New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Arizona Sunshine is AWESOME, please tell me how to DROP ITEMS.

redmantabredmantab Posts: 85
Hiro Protagonist
Title says it all.  Excellent game, well made, actually feel like I'm looting all the cars on the freeway and love it.  I am about 30 minutes in and have found 4 guns.  How on earth do I DROP the gun I don't want?  All I can do is swap the guns when I reach out to get the other one.  I've tried holstering but then it just swaps. Can someone tell me how to do this or what I'm missing?

Thank you!

Comments

• Log_a_FrogLog_a_Frog Posts: 958
    Trinity
    edited December 2016
    Put the guns in your belt, the ones you want, and the just let go of your grip with the others you dont want whilst in your hands....
    I think.
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 572
    Neo
    When you find a new gun pick it up while holding the gun you don't want. Your old gun will be left where you pick up the new gun.

Another thing I learned is that you can fasten grenades to your chest. 

I agree, this is an awesome game. It's the first touch game that feels like a real game. It has a story and progression like a real game. It's not another wave gallery shooter. 

The way they use teleportation is also excellent. You only teleport really short distances so it feels more like walking. And you can move around while being attacked. It takes a bit of getting used to but it's really all well done. 
  • JJJakeJJJake Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    I wish there were a 'manual' for Arizona Sunshine.  There are a number of REALLY important techniques that are NOT self evident and you're kinda lucky if you 'stumble' upon them.  Is there such a resource somewhere out there?!!  I did not see such a manual on the AZ website.

BTW --- I really do LOVE this shooter!!!   BUT I'm having a VERY frustrating problem that's directly related to this thread subject :  I can NOT drop an "extra" gun!    I need to blow up the barricade at a bridge with a grenade.   BUT I (apparently) cannot pull the pin on a grenade and throw it.  Why?  Because I somehow picked up 3 pistols (2 automatics and 1 six shot revolver).  I (apparently) cannot just drop-drop one of the "extra" pistols.  Soooo, I (apparently)  cannot now have both hands free to pull the pin with one hand and throw with the other.  And yes, I have tried to simply release a gun ... and a ton of other gyrations too.  Nothing works.   I cannot progress.  HELP!!!

Maybe it's all on me.  Maybe I'm too dense to see what should be obvious.  If so, my apologies.  Regardless --- let me add a PLEASE to that HELP!   I GOTTA get pass that bridge and do a lot more zombie blasting!
  • LoneEpidemicLoneEpidemic Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    I think I am in the same area you are with 3 guns also.  If I get a chance to play after work and can solve the problem I will post how it plays out for me.
  • BlastaMastaBlastaMasta Posts: 179
    Art3mis
    You pull the pin out with a button on the controler.
  • tonysaruntonysarun Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    I dont have touch. Can I just use the xbox controller?
  • jackhammerVRjackhammerVR Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    You only need one hand to pull the pin and throw a grenade. Grab the grenade, hit the A button of the hand/touch controller holding the grenade, throw the grenade (do not throw the touch controller....straps are your friends here). BOOM.

As far as dropping extra guns - you can have one gun in each hand and one additional gun per side in your belt - so 4 guns total. You dont need to drop a gun to throw a grenade. If you want to replace a gun you've found for one you have, get the gun to be dropped in your hand and pick up the new gun. The old gun will be replaced.

A few other tips....
    1. The flashlight takes a gun slot.
    2. You can also put your hands together and hit the "side" trigger button to swap weapons.
    3. Hamburgers can be eaten by grabbing them and bringing it up to your face. You can see your health by looking at your watch. 100 Hearts is full.

I just finished the single player campaign last night... I can't wait to try it in multiplayer.

