Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully) — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 346
Trinity
edited June 2 in General
Oculus Tray Tool  
current version: 0.86.1

What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at ApolllyonVR@gmail.com

Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze over at http://headsoft.com.au), replace icons for your games and more.

It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.

If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.

Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. :-)
-----------

UPDATE 06/03
Version 0.86.1 is now in Beta for anyone to test. Grab it from http://bit.ly/2IfayYa
Changelog version 0.86.1

- Fixed an issue where having a lot of WMI profiles would cause a crash in the AppWatcher.
- Fixed a bug related to displaynames.
- Added Blue color as titles text color in the LIbrary. This is used if the displayname for the game
  is found in Profiles, but the path doesn't match. So Blue means the game probably has a profile,
  but the .exe to monitor has been changed.
- Brought back the Oculus Home system tray icon for when Home is minimized.
- Fixed an issue with minimzing apps.
- Other bugfixes which should make OTT use a little less CPU.

UPDATE 04/30
Version 0.86 is now public. Grab it from http://bit.ly/2XVXMnA
Changelog version 0.86.0

- Added option to mirror Oculus Home.
- Added Profile option to minimze the running game to the task bar.
- Added option to set 2D FOV multiplier. See the User Guide for more info.
- Added Oculus Homeless, by EmuVR developer and Reddit user NeoZeroo. I expanded a bit on NeoZeroo's
  code and added an option to play some background music while using Homeless. Check out NeoZeroo's
  Reddit post and the OTT User Guide for more info.
  https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/8uf1sm/oculushomeless_use_dash_without_home_20/
- Added option to restart the Oculus service when the computer wakes up from sleep. This helps with poor tracking
  after sleep.
- Oculus Tray Tool system tray icon now always visible.
- Opting to remove all settings during uninstall now also removes any "Start with Windows" settings,
  e.g from the "Run" key in the registry or the scheduled task if that was the selected option.
- Fixed as issue where the same game icon would appear for different games in the Library.
- Fixed an issue with the "Send Home to tray" options.
- Fixed an issue where the OTT tray icon right-click menu choices for audio switching did not work as expected.
- Fixed a problem where the audioswitcher would stop working due to a driver update or device unplugg/insert that
  would cause the device id's to change.
- Removed the Oculus Home icon in the system tray that was previously shown when Oculus Home was sent to the system tray by OTT.
  Home is now restored using the right-click menu of the Oculus Tray Tool system tray icon.
- Individual voice commands can now again be enabled/disabled
- The 'USB Selectve Suspend' option is no longer tied to the selected power plan and now only affect Rift devices.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the timer for the Timer-based profiles to start on
  OTT start instead of when Home was started.
- Lowered the tickrate of the timer for Timer-based profiles as it was a bit too short,
  causing an unnecessarily high cpu load when having a lot of profiles set to Timer as
  detection method.

UPDATE 02/05
0.85.4 is here. Grab it from http://bit.ly/2DaFuGt
As always, thank you to all the testers for helping out! If you find any issues or have
suggestions don't hesitate to ping me here on the forums or at ApollyonVR@gmail.com.

Changelog version 0.85.4

- Added option to manually include apps that OTT is ignoring. See "Ignored Apps" in the User Guide for more info.
- Added Oculus install path as default Library path if no paths are returned from the Registry.
- Fixed an issue where multiple Library paths could be written as one, causing no apps to be found as that creates
  an invalid path. If OTT finds any incorrectly formated paths it will try to retrieve the paths again and notify
  the user in the Log window and ott.log. Any manually added paths must be manually re-added on the Advanced tab.
- Fixed an issue where not all games where visible in the list of games when replacing icons.
- Fixed an issue where profiles for Third-Party apps could not be edited from the Library.
- Fixed an issue that would cause profiles to not be detected on first launch if OTT was also set to launch Home on start.

UPDATE 2019-01-20
0.85.3 is here. Grab it from http://bit.ly/2AWEgOL

Changelog version 0.85.3

- AudioSwitcher now accepts having no devices set as fallback.
- Fixed an exception thrown when trying to set "Start with with Windows".
- Tweaking how USB Suspend is being set/get.

UPDATE 2019-01-18
0.85.2 is now here. Get it at http://bit.ly/2sC2mKk

I hope this version solves all reported issues. I will put it on the auto updater in a few days unless i get reports of any serious issues, so treat this as a "kinda-beta". As always, ping me if you find anything broken. MANY MANY thanks to the tireless beta testers such as @Slochy, Brian H, Ben, /u/scarystuff, @ATP-Flo, @71st_Mastiff, @Rosgillies, @Remmer_G and every other tester i forgot to mention. Thanks Guys!

Note: If you are using the AudioSwitcher you must reset it's settings. Click 'Configure' on the Tray Tool tab, then click the 'Reset' button and set up your options again. See the User Guide for more info.

