cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to order spare foam eye frames?

adroz
Protege
Since getting my touch controllers, I have been using medium and quill a lot and love it. However in the hot humid Australian environment plus the head set heating up with use gets quite sweaty around the head after about 30-45 minutes of use. Is it possible to order a few spare eye frames? (the one that is a plastic frame with foam on it) So once these become waterlogged with sweat I can unclip them and throw in a dry frame and keep working. My main concern is my sweaty saline solution leaking into the head unit possibly causing damage.
3 REPLIES 3

YoLolo69
Trustee
Not sure from Oculus, VR Cover seems to provide those faceplate, check their website

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

HornyyyHorn
Expert Protege
Yes, go to VR cover and have a look to their pu foarms + strapped covers. I think this will help you, but its keeping hot, too. I hope cv2 will bring an air circulation...

adroz
Protege
Thanks guys, yep that's looks like it's worth a try. Yes they definitely need to look into air circulation and even perhaps a design that can funnel any sweat that forms inside the unit out threw some spouts at the bottom.