cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SDK/Firmware breaks Street View & Calibration is wonky

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just so we're all on the same page, I'm using this URL for Oculus-capable Street View: http://oculusstreetview.eu.pn/

I updated the firmware on my Rift and have my profile set with the newest config util from the 0.2.5 release, and now I get no head tracking in Street View. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm on Windows 8 x64 using Chrome.
14 REPLIES 14

Mark79
Honored Guest
Same here on Win7 (64bit) and Firefox.

Manannan
Honored Guest
I haven't experienced that, but the new SDK doesn't seem to ever complete the calibration process when I run it. I reverted back to the previous SDK after failing to get the new one to do anything properly.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah I noticed that as well. Calibration is extremely difficult with the new util. I had to basically swing my Rift around on the cord to get it to complete. :? The first few times it got stuck at about 1/3 or 1/2 and timed out eventually. What gives?

As for Street View, I'm thinking it must have been the FW update that killed it... I tried switching to the basic profile with an older version of config util and I still get no headtracking. It works fine on everything else so far, however.

Tip
Honored Guest
I don't get headtracking in street view and I haven't updated to the new SDK yet.

Gateshot
Explorer
Its more than just going to the website. There is a plugin you need to download and enable the extension in chrome. FYI.

Tip
Honored Guest
"Xemakon" wrote:
Its more than just going to the website. There is a plugin you need to download and enable the extension in chrome. FYI.

Thanks. I didn't realize that, I just went to the URL tried out all the settings on the pop up menu and gave up. Glad to hear I was mistaken, I did want to try it out.

Mark79
Honored Guest
"Tip" wrote:
I did want to try it out.

In the popup credits-section is a link to a websocket server.
Just download and run it to enable headtracking.
But it looks broken with SDK2.5 + firmware 18.

Gateshot
Explorer

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have VR.js installed, hence why it was working perfectly before. I always used it without running the external tracker server and there were no issues. Mark, you're saying it works with or without external tracker running/enabled? I might try it just to confirm. Street View is one of my favorite Rifted things! =[