Oculus Tray Tool
current version: 0.86.6What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at [email protected]
Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze
over at http://headsoft.com.au)
, replace icons for your games and more.
It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.
If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide
pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.
Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. :-)
The very nice people over at Guru3d.com have been kind enough to host some mirrors for the setups, so make sure to pay them a visit!
The in-app updater was failing to download the new verison due to a change in dropbox. I've fixed that now so in-app updates should work again.
I might also have messed up the version numbers, so the version number that is displayed in the new version is 0.86.5.2 instead of 0.86.5.1.
But all is well, just me sleeping on the job. Quarantine makes me a bit soft..
(displayed as 0.86.5.2
is now available for testing. Grab it from any of the below links.
Ping me if you find anything broken. Stay safe and practice social distancing
Changelog version 0.86.5.1
- Fixed an issue where browing for a game to add as a profile would not enable the OK button to actually add the profile.
- Fixed an issue where the "45 Hz forced" ASW setting would not activate properly.
- Fixed an issue with "Minimize Home on start" was not working and caused issues.
over at http://www.headsoft.com.au
has updated his Steam Import feature and has been super awesome
and updated OTT with the new code. So check that out on the Advanced tab, "Steam Library - View & Import" if you
want an easy way to bulk import Steam games into Oculus Home. And make sure to swing by his site and check out his other work!
is now available for testing. Will put it on the autoupdater in a bit unless i recieve bugreports. Get it from the below links.
Changelog version 0.86.5.0
- Added some more ASW settings.
- Added option to Enable/Disable Adaptive GPU Scaling. There is a Global setting as well as an option in the Profiles.
Some games might run better with GPU Scaling turned off.
- Changed the FOV Multiplier option to allow setting Horizontal and Vertical values separately.
- Added option to edit multiple profiles at once.
- Added option to delete multiple profiles at once.
- Added option to create profiles for all available games/apps. These profiles will be created with identical settings.
- Fixed some bugs.
Version 0.86.4 is now available for everyone. Sorry this one took so long to get out, hope you find it useful.
As always, if you find anything broken or have suggestions for new stuff, just ping me here or at [email protected]
Changelog version 0.86.4.0
- The Power Plan set in OTT is now enforced, meaning OTT will automatically switch back to this plan if it detects
that the current plan is changed by an outside source.
- Added separate options for setting default communications devices.
- Added "Use current default" as option for Fallback devices. This will store whatever devices are currently default
when OTT starts and use these as fallback.
- Fixed an issue with the "Send Home to tray on Start" option.
- Fixed an issue where having no enabled audio devices caused problems in the startup sequence.
- Fixed an issue with the "Launch App with options" option in Profiles.
- Added more options for devices in the AudioSwitcher, instead of OTT just switching to Rift.
Should help ppl with Quest Link to set that up as device for OTT to switch to.
Changelog version 0.86.3.1
- The manual .exe selection buttons on the "Create New Profile" window has been merged into
one single button. With this you can manually select a game .exe to monitor and update the
exe/path for an existing profile.
* If a game has already been selected in the drop-down list, this button will simply update
the game .exe path that OTT will monitor.
* If a game has not been selected, this button will again let you browse for a game .exe but
will also set the profile game name to the name of the exe you select.
- Fixed the system tray right-click menu option for switching between Rift and Fallback audio devices.
If either the Audio or Mic fallback devices was not set, OTT would not switch to any device, even
the one that was known (e.g. either Audio or Mic). This should now be fixed and OTT should switch
to the known Fallback device, even if one of them is not known/set.
- All profiles can now have custom names, just set whatever name you want in the "Game/App" box
either when creating a profile or when editing an existing profile.
- Profiles that have been created by manually selecting a .exe no longer appears in the drop-down
of available games. Previously only games that had been selected from the drop-down was detected
and removed form the list.
- FoV Multiplier now only affects a game/app's native mirror.
- The option to mirror Oculus Home now ignores the FoV Multiplier value as that messed up the window.
- Added a "Forced" option in Profiles for how to handle the mirror window. If a game/app for some
reason does not natively mirror to desktop this setting will launch the OuclusMirror app.
Using "Forced" as mirror option also ignores the FoV multiplier. Using "Forced" when a game/app
has a native mirror will cause multiple mirror windows and have "unforeseen consequences"..
- Other buggfixes.