New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Feature Suggestion: Lock a layer

Johnny3DJohnny3D Posts: 21
Brain Burst
Being able to move a layer around is great, but sometimes I find myself accidentally moving one of the layers and then have to re-position the layer later on (example: Teeth in the mouth of my Dragon get moved sometimes). I would like the ability to lock a layer so I don't accidentally move it when working on other things. I'm not even certain how I'm accidentally moving them, but they're definitely moving a little bit occasionally so I assume it is something I'm doing by accident.

I could also see how the ability to lock a layer would be handy at other times as well.

Comments

• P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,650 Valuable Player
    I second this and further the request to include pretty much every layer option you get with photoshop. I find myself missing most of them from time to time, naming, ordering, grouping...

Yeah, I know all devs are having a well earned breather after release crunch but just when you get a minute guys :D

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,142 Valuable Player
    edited December 2016
    Locking would be nice, and I'd love to be able to adjust the transparency of a layer too. I know I can hide a layer if I need to see inside the geometry, but I might also want to see where a layer's surfaces are while working on something that intersects.
    P3nT4gR4m said:
    I second this and further the request to include pretty much every layer option you get with photoshop. I find myself missing most of them from time to time, naming, ordering, grouping...
    This too--naming layers would be handy. I noticed that my layers changed order after saving and reloading, and it messed me up a bit when I chose the wrong layer to go back and edit some geometry. In the end I just got used to selecting layers by clicking on geometry from within the layer menu.

i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery