cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Christmas surprise in Oculus Home

cybernettr
Superstar
 There is a Christmas (am I allowed to say that word?) Surprise in Oculus Home. I didn't notice it at first, and I launched a couple of games, but after the second game I noticed some music and there it was! I won't say more than that for now. Some other changes to the decor such as the objects in the wall have also changed. Also, maybe I didn't notice this before, but one of the books on the floor  has the silhouette of Zoe from Farlands on it - a nice little touch. 
33 REPLIES 33

Applecorp
Rising Star

There is a Christmas (am I allowed to say that word?)

Why wouldn't you be allowed?  

cybernettr
Superstar
People are shocked, offended and "excluded" by more and more things these days...  :'(

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee

People are shocked, offended and "excluded" by more and more things these days...  :'(

True. Let's be not that type of people. Christmas. Now I said it without hesitation or regret.
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

Applecorp
Rising Star

F**k those people.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The only people that are 'shocked, offended and "excluded" ' by the word Christmas are white middle class politically correct idiots. Everyone else in the world regardless of their race, country of origin and religious beliefs doesn't have a problem with it.

It's having political correctness shoved down our throats since the 90s that has been the cause of the recent liklihood of far-Right politicians getting voted in during these next few years, which is kinda ironic.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
Funnily enough, I've never heard anyone complain about it.  All I've heard and seen is complaints about people complaining.  Which makes me suspect the whole thing is made up by people like Snowdog to give them something to complain about.

Greyman
Superstar
I've been doing a bit of a straw-poll, for years, on some of the terms that were removed from common-use, due to political correctness and i have yet to find anyone that would be offended by the phrases, "manhole cover" or "ball valve", but outlawed they were.

It appears as though the political correctness brigade are very keen to speak on behalf of people/groups that wouldn't even think of being offended by traditional sayings.  

However, this appears to have led to peeps having very "thin skin" and almost becoming professional "i'm offended" types.

There are limits, of course, but "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" might not be a bad saying to bring back.

Oh, and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.  🙂

xWandererx
Heroic Explorer
Christmas is ok but "white christmas"...........:)

Let's not get angry at something that isn't an issue... Merry Christmas is perfectly fine... as is wishing anyone well in a way thats related to any other religious holiday is fine.

Merry Christmas