Oculus Tray Tool
current version: 0.86.1What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApolllyonVR@gmail.com
Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze
over at http://headsoft.com.au
), replace icons for your games and more.
It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.
If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide
pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.
Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. :-)
- Fixed an issue where having a lot of WMI profiles would cause a crash in the AppWatcher.
- Fixed a bug related to displaynames.
- Added Blue color as titles text color in the LIbrary. This is used if the displayname for the game
is found in Profiles, but the path doesn't match. So Blue means the game probably has a profile,
but the .exe to monitor has been changed.
- Brought back the Oculus Home system tray icon for when Home is minimized.
- Fixed an issue with minimzing apps.
- Other bugfixes which should make OTT use a little less CPU.
Changelog version 0.86.0
- Added option to mirror Oculus Home.
- Added Profile option to minimze the running game to the task bar.
- Added option to set 2D FOV multiplier. See the User Guide for more info.
- Added Oculus Homeless, by EmuVR developer and Reddit user NeoZeroo. I expanded a bit on NeoZeroo's
code and added an option to play some background music while using Homeless. Check out NeoZeroo's
Reddit post and the OTT User Guide for more info. https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/8uf1sm/oculushomeless_use_dash_without_home_20/
- Added option to restart the Oculus service when the computer wakes up from sleep. This helps with poor tracking
- Oculus Tray Tool system tray icon now always visible.
- Opting to remove all settings during uninstall now also removes any "Start with Windows" settings,
e.g from the "Run" key in the registry or the scheduled task if that was the selected option.
- Fixed as issue where the same game icon would appear for different games in the Library.
- Fixed an issue with the "Send Home to tray" options.
- Fixed an issue where the OTT tray icon right-click menu choices for audio switching did not work as expected.
- Fixed a problem where the audioswitcher would stop working due to a driver update or device unplugg/insert that
would cause the device id's to change.
- Removed the Oculus Home icon in the system tray that was previously shown when Oculus Home was sent to the system tray by OTT.
Home is now restored using the right-click menu of the Oculus Tray Tool system tray icon.
- Individual voice commands can now again be enabled/disabled
- The 'USB Selectve Suspend' option is no longer tied to the selected power plan and now only affect Rift devices.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the timer for the Timer-based profiles to start on
OTT start instead of when Home was started.
- Lowered the tickrate of the timer for Timer-based profiles as it was a bit too short,
causing an unnecessarily high cpu load when having a lot of profiles set to Timer as
is here. Grab it from http://bit.ly/2DaFuGt
As always, thank you to all the testers for helping out! If you find any issues or have
suggestions don't hesitate to ping me here on the forums or at ApollyonVR@gmail.com.
Changelog version 0.85.4
- Added option to manually include apps that OTT is ignoring. See "Ignored Apps" in the User Guide for more info.
- Added Oculus install path as default Library path if no paths are returned from the Registry.
- Fixed an issue where multiple Library paths could be written as one, causing no apps to be found as that creates
an invalid path. If OTT finds any incorrectly formated paths it will try to retrieve the paths again and notify
the user in the Log window and ott.log. Any manually added paths must be manually re-added on the Advanced tab.
- Fixed an issue where not all games where visible in the list of games when replacing icons.
- Fixed an issue where profiles for Third-Party apps could not be edited from the Library.
- Fixed an issue that would cause profiles to not be detected on first launch if OTT was also set to launch Home on start.
Changelog version 0.85.3
- AudioSwitcher now accepts having no devices set as fallback.
- Fixed an exception thrown when trying to set "Start with with Windows".
- Tweaking how USB Suspend is being set/get.
is now here. Get it at http://bit.ly/2sC2mKk
I hope this version solves all reported issues. I will put it on the auto updater in a few days unless i get reports of any serious issues, so treat this as a "kinda-beta". As always, ping me if you find anything broken. MANY MANY thanks to the tireless beta testers such as @Slochy
, Brian H, Ben, /u/scarystuff, @ATP-Flo
and every other tester i forgot to mention. Thanks Guys!
Note: If you are using the AudioSwitcher you must reset it's settings. Click 'Configure' on the Tray Tool tab, then click the 'Reset' button and set up your options again. See the User Guide for more info.
Changelog version 0.85.2
- Fixed an issue that caused OTT to take a very long time to start.
- Fixed OTT preventing Windows shutdown if a profile was previously loaded.
- Fixed an issue that caused OTT to detect the same game launch twice.
- Fixed the Edit button for Voice Commands becoming disabled.
- Fixed an issue where OTT would throw an error when clicking the "Edit" button for Voice Commands twice in a row.
- Fixed list of available Voice Commands being blank if "Use Voice Commands" was not ticket.
- Fixed Third-Party/non-Home games (like Steam games) not showing up in the OTT Library or the Game list when creating a Profile.
- Fixed using "Hide app in Library and Profiles" from the Library view not actually hiding app in profiles Game list.
- Fixed manual update incorrectly throwing an error about internet connection not being available.
- Fixed and issue with Third-Party/non-Home games not being detected on start.
- Fixed a "minimize on start" issue.
- Added option to disable automatic update checking.
- Uninstaller now asks to delete all settings and databases.
- User Guide updated, please read it.