cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant finish setup, remote doesnt work

Noversii
Sightseer
I've been trying to set this CV1 for about 4 hours. Everything is fine except the remote will not connect. Since the remote can't connect, I can't finish setup, therefore can't use my Rift. I'm stuck on "Continue in your headset" so i put it on and it says "Press any button to continue" but I can't... because my remote doesn't work

I've checked the battery, taken it out, replaced it to no avail.

Extremely frustrated that I spent over $500 on something that doesn't work out of the box.
11 REPLIES 11

diiwin
Honored Guest
try using the xbox controller and press a then pair the remote after on the devices screen after you setup your rift. I couldn't pair my remote either at the initial setup screen and it worked fine setting it up later on.

Noversii
Sightseer
Can someone just provide me with the appdata files so oculus thinks Ive set it up?

cybereality
Grand Champion
It comes with an Xbox controller, and you can use that to proceed. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

ReplayRed
Explorer
I'm having the same issue and pushing xbox controller buttons doesn't let me proceed either. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
I have to ask, you did pull out the plastic strip from the Remote battery, right? If the strip broke off, you may have to slide open the battery cover and make sure everything is connected. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

ReplayRed
Explorer
Yes, I pulled it out. We have tried taking the battery out several times. I was able to pair the remote on my PC but had other issues (got the sensor not detected...my pc has USB issues in general we need to sort out) so we moved the system over to my husbands PC. Everything else works on his PC (no usb issues) except the remote. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
I just tried and I'm sure you can continue by pressing the A button on the Xbox controller.

ReplayRed
Explorer
We have pushed every button on the controller. It's on and paired and according to the setup recognized by the rift. The most frustrating thing is that I can no longer exit or skip the setup. If I could just get to the app I could try pairing the remote from there. We'll try un pairing and repairing the controller tonight and see if that helps but I don't have much hope at this point.

ReplayRed
Explorer
OK! I was able to complete the setup with the xbox controller. It wasnt working before because we had another controller plugged into the PC. I unplugged it and the xbox was recognized. I got to the app after being scared by a big fricking T-Rex and tried pairing the remote there. The remote won't pair. Get the Pairing Failed error 😞