and I have an amazing time, however, there occasionally is a problem with reloading and I have found that I am not alone in this. Even when the guns are fully loaded, or even at the very start of a new game, the gun will just not shoot. I can pull the trigger and reload as much as I like but I simply cannot get a single bullet to fire when this happens. Anyone else having this problem or know of a fix?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

HoIIywood
Heroic Explorer
I noticed it more after a match, that firing on things in the menu did nothing. I presume it's similar to the issue where firing at your Invite/Friends menu has no effect. For your issue, I simply restarted the game. For the friend invite issue, I have no work around.

View solution in original post

cero490
Heroic Explorer
@HoIIywood Yes, so far restarting the game seems to be the only thing that fixes the problem I come across from time to time. I have gotten word that it is a bug with D&B itself and is being looked into however. I have also noticed that it seems to occur more often than nought when accepting invites from friends.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Ebonyknight
Expert Protege
I have heard a couple of people complain about this.  Might have happened to me once.  I guess it may be a bug.

HoIIywood
Heroic Explorer
I noticed it more after a match, that firing on things in the menu did nothing. I presume it's similar to the issue where firing at your Invite/Friends menu has no effect. For your issue, I simply restarted the game. For the friend invite issue, I have no work around.

cero490
Heroic Explorer
@HoIIywood Yes, so far restarting the game seems to be the only thing that fixes the problem I come across from time to time. I have gotten word that it is a bug with D&B itself and is being looked into however. I have also noticed that it seems to occur more often than nought when accepting invites from friends.

HoIIywood
Heroic Explorer
I haven't had this to it's full extent though my right gun seems to jam or not fire right away even after reload. I thought maybe I was forgetting to snap it back to finish the reload - though that is not the case.

inovator
Consultant
I have had similar problems.even times when I flicked my wrist the chamber didn't fall to reload position. we need a patch.

cero490
Heroic Explorer
@inovator Word is they're working on one, although unknown ETA since they said they do not know what is exactly causing this yet. They are currently looking into it at the very least, so yay.

JMLCarter
Honored Guest
I bought the widowmaker, but cannot reload it. Restarting the game isn't a fix because I'll loose it.

danknugz
Superstar
a few times this happened to me with the grenade launcher but i figured i just ran out of ammo

love this game, its almost like a disney experience
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

Silent_Knight
Honored Guest
I don't know if this will work for you but I've found if my guns will not fire in a match that going in and out of the menu on the left controller will fix them for that life.  If I die I have to do that again to make them work again.  Besides that my only issue is that my right gun just doesn't want to reload sometimes.  I'll keep flicking it and the chamber won't drop to reload until I do it a few times.  Left gun works fine.