cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Inateck USB Card Questions

Maxxgold
Rising Star
I'm wondering if anyone is using a 2nd Inateck USB Card? 

I'm using one and for the most part I have all the issues ironed out, but I have to leave things disconnected while I'm playing with my Rift in a 3 sensor setup. I also frequently have to disable and re enable the sound to get it going. It's doable right now but I'm wondering if anyone is running another Inateck USB Card, and I'm wanting to know if that is an option.

If you use a 2nd card does it free up more USB resources or are all the USB ports drawing on a limited amount of bandwidth?

Any help here would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

Bigtime88
Protege
I tried a 2nd Inatek card and no USB devices get detected in it, even a standard USB memory stick

esteem
Protege
I've got a second one setup and it was working fine, however after the recent update, my 4 sensor setup doesn't work as well any more. It's really hit and miss at the moment. I'm thinking of using 2.0 extensions to see if it will force it to 2.0.

Bigtime88 - Do you have the green light on both cards? I noticed an issue when I first installed the second one where the light didn't come on. I ended up using a different cable from the PSU instead of the inline port that other card was on.

Maxxgold
Rising Star

esteem said:

I've got a second one setup and it was working fine, however after the recent update, my 4 sensor setup doesn't work as well any more. It's really hit and miss at the moment. I'm thinking of using 2.0 extensions to see if it will force it to 2.0.

Bigtime88 - Do you have the green light on both cards? I noticed an issue when I first installed the second one where the light didn't come on. I ended up using a different cable from the PSU instead of the inline port that other card was on.

Ok, I might have to get another one and give it a try. I wouldn't even try a 4th sensor with the setup I have now. Everything is working fine but this whole USB mess is really a pain in the ass for everyone. You can really see how they had no clue that Room-scale was going to be the most popular aspect of VR. I had literally put my Rift away until the Touch controllers came out. 

Fadeeaway
Protege
Maxx: Tried to run it without installing the inatek drivers? I disabled the onboard usb3 on the mb, and uninstalled the inatek drivers. Now everything works. Yes oculus home says I'm using old drivers, but with drivers I don't get any sound at all, it doesn't even show up in control panel.

Bigtime88
Protege
Sorry, my fault. I hadn't plugged the SATA power cable into the second card properly. It all detects fine now.
I have Rift on one Inatek card and my 2 sensors on the second.

Now to see if it's more reliable with Rift no headphone drops outs...

JeffreyK
Explorer
I have two and they both seem to work fine, there is definitely some ghosts in the drivers and I have to reboot every once and awhile. But I just did a 6hr session with friends and had zero issues. Not sure which drivers I am using atm, but its working pretty good, so I am leaving things be.

cosmonaut102
Honored Guest

esteem said:

Yes using a USB 2.0 cable is permitted in a USB 3.0 port if you have no 2.0 ports. It will reduce the bandwidth and that is what you need to do for the 3rd and 4th sensor. I actually read an oculus post saying that.

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
I cant see why not. As long as you have the PCI slots available. Couldnt imagine any issues.