cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn the touch controllers on?

edmg
Trustee
This may be a dumb question, but... I was using the Touch controllers yesterday with no problems, but today I tried pressing every button and trigger but nothing happened. I eventually had to take the battery out and put it back in to get them to work.

How am I supposed to turn them on? I don't remember seeing anything during the setup yesterday that said how to do that.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cybereality
Grand Champion
They should turn on automatically. If they aren't, then something is wrong.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

cybereality
Grand Champion
They should turn on automatically. If they aren't, then something is wrong.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

edmg
Trustee
Thanks. I'll try again tomorrow and see if they work properly then.

It happened to both of them, so I doubt it's a faulty controller.

Yort04
Honored Guest
same here it wouldn't turn on

MrEmmybear
Honored Guest
I"ve been having the same issue. Any solutions found yet?

MadMaxBossMan
Honored Guest
Did you seriously just mark "They should turn on automatically" As an accepted answer!? LMFAO!

This is so God damn infuriating.  I've had a Rift since Christmas and every single problem I've run into I see the same things being asked in these forums and the majority of the time there are no clear cut and decisive answers!  This is the very reason why I would never recommend a Rift to anyone.  I have the exact same issue as OP.  Built a brand new PC just to have better odds at getting this garbage to work and here I am still troubleshooting months later.

Windows 10 64bit Pro w/latest patches
Latest Oculus Software as of today
Intel Core i3-8350K Coffee Lake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 (300 Series) 91W BX80684I38350K Desktop Processor 
ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2800 (PC4 22400) Intel Z170 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-2800C15S-8GVRB

Startup the PC, launch Oculus Home, no errors, look under devices and it says everything is ON (headset, sensors, AND controllers) however there are no battery indicators shown for the controllers and they're not shown in the headset.  The only way I've been able to remedy this is by taking the God damn batteries out and back in every time.

Where's the support!?  And before you want to preach to me about opening a ticket that's pretty useless.  In about 2 weeks they'll eventually send you a canned reply equivalent to "did you try rebooting".  Yes I've reinstalled the software, Yes I've re-run the setup.  Save me the canned bullshit give us REAL solutions.  Fix your product!

xWandererx
Heroic Explorer

Did you seriously just mark "They should turn on automatically" As an accepted answer!? LMFAO!

Well they just Do or something (else) is  wrong. Your mission If you wish to proceed is to work out what 🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion
The controllers do turn on basically as soon as you press any button. There is nothing special you need to do to turn them on, aside from picking them up and squeezing a button. @MadMaxBossMan I'm not sure I've heard of your issue before, and I wouldn't say it's a common problem. You should definitely submit a support ticket, we may be able to provide replacement hardware if it turns out to be a hardware issue. Thanks. 
https://support.oculus.com/

Redlord
Honored Guest
One solution is to re-synchronize the touch controllers.

Hold (Menu) + (Y) on Left contoller
Wait until light begins to flash.
When the light stops flashing, see if your device has connected.
Repeat on Right controller.

Richooal
Consultant

This is so God damn infuriating.  I've had a Rift since Christmas and every single problem I've run into I see the same things being asked in these forums and the majority of the time there are no clear cut and decisive answers!  This is the very reason why I would never recommend a Rift to anyone.  I have the exact same issue as OP.  Built a brand new PC just to have better odds at getting this garbage to work and here I am still troubleshooting months later.

Windows 10 64bit Pro w/latest patches
Latest Oculus Software as of today
Intel Core i3-8350K Coffee Lake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 (300 Series) 91W BX80684I38350K Desktop Processor 
ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) Intel Z370 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2800 (PC4 22400) Intel Z170 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-2800C15S-8GVRB

Startup the PC, launch Oculus Home, no errors, look under devices and it says everything is ON (headset, sensors, AND controllers) however there are no battery indicators shown for the controllers and they're not shown in the headset.  The only way I've been able to remedy this is by taking the God damn batteries out and back in every time.

Where's the support!?  And before you want to preach to me about opening a ticket that's pretty useless.  In about 2 weeks they'll eventually send you a canned reply equivalent to "did you try rebooting".  Yes I've reinstalled the software, Yes I've re-run the setup.  Save me the canned bullshit give us REAL solutions.  Fix your product!

I stayed up late last night going over, and over, your system specs. Something wasn't quite right. I believe your problems may be solved if you add a graphics card to your system.
No thanks required. This is what I do, "REAL solutions".
P.S. No need to go higher than a GTX1060. (please be sure to install Nvidia driver 388.59)
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.