Oculus Tray Tool
current version: 0.86.3.1What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at [email protected]
Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze
over at http://headsoft.com.au
), replace icons for your games and more.
It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.
If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide
pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.
Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. :-)
is now available for download. Will be on the auto-updater in a few days
unless someone finds something that breaks the space-time continuum or similar.
(on google drive, a bit slow)
Changelog version 0.86.3.1
- The manual .exe selection buttons on the "Create New Profile" window has been merged into
one single button. With this you can manually select a game .exe to monitor and update the
exe/path for an existing profile.
* If a game has already been selected in the drop-down list, this button will simply update
the game .exe path that OTT will monitor.
* If a game has not been selected, this button will again let you browse for a game .exe but
will also set the profile game name to the name of the exe you select.
- Fixed the system tray right-click menu option for switching between Rift and Fallback audio devices.
If either the Audio or Mic fallback devices was not set, OTT would not switch to any device, even
the one that was known (e.g. either Audio or Mic). This should now be fixed and OTT should switch
to the known Fallback device, even if one of them is not known/set.
- All profiles can now have custom names, just set whatever name you want in the "Game/App" box
either when creating a profile or when editing an existing profile.
- Profiles that have been created by manually selecting a .exe no longer appears in the drop-down
of available games. Previously only games that had been selected from the drop-down was detected
and removed form the list.
- FoV Multiplier now only affects a game/app's native mirror.
- The option to mirror Oculus Home now ignores the FoV Multiplier value as that messed up the window.
- Added a "Forced" option in Profiles for how to handle the mirror window. If a game/app for some
reason does not natively mirror to desktop this setting will launch the OuclusMirror app.
Using "Forced" as mirror option also ignores the FoV multiplier. Using "Forced" when a game/app
has a native mirror will cause multiple mirror windows and have "unforeseen consequences"..
- Other buggfixes.
If anyone is having issues with games not being detected when the game uses a launcher (like Elite, iRacing etc.) i have a new build that hopefulyl fixes that.
Also, this build should fix issues with weird barrel/fish-eye view when mirroring Oculus Home, and also multiple mirror windows.
So just ping me and i'll get you the new build to test out.
I am aware that profiles where the game as a Launcher (Onward for example) might not be detected/applied properly. I am working on a fix.
I am also aware that the "Mirror FoV Multiplier" option might not play nice when mirroring Oculus Home. I'm looking into that as well.
Changelog version 0.86.3
- Added "Default" option for CPU Priority in Profiles. Setting Default will make OTT not touch CPU Prio at all.
Any other value will cause OTT to set that priority, even if the process is already running with the same priority.
- Added function in the database consistency check that fixes incorrect values for Mirror Home. The missing values
would cause an error when editing profiles.
- Added AudioSwitcher option to choose if Rift/Fallback should also be Default Communication device.
- Fixed incorrect device names in the AudioSwitcher. This fix might require you to reset and set it up again.
- Database consistency check is now always run on startup.
- Log Window tab title now displays number of new entries since last selected.
- Added universal "Exit app" command. This can be bound to any key, using the Hotkeys feature, to kill the
currently running VR app. It will also kill any child process started by the monitored process and any parent
process that owns the monitored process, as long as that parent is not 'Steam', 'Explorer' or 'OVRServer_x64'.
- Added more options to enable voice commands. This is needed for the Custom Voice Commands feature comming in
a future release. You can now enable voice commands using your voice, a key on the keyboard or a button on a
joystick/wheel. You can also select to press the key/use your voice once to enable and again to disable, or
use Push-To-Talk. See the user guide for more info.
- Moved some options around.
- More buggfixes.