My Touch Controllers Are Being Held by The UPS because of Oculus — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

My Touch Controllers Are Being Held by The UPS because of Oculus

FuzzumsFuzzums Posts: 17
NerveGear
My touch controllers finally came on Friday 12/9/16.  But,  I wasn't home.  After the failed delivery, Oculus sent a message to hold and wait for instructions.  Now it is Wednesday 12/14/16 and I still don't have them.  UPS says Oculus has to finish their instructions and tell them what to do with the package.  I've been to the UPS customer center 4 times now.  I've contacted Oculus multiple times and told them what they need to do.  They (Oculus) seems oblivious about the hold instructions to the UPS.  So far, no solution.  Everyday I get more frustrated.

Comments

• HoIIywoodHoIIywood Posts: 325
    Trinity
    It is Oculus responsibility that they get to you as UPS is their courier of choice. Get them on the phone and do not get off until they commit to contacting UPS and dealing with it.

• FuzzumsFuzzums Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Oculus does not have a phone number.  Unless they do....  Does anyone know a phone number you can call?
  • kojackkojack Posts: 5,460 Volunteer Moderator
    That seems really odd. Since when does a courier notify the sender that a first delivery attempt failed? I've never heard of this happening to anybody. It should only be if you've failed all delivery attempts over a window (like 7 days or something).

NerveGear
    I don't get it either.  One attempt was failed.  I instructed them to place the package at the customer center for pickup, as I have done in the past.  Now they can't release the package because Oculus has put a hold on it.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    That's a really strange story. Let me see what I can find out.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    Talked again with UPS today.   They have informed me that my package will be sent back to Oculus tomorrow if Oculus does not contact them.  As of now my package is in a warehouse 5 minutes from me, and once was at my front door (I was gone).  I have been begging Oculus to call UPS.  Today is the last day Oculus can contact UPS before they send the package back.  Lets see if they can commit 15 minutes to help me receive what I have already paid for.  
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,858 Valuable Player
    What is UPS telling you?  The usual process for them is they will make 3 delivery attempts.  Each time they miss they leave an info notice slip with options.  Did the driver mark that signature was required?  If so and you said to leave the package they might not have done so since a signature would be required.  If they miss 3 attempts they hold the package for 5 days before sending it back.  The weird part is Oculus putting a hold on the package.  I hope they get it sorted for you before it goes back.
    NerveGear
    UPS made 1 delivery attempt and left a notice slip.  After receiving the slip I instructed the package to be delivered to the customer center for pick up, as I have done in the past.  UPS tells me they cannot give me the package because there is an intercept, hold, and wait for instructions, command from Oculus.  They tell me Oculus must tell them what to do with package.
  • jayhawkjayhawk Posts: 808
    3Jane
    Did you know it was coming on Friday?
    NerveGear
    I did know.  Like a total geek I was tracking them all the way from LOUISVILLE, KY.  I though I would be home in time to receive them.  Should have sent them to a UPS store for pickup before the first attempt.
  • kevink808kevink808 Posts: 803
    3Jane
    Fuzzums said:
    UPS made 1 delivery attempt and left a notice slip.  After receiving the slip I instructed the package to be delivered to the customer center for pick up, as I have done in the past.  UPS tells me they cannot give me the package because there is an intercept, hold, and wait for instructions, command from Oculus.  They tell me Oculus must tell them what to do with package.
    This makes no sense. I think UPS is your problem, not Oculus. Tell those morons to attempt a 2nd and 3rd delivery, per their policy, and ensure you are there for it. Take the day off. Call out sick.  Whatever it takes.  I had my controllers and two cams delivered yesterday and those fools sent one guy to my door to check if anyone was home before bringing the packages over.  They were high-tailing it out of there, so good thing I there working in my office with a view to the road where their truck pulls up!
    Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.
    NerveGear
    I was just informed by Oculus that they have reached out to UPS.  My package will now be released, and I should receive a call by the UPS shortly.  My guess is Kevink808 is correct, this is a UPS problem.  But I am still  frustrated that it took 4 days for Oculus to finally make a phone call.  I'm not going to hold my breath, the UPS has told me to come pick the package up before and then said "Sorry, never mind there is a hold", call your shipper".
    3Jane
    I think cybereality is your hero - he said he was looking into it.
    NerveGear
    Super Fun Time Update!

UPS did not call me yesterday.  After two phone calls and a day later I have received a call back.  UPS has informed me that they no longer know where my package is....

They have advised me to talk to Oculus to begin and investigation / claim.
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    Holy shit balls!
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,060 Volunteer Moderator

This sounds really bad. I may be overly cynical here but for some reason I get the feeling the lost parcel was UPS's problem from the start and someone there was covering themselves with the delivery slip.

Hope you get this sorted @Fuzzumz. Worse case is in my opinion Oculus will have to send another as it ultimately falls to the retail company to take responsibility, at least that's how it is in the UK, as far as I'm aware.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.356)
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,988
    3Jane
    delivery guy somewhere enjoying his free touch
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
  • shackdaddy25shackdaddy25 Posts: 47
    Brain Burst
    No some will get caught using free oculus serial number is a dead give away. I really don't know why we still have thievery you can not get away with it anymore. 
    NerveGear
    I have been suspecting exactly what @DaftnDirect has posted.  I think this package has been lost for some time now.  Oculus doesn't even recall putting a hold on the package.  And why would they?
  • dreimer1986dreimer1986 Posts: 171
    Art3mis
    Well, in that case UPS is the one who has to replace it ^^ Thats why they made such a fuzz....
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,060 Volunteer Moderator
    Either way it has to come from Oculus unless UPS have entered the HMD manufacturing game! But I agree, UPS should be footing the bill, that's a discussion for them and Oculus to have. I'm just mindful that Fuzzums needs a replacement sooner rather than later and Oculus are really the ones who will have to take the responsibility, then argue the case with UPS
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.356)
    NerveGear
    I have requested that Oculus send me another set of Touch controllers.  If UPS finds the package, they can just send it back to Oculus.  In the mean time, I believe it is fair to ask Oculus to expedite a new shipment.  With luck, I may receive them before Christmas.
    NerveGear
    Good news update.  I called UPS again and found out that they had found the package.  I have gone to the customer center and retrieved the package!  Finally!  Worth noting that if I had not called, they would not have informed me that the package was found...  In fact, they found the package yesterday.  
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Awesome end to the story!
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    Scumbags.
    I'd double triple and quadruple check other hasn't been opened or used.

Congrats on finally getting what our paid for.
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • MaxxgoldMaxxgold Posts: 351
    Trinity
    ...What really happened....

As a retired UPS driver I can tell you what happened here. Fuzzums being very upset that he wasn't home to sign for his package called customer service at UPS and asked for his package to be held at his local UPS warehouse, where he could go in and pick it up. Sorry Fuzzums but Oculus would never put a hold on a package that was not delivered because you were not home, that can only be done by you. 

What Fuzzums doesn't realize is that during peak season, which it is now, it can take a day or two for that package to get reassigned for pickup at the warehouse. I would always tell my customers not to change the delivery status of a package unless absolutely necessary. I can totally see a customer getting upset at this point, as the package should have been available, but the holiday season can be brutal.

Glad you finally got your package, but the next time this happens, I would recommend that you wait for your driver to deliver you package the next day.

3Jane
    He did NOT get what he paid for. That was a horrendous experience.
    NerveGear
    @maxxgold, The UPS told me themselves that Oculus put a hold on the package.  They told me it was sitting at the warehouse ready to go, but that I could not pick it up due to the hold.  They told me they could not do anything until Oculus contacted them.  And if fact, that is what eventually did happen.  Oculus contacted UPS and told them to release the hold (that they never put on it).  After the hold was released, the package was pronounced lost.  An investigation and claim was setup by both me and Oculus (receiver and shipper).  I am not exaggerating or extrapolating any part of this story.  This is what I was told.  As far as what really happened... not sure.