Changelog version 0.85.2

- Fixed an issue that caused OTT to take a very long time to start.
- Fixed OTT preventing Windows shutdown if a profile was previously loaded.
- Fixed an issue that caused OTT to detect the same game launch twice.
- Fixed the Edit button for Voice Commands becoming disabled.
- Fixed an issue where OTT would throw an error when clicking the "Edit" button for Voice Commands twice in a row.
- Fixed list of available Voice Commands being blank if "Use Voice Commands" was not ticket.
- Fixed Third-Party/non-Home games (like Steam games) not showing up in the OTT Library or the Game list when creating a Profile.
- Fixed using "Hide app in Library and Profiles" from the Library view not actually hiding app in profiles Game list.
- Fixed manual update incorrectly throwing an error about internet connection not being available.
- Fixed and issue with Third-Party/non-Home games not being detected on start.
- Fixed a "minimize on start" issue.
- Added option to disable automatic update checking.
- Uninstaller now asks to delete all settings and databases.
- User Guide updated, please read it.

Comments

• z1rconiumz1rconium Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Interesting. Now if only Oculus would add ASW settings to the CLI, would be helpful as I have the feeling it is disabled in the steam version of DiRT rally, when I enable it in the debugtool it is fluid. 
  • maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,778
    Project 2501
    edited January 2017
    @ApollyonVR Great work man but do you have a link to download your app?

Also I don't have the following settings in my Registry???

Fresco Registry Tweaks [Enabled] [Disabled] (greyed out if not running Fresco drivers)
      Enabled to set the below registry keys that might help with performance of the Inateck card.
      Disabled to revert back to default.
      Thanks to reddit user Nick3DvB for finding these. https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/5j21cd/a_plea_for_oculus_to_put_together_some_resources/

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FLxHCIc\Parameters
      "U1U2LowPower"=dword:00000000 (default 00000001)
      "BulkInRingBuffers"=dword:00000256 (default 00000048)

Mine is like that

I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 4770k@4.3, 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,111
    Wintermute
    Ok, really great and useful. I can't find a link into your post to download your tool, I'm ready to test it, even if I don't have the Fresco card and drivers, the remaining options still pretty interesting :)

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

• AwacsAwacs Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Same problems on my PC, Fresco Card + Fresco Drivers.

Would be nice to test your tool.

• ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 346
    Trinity
    maxpare79, if the keys don't exists just create them as DWORD and assign them the specific values and reboot.

Trinity
    Will fix a few more things in the tool and PM you guys a link to test it before i post a public link.
    Project 2501
    @ApollyonVR thx would love to test run it as well
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 4770k@4.3, 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
  • SuperTuckSuperTuck Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    Looking forward to it. The pixel density per app is genius.
    Trinity
    maxpare79, SuperTuck, i have PM'd you with a link. Thanks!
  • DibelabbesDibelabbes Posts: 79
    Hiro Protagonist
    Wow, this is awesome. Especially that you have implemented per application profiles. I would like to test it as well if possible (I had already applied the fixes from reddit).
  • 7shane77shane7 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    put me forward to test it as well please mate im having a nightmare with mine atm :(
  • dannemandanneman Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    I would love to try out your tool as well! :-)
  • ThmoasThmoas Posts: 317
    Trinity
    Dude you can't tease us and then never post a link to download or any expections for when to expect it.
    Project 2501
    He wants a few people to try it first before receiving tons of bug reports from tons of different users...understandable, 
  • ThmoasThmoas Posts: 317
    Trinity
    I accept that of course! If I'm one of the testers :D
    Trinity
    @Thmoas @danneman, i PM'ed you a link, let me know how it works for you.

Cheers!
  • l0b0l0b0 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Nice work! Please send me link to OculusTrayTool
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,572 Valuable Player
    edited January 2017
    He can only hack one pc at a time. Be patient guys, there's no point installing back doors on everyones pc's at once...

Jk
    Looks good though.
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,988
    3Jane
    nice job
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
  • NayanakNayanak Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    interested in testing this out myself aswell
  • SuperTuckSuperTuck Posts: 119
    Art3mis
    Works good.
  • dannemandanneman Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    edited January 2017
    This tool is awesome. I love it! So convient to have supersampling profiles, and a easy way to restart the Oculus Service to get rid of the infamous 4-sensor-laggy-hands glitch. You should share it on reddit.com/r/oculus :-)
  • vermadasvermadas Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    I would like to try this out also. Great work!
  • ragesaqragesaq Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    I would love to have the oculus traytool!
  • Everlasting1Everlasting1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Add me to the test list! :)
  • iTsLiKeAnEgGiTsLiKeAnEgG Posts: 21
    NerveGear
    Please send me a link as well! Application based profiles sounds great. 
  • OziOziOiOiOziOziOiOi Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    So many inconveniences solved! Sign me up too, please.
  • MarcBushidoMarcBushido Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Hi I would love to try this out.  Would really appreciate a link!  Thanks
  • dougchismdougchism Posts: 127
    Art3mis
    I would also like to try this out. 

Trinity
    I've updated the original post with a download link. Thanks again to everyone who helped me test it!