New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quill Questions

DaveEliasIrwinDaveEliasIrwin Posts: 5
NerveGear
edited December 2016 in Oculus Quill

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for answers for a few questions that I haven't been able to find by searching here, r/Oculus and by using google.

My Questions are as follows:

1 ) Is there a mirror option ( similar to the one in medium ) that allows me to paint more symmetrically?

2) Is there a way to limit the painting to a 2 dimensional plane? I tend to push and pull the controller when painting, causing my painting to render at different depths. I would like to constrain the brush to just the x / y plane and toggle the z plane when needed.

3 ) Is there an in-depth wiki or user guide. I was unable to find the color picker tool in quill until I pressed every button on both controllers and figured it out. There are other shortcuts I would like to know and an in-depth guide would be a godsend.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Merlock01Merlock01 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Is there an eye dropper/color picker for the canvas?
  • schevrelschevrel Posts: 55 Oculus Staff
    You can use the "B" button on your touch controllers (in right hand mode) to pick the color under the drawing cursor.
  • sertac.ataman.169sertac.ataman.169 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    schevrel said:
    You can use the "B" button on your touch controllers (in right hand mode) to pick the color under the drawing cursor.
    Hi, I use touch controllers in the left hand mode and I can not use the "Y" button to pick the color. Is anyone else have that problem before? Thanks! :)
  • timcasetimcase Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    great post! thanks for sharing