Height glitching up and down — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Height glitching up and down

KevinLongtimeKevinLongtime Posts: 283
Nexus 6
edited December 2016 in Support
Today I've been noticing this weird thing where I'm sitting inside of "I expect you to die" and while im sitting in my chair I get this glitch every once in a while where my height glitches upwards and I have to reset my default orientation to get it back down to normal. After a little while it will do it again. 

Anyone else have this?

Comments

• Callidus80Callidus80 Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    edited December 2016
    I have the same issue as well. I'm sure its only started since I got the second sensor. Here's a video showing the issue at its worst Also new video :

Edit: Updated with Oculus_Log
  • KevinLongtimeKevinLongtime Posts: 283
    Nexus 6
    edited December 2016
    I have the same issue as well. I'm sure its only started since I got the second sensor. Here's a video showing the issue at its worst https://youtu.be/CVElwsze650
    Hey, that looks awfully familiar! Mine wasn't doing it at that rate but perfect example of what it looks like. Thanks. Started with second sensor for me too, only really seem to be noticing it today though when I played something other than medium where im always standing. 

Updated OP with my logs
    Brain Burst
    I've updated my post with my most recent log also. I was loving all the new Touch gear but this has broken my whole experience. I'm reluctant start up any of the new games I've bought just have them ruined by this glitching. :(
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Thanks. We will investigate the issue.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • kentbyekentbye Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    I have also been experiencing this in most of the experiences I've been doing so far. It's pretty nauseating.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Brain Burst
    I'm not sure if it will assist but I have just spent the evening upgrading to a three sensor setup and I'm suffereing the same issue, so have attached new logs.

Also new video :

• elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    i had something similar and it turned out it was because i adjusted one of the sensors after i had run the setup. i would recommend running the setup and making sure the sensors are kept in EXACTLY the same position. i literally adjusted one of mine by a few mil and and my screen was zooming in and out in the same manner yours is popping up and down.
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • gamefan101gamefan101 Posts: 194
    Art3mis
    edited December 2016
    Same issue here.  I used the DeskScene program and turned on the boundary lines to see what was happening. In the desk scene, you can also view from the camera position on the monitor.

It looks like the height of the sensor shifts, and perhaps because of this shift, the camera pitch and roll also changes slightly.  In my case, it stays at the new location until another shift happens a few seconds later. It's as tho the driver is trying to re-calibrate height, pitch and jaw somehow.

Seems to happen randomly, now and then.  I haven't found a position where I can consistently make it happen over and over.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,479 Volunteer Moderator
    elboffor said:
    i had something similar and it turned out it was because i adjusted one of the sensors after i had run the setup. i would recommend running the setup and making sure the sensors are kept in EXACTLY the same position. i literally adjusted one of mine by a few mil and and my screen was zooming in and out in the same manner yours is popping up and down.
    I use a large bulldog clip to secure the base of each sensor to the desk/shelf to make sure they don't move.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • JimmyT1JimmyT1 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    I am also having the same issue.
    Brain Burst
    Who ever is was that recommended Desk Scene thanks!. From my latest video you can see the whole scene jump from an external point of view. Third person view scene jump is at 0:27

Video : 

Really disappointed, I received Oculus Touch a day early and I've spent the last 8 days just trouble shooting.
    @Callidus80 I sent you a PM with something to try. Please give it a shot and let me know. Thanks.
    Nexus 6
    @cybereality Anything I can try?
    @KevinLongtime I just sent you a PM. I'll wait for confirmation that this is working before sending steps to other people. Thanks.
  • Khyber_GTKhyber_GT Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    mine is doing the same thing posted above in that video.  no matter if the cameras or high or low or far apart or close together or diagonal as close as 8ft apart. it does it all the time.
    Brain Burst
    edited December 2016
    @cybereality  Thanks for the suggested action!
     I have carried out the steps to the letter and was successful however the issue persists.

Nexus 6
    @cybereality  Thanks for the suggested action!
     I have carried out the steps to the letter and was successful however the issue persists.

Did you try with or without the faceplate on? I'm about to try in a few minutes.
    Brain Burst
    Without the faceplate @KevinLongtime, I even clamped the cable so that it could not apply pressure to the unit, and sat it on a solid tiled floor.
    Nexus 6
    edited December 2016
    Same for me without faceplate. Getting "cant reach oculus runtime service". Gonna restart if it doesn't go away in a few.
  • gamefan101gamefan101 Posts: 194
    Art3mis
    edited December 2016
    My horizon is off, and I was sent the IMU utility some time ago, but I have held off using it for fear of opening another can of worms.
    Nexus 6
    Didn't work for me either. Still has the height glitching. Ran with HMD faceplate off too.
    @Callidus80 That's unfortunate. We'll have to continue looking into this.

If more people in this thread can share their logs (if you haven't already) it will be really helpful in getting to the bottom of this. Thanks.
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-rift-1-3/p1
    Nexus 6
    Yeah, didn't make mine better or worse. Thanks for looking into it!
  • piraten_fischpiraten_fisch Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Hi

I'm using the rift with a 5m extension, but i have the same problem without the extension.
    The glitching is worse depending on the game that i am playing.
    In Bullet Train and Superhot there was no glitching at all, but in IEYTD there was some,
    in "dont touch anything" it was the worst, to a degree where the game became unplayable.

logs are attached
  • piraten_fischpiraten_fisch Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    well they are attached here ;-)
  • YimboSlyceYimboSlyce Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Here are my logs.  I am experiencing the same issue.
    Brain Burst
    I have been speaking with support, they advised this is very likely a software issue and they are rolling out an update shortly. Behold! I've just noticed my machine has updated Oculus Home. Yesterday it was 1.10.321283 and today its 1.10.2.322199! 

I'm at work for the next 9 hours, would anyone who has had this issue be able to give it another try?
  • SuperTuckSuperTuck Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    Would love to get this update. Why the hell can't we opt in when we are having issues like we are? Rolling it out randomly is absolutely non-sensical in a situation such as this.
    Brain Burst
    Well just got home a bit early and for me at least the fault is exactly the same as it was before..