• LoneEpidemicLoneEpidemic Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    Thanks for all the tips @jackhammerVR These will be very helpful once I get a chance to strap back in.  On top of trying to get my house ready for 11 Christmas dinner guest.  I decided to remodel my computer room to  make more space.  I just build a desk out of old shelves and wall brackets to open up my available space and hopefully help room scaling when my 3rd sensor finally ships.
  • ShiftyIncShiftyInc Posts: 120
    Art3mis
    tonysarun said:
    Oculus Touch is required to play this game.
  • Cerebus06Cerebus06 Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    @jackhammerVR - thanks for tips 2 & 3... I finished the single player campaign a couple days ago and was frustrated at the (apparent) lack of ability to replenish my health.  Now that I know I can, I'll run through it again.  I have to agree with everyone's opinion here on Arizona Sunshine... awesome game.  And for me that's ironic, because I normally don't enjoy zombie games - I bought AS just as another Oculus shooter title after playing the Bullet Train tech demo to death.
  • Sinstalker21Sinstalker21 Posts: 253 Poster of the Week
    lol @ Jack...(do not throw the touch controller....straps are your friends here)...hehe
  • jackhammerVRjackhammerVR Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Cerebus06 said:
    @jackhammerVR - thanks for tips 2 & 3... I finished the single player campaign a couple days ago and was frustrated at the (apparent) lack of ability to replenish my health.  Now that I know I can, I'll run through it again.  I have to agree with everyone's opinion here on Arizona Sunshine... awesome game.  And for me that's ironic, because I normally don't enjoy zombie games - I bought AS just as another Oculus shooter title after playing the Bullet Train tech demo to death.
    I've been binge watching The Walking Dead.... serious fun to go shoot some zombies after a particularly traumatizing episode.... I just wish we could knife/hack/chop zombies in the head.... 
  • JeremyC85JeremyC85 Posts: 109
    Hiro Protagonist
    sooo has anyone figured out how to drop a gun?

• weasel47weasel47 Posts: 299
    Nexus 6
    JeremyC85 said:
    sooo has anyone figured out how to drop a gun?

I don't think it's possible. It's also not necessary. 
  • heppsanheppsan Posts: 229
    Nexus 6
    tonysarun said:
    I would go so far to say that it's worth picking up touch just for this title. It's awesome!
    Haven't had this much fun with zombies since I first played Resident Evil on Playstation. :)

• Sinstalker21Sinstalker21 Posts: 253 Poster of the Week
    I can't drop a gun but you can pick up a hammer or throwing knife and drop it then your hand is empty but why do you want a hand w/ nothing? you can do almost anything w/ a gun in it.
  • SuperTuckSuperTuck Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    Because it doesn't 'feel' as good doing other things with a gun in that hand. I wanted to holster my gun and then use the hand to do whatever... call it a kink.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 23,223 Oculus Staff
    You can holster your weapon by placing your hands at your waist on the side and pressing the grip trigger.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • LeaderOfTheBlindLeaderOfTheBlind Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    You can holster your weapon by placing your hands at your waist on the side and pressing the grip trigger.
    But once you've picked up 3 or 4 guns the holster feature just swaps guns. We could do with some shoulder style second holsters (might get confused with the grenades though). 

Doesnt cause any any issues, however, as @SuperTuck said, it just feels more realistic having to have empty hands to manipulate other items. Brilliant game though, probably my favourite VR game (until Robot Recall is released). 

Other good old games are Raw Data, Sariento VR and Bullet Sorrow (windows 7 compatible mode fixes the weird gun/Touch angle issue). 

Rift is a amazing at room-scale, loving that the majority of the Vive games work!! Hurry up and officially support it Oculus :) 
  • davisdonedavisdone Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I'll address the gorilla in the room here.  I picked up 4 guns along with the key.  I could swap the guns, but not drop them or use the key.  It was impossible to proceed from there.    The "invisible inventory" is also at times the "inaccessible inventory."  A pretty big design flaw, I think.
  • LuciferousLuciferous Posts: 1,222
    3Jane
    edited December 7
    Been a while since I played this but I absolutely loved this game. I do not remember an issue with the inventory? What stage are you at?

I will have to play this one again over the Christmas break, this will be the fourth full play through and from a serial non game finisher that is praise indeed. So hoping they come out with a sequel.