New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Can we get a pinch/crease tool?

jtelferjtelfer Posts: 109
Art3mis
Having spent far too much time playing with Medium already there's one tool I keep wishing I had - something to sharpen up edges. It's especially needed after a resolution increase. My workaround is to use hard-edged stamps but it's tough to get the exact profile you want and can get messy. Flatten isn't doing it for me because a lot of the time I don't want to remove as much material as I end up losing.

Sculptris has a pretty awesome crease tool (). Would love to see a similar implementation in Medium.

Comments

• P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,662 Valuable Player
    I'd also love to see a pinch/crease tool. In the meantime, I'm using the pointy primitive stamp for creases, and for edges I dollop on a line of extra gloop then carve it out with a custom stamp. The pinch needs smoothed after and the crease is a two step process. Not ideal but it's enough to keep me going. Hopefully santa will leave a pinch/crease tool in my stocking.

(sorry about image quality but I'm at work just now so I'm stuck with MS Paint)
  • fd0024fd0024 Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    +1
  • jtelferjtelfer Posts: 109
    Art3mis
    The pinch needs smoothed after and the crease is a two step process...

And if I'm not careful with that smooth I lose the edge I was trying to create in the first place :smile:

• P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,662 Valuable Player
    You and me both, bro. Glad as hell undo is on that thumbstick.
  • Hellborn59Hellborn59 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited February 21
    MeToo. It's the tool I miss the most. Doing hard surface sculpting without it is almost impossible. But as this post is two years old I do not have much hope that we will get a pinch tool :(