Oculus Tray Tool
current version: 0.85.4What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at [email protected]
Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze
over at http://headsoft.com.au
), replace icons for your games and more.
It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.
If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide
pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.
Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. :-)
Broke the update checker, fixed that now so just re-download the 0.85.4 setup and you're ready for 0.86 when that comes
is here. Grab it from http://bit.ly/2DaFuGt
As always, thank you to all the testers for helping out! If you find any issues or have
suggestions don't hesitate to ping me here on the forums or at [email protected]
Changelog version 0.85.4
- Added option to manually include apps that OTT is ignoring. See "Ignored Apps" in the User Guide for more info.
- Added Oculus install path as default Library path if no paths are returned from the Registry.
- Fixed an issue where multiple Library paths could be written as one, causing no apps to be found as that creates
an invalid path. If OTT finds any incorrectly formated paths it will try to retrieve the paths again and notify
the user in the Log window and ott.log. Any manually added paths must be manually re-added on the Advanced tab.
- Fixed an issue where not all games where visible in the list of games when replacing icons.
- Fixed an issue where profiles for Third-Party apps could not be edited from the Library.
- Fixed an issue that would cause profiles to not be detected on first launch if OTT was also set to launch Home on start.
Changelog version 0.85.3
- AudioSwitcher now accepts having no devices set as fallback.
- Fixed an exception thrown when trying to set "Start with with Windows".
- Tweaking how USB Suspend is being set/get.
is now here. Get it at http://bit.ly/2sC2mKk
I hope this version solves all reported issues. I will put it on the auto updater in a few days unless i get reports of any serious issues, so treat this as a "kinda-beta". As always, ping me if you find anything broken. MANY MANY thanks to the tireless beta testers such as @Slochy
, Brian H, Ben, /u/scarystuff, @ATP-Flo
and every other tester i forgot to mention. Thanks Guys!
Note: If you are using the AudioSwitcher you must reset it's settings. Click 'Configure' on the Tray Tool tab, then click the 'Reset' button and set up your options again. See the User Guide for more info.
Changelog version 0.85.2
- Fixed an issue that caused OTT to take a very long time to start.
- Fixed OTT preventing Windows shutdown if a profile was previously loaded.
- Fixed an issue that caused OTT to detect the same game launch twice.
- Fixed the Edit button for Voice Commands becoming disabled.
- Fixed an issue where OTT would throw an error when clicking the "Edit" button for Voice Commands twice in a row.
- Fixed list of available Voice Commands being blank if "Use Voice Commands" was not ticket.
- Fixed Third-Party/non-Home games (like Steam games) not showing up in the OTT Library or the Game list when creating a Profile.
- Fixed using "Hide app in Library and Profiles" from the Library view not actually hiding app in profiles Game list.
- Fixed manual update incorrectly throwing an error about internet connection not being available.
- Fixed and issue with Third-Party/non-Home games not being detected on start.
- Fixed a "minimize on start" issue.
- Added option to disable automatic update checking.
- Uninstaller now asks to delete all settings and databases.
- User Guide updated, please read it.
is here, grab it from http://bit.ly/2EFcQAANOTE:
All running the beta; you may see an exception when the beta version checks for update.If so please download the public version manually
and that should fix things. This is only for those who have helped test the 0.85 beta.
Changelog version 0.85.0
- Previous version automatically uninstalled.
- User settings are now properly migrated between upgrades.
- Profiles window now only contains the profiles. All games without a profile are listed when creating a new profile.
- Oculus Tray Tool can now be run under a non-admin user account. Note that you still need to start it using "Run as Administrator"
- Speech recognition improved. Now using Microsoft Speech library which does not require user training, can handle lower-quality
audio input and supports additional languages by installing language-packs from Microsoft.
- Switched to using pre-compiled .wav files for voice recognition callback.
- Audio Switcher improved.
- Creating Profiles for games that have not been installed using Oculus Home or Steam is now done by using the "Browse.." button
found when clicking "Create New Profile" in the Profiles window.
- Tweaked game detection process. Might use a bit more CPU but instead more reliable.
- Added option to modify the executable path when creating/editing profiles. In rare cases the binary that is found
in the Oculus manifest files is not correct, or is simply a form of quick-launch for the game. In such cases, this
process will in turn spawn the main game proccess and then close, usually faster that OTT can detect it. With this
option you can browse for the actual game .exe, which will make OTT detect it more reliably.
- Better filtering of non-vr apps.
- Changed how the Icon replacement works. It is now accessed from it's own tab in the Game Library view.
- Added Steam Store browser, accessed from the Game Library view.
