cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIXED: Eleven Table Tennis... not so great for Rift?

Hornet_F4C
Adventurer

Hi all,

who knows this game? Just bought it on steam based on the good reviews.

But then... had to setup steam VR first. Until height was right. My play space is optimal for Oculus, yet "to small" for steam.... Got it to work finally. But still it shows the sensor orientation totally wrong. (Naturally?) It doesn't seem to fit the rift nearly as smooth as the Oculus Software.

In the game it self, it visualized the vive controllers instead of your hands. Quite distracting to see the ball sitting on top of a vive wand, if you actually expect to see your hand holding it.

The button mapping doesn't fit the touch controllers either... you cannot pick up a dropped ball with the grip button and have to find out what the others do.

Aligning the paddle with the controller was the next pain. But it is doable.

Finally the sound doesn't seem to work right. While I can hear music, announcements and stuff I cannot hear the ball it self. So no ping pong in my ears... anybody knows a fix?

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

maxpare79
Trustee
I have it , and it works great, you don't have to mess with steam VR you can adjust the table height and position in inside the game with the grab button...And you can change the paddle angle in the menu. Seeing the ball on top of a Vive controller while serving doesn't bother me much.
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

bigmike20vt
Visionary
I havebeen looking at this and the devs have stated they are in the process of a version on oculus store. I presume they will update the steam version to match as well. The devs also said they intend to offer all existing steam owners a key IF oculus are ok with that and allow the same deal that steam does (free keys for existing owners of software that goes on their store)
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

MarkusWo
Expert Protege

I turned off the music, and and I can definitely hear the ball.
But with my experimental, 2 camera, 360 setup, tracking is not good enough for fast hits.
The game works perfectly if you play slow.

Hornet_F4C
Adventurer

Ok, I'll try again. I already turned off the music as well, but could not hear the ball.

Also haptics do not work, but I understand that is a current limitation of steam VR.

An Oculus Store version.... yeah, that would be great! With proper touch support and hand animations.

IMHO everything I tried from steam so far has more the feel of prototypes and tech demos.... it just seems to be missing some finishing to shine.

That even starts with steam VR which, while generally working, simply doesn't seem to support the rift very well so far. I am sure they eventually will catch up as they plan to support both headsets with their store.

But until now I feel much more comfortable with the rift experiences on the Oculus store.

An oculus version of eleven table tennis would be really great. I just hope I won't have to buy it again.

Still I am not going for a refund for the steam version now because I think the developers deserve the support.

Thanks for your comments.

BigJohn2
Explorer
This game works perfect with the Touch, played it for many hours.

Hornet_F4C
Adventurer

Hi there, just wanted to let you know:

Just tried it again and apparently it got updated!

All fine now, really good fun.

Touch is properly supported and displayed now, haptics work fine - in fact so good that you dont immediately notice: You just take for granted that you can feel the ball on the paddle - it feels quite natural.

Steam VR seems to have gotten an update as well. It shows the sensor positions now correctly (albeit with wrong orientation) and the height problem seems to have been fixed as well.

I think in its current state Eleven Table Tennis might get its approval for the Oculus Store. We might see it there soon.

Would be great to have it available directly in home.

Thanks for replies.

Oakshios
Explorer
Add me on Steam.  Love playing this.  Oakshios

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
Add me too - storm_reborn