- The CPU ID Spoofer now works for AMD CPUs.
- Several code tweaks, buggfixes and changes to improve stability.
Beta-testing for 0.85 is currently in progress. Many brave souls have stepped up to fight the bugs so it should hopefully be out soon.
Will also update this first page with some more explanation on what OTT is as new users might find it a bit confusing.
Heads up! The new version is coming along nicely, albeit slowly due to the usual stuff that clogs up my life.
Working on a AudioSwitcher fix, improved voice recognition, improved game launch detection, general stablity improvemennts and more.
Anyone who is up for helping out testing these and other things are more than welcome to ping me in a PM here on the forums or drop
I'm aware that some users are experiencing issues with the AudioSwitcher. I have a fix in progress and will be sending that out as a beta for testing soon.
I am also doing a lot of tweaks to the code to make it faster and more reliable overall. So stay tuned for more!
One of thse issues i've had with OTT is the inability to run it under a normal user account. This is due to the OculusDebugTool needing more permissions, or actually, different permissions depending on the command issued. I think i may have finally solved this, thanks to @md59
pointing me in the right direction, and also doing the inital testing along with @MarkedOne
. I'd like to get some more testing done on this, so anyone interested in testing the latest beta, just drop me a PM here on the forums or ping me at [email protected]
Again, big thanks to @md59
for helping out with this!
Wow.. That took a long time to get done. But now it's here, hope you guys find it useful. The new Steam Import feature is currently in Beta as it needs a bit more testing. As usual, please report any issues to me here on the forums or drop an email to [email protected]
The Steam Import feature was implemented by the awesome @headkaze
and i highly recommend checking out his site over at http://headsoft.com.au
for more cool stuff. I changed the dropbox link to be a direct download as some browsers have issues with displaying the download button. Also linking directly to the .exe installation file instead of the .zip. This has to do with the new autoupdater, it was just cleaner to have that download the .exe instead of a .zip.
Changelog version 0.84.0
- Fixed an issue that could cause Windows to not shutdown/restart properly when OTT was running.
- Fixed an issue where multiple profiles with the same launchfile (DCS.exe for example) would cause OTT to hang on startup.
- Fixed an issue where the GUI could end up off screen. If a negative position is detected the GUI position
will be adjusted to center screen.
- Fixed a first-run error about a missing database table which would cause OTT to hang on first launch.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Oculus library paths to not be properly retrieved from the registry.
Many thanks to @zissakos
for the code.
- Added option to apply power plans either on OTT start/exit or Oculus Home start/exit.
- Improved the auto-updater. Big thanks to @headkaze
for helping out with that one.
has also added his Steam import feature to OTT! Huge many thanks for his hard work on that one!
Make sure to visit his site and check out his other cool stuff.
- Added 1.0 as SS value to Profiles
- Added 1.0 as SS value to Global
- Added options to delay setting CPU Priority and ASW. Seems like some update to Oculus now causes ASW settings
to fail if applied too soon. So this change will let you tweak that per profile so ASW can be applied properly.
Use the "ASW Status" overlay (Visual HUD dropdown) to check ASW status and see if it is applied properly.
- BETA Feature: Added @headkaze
's Steam Import feature for bulkimporting Steam games. HUGE MANY thanks for all his
hard work on this one. Make sure to visit him over at http://headsoft.com.au
for more cool stuff.
This feature might need a bit more testing, please report any issues to me using the forum or [email protected]
Progress on the new version is going, but it's going slow due to many factors. Stuff just keeps happening that needs my attention and there's not a whole lot i can do other than to just deal with it. But, a new beta has been sent out. It has new stuff. It has fixes. It will come along soon(-ish). Sorry for keeping you all waiting, i'm still here
Version 0.83.1 is here. Grab it from http://bit.ly/2Imetlm
Note: The download button is located in the right corner, and it might take a second or two for it to appear.
The message saying the file cannot be previewed is nothing wrong. It's a .zip file and the preview feature
of dropbox does not handle those kinds of file.
Changelog version 0.83.1
- Fixed an issue where Global ASW was not set when OTT started with the Oculus service down.
- Fixed an issue caused by apps with ' characters in their names.
- Fixed an issue where "Show Removed 3rd Party Apps" did not list anything, and after unchecking the box
no apps where visible in the Library unless you moused over them.
- Fixed an issue with re-enabling removed 3rd party apps. This feature should now work again.
- Fixed AudioSwitcher not working as expected (hopefully).
- Increased visibility of newly created/edited profiles in the list.
- Hopefully improved the loading of the Profiles list a bit.
- Added option to manually set Library path if it cannot be retrieved from the registry.