Oculus Tray Tool
current version: 0.86.3What is it?
In short; It’s a free application that helps you get the most out of your Rift. It is developed by me, ApollyonVR, with the support of the community for beta testing. Please note that this application is not an official piece software from Oculus, I am not affiliated with Oculus in any way. Any issues you
have with this application should be reported to me and not Oculus support. You can reach me here on the forums or by contacting me at [email protected]
Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) has many features that will hopefully help you get the very best VR experience. It has options that help you automatically switch audio and microphone to the Rift and back, handle the Oculus runtime service, voice commands, batch import Steam games (added to OTT by the awesome @headkaze
over at http://headsoft.com.au
), replace icons for your games and more.
It’s primary feature however, is the ability to create “Profiles” for you VR Games and apps.
Within these Profiles, you set how Asyncronous SpaceWarp (ASW) should act, increase the perceived resolution by using Supersampling and increase the CPU Priority of a given app to get the most juice out of your system for that specific application.
Once a Profile has been created for a game or app, OTT will detect when it is started and apply the
profile for it, without the need for taking your headset of.
If you want to have a peek at all the things OTT can do for you before installing the application, check the User Guide
pdf. The latest version of this application will always be right below this intro, but the app also checks for available updates on startup.
Enjoy, have fun and please report any issues, suggestion or feature requests to me using the above mentioned methods. Oh, and feel free to buy me a coffee by using the PayPal button in-app. :-)
If anyone is having issues with games not being detected when the game uses a launcher (like Elite, iRacing etc.) i have a new build that hopefulyl fixes that.
Also, this build should fix issues with weird barrel/fish-eye view when mirroring Oculus Home, and also multiple mirror windows.
So just ping me and i'll get you the new build to test out.
I am aware that profiles where the game as a Launcher (Onward for example) might not be detected/applied properly. I am working on a fix.
I am also aware that the "Mirror FoV Multiplier" option might not play nice when mirroring Oculus Home. I'm looking into that as well.
Changelog version 0.86.3
- Added "Default" option for CPU Priority in Profiles. Setting Default will make OTT not touch CPU Prio at all.
Any other value will cause OTT to set that priority, even if the process is already running with the same priority.
- Added function in the database consistency check that fixes incorrect values for Mirror Home. The missing values
would cause an error when editing profiles.
- Added AudioSwitcher option to choose if Rift/Fallback should also be Default Communication device.
- Fixed incorrect device names in the AudioSwitcher. This fix might require you to reset and set it up again.
- Database consistency check is now always run on startup.
- Log Window tab title now displays number of new entries since last selected.
- Added universal "Exit app" command. This can be bound to any key, using the Hotkeys feature, to kill the
currently running VR app. It will also kill any child process started by the monitored process and any parent
process that owns the monitored process, as long as that parent is not 'Steam', 'Explorer' or 'OVRServer_x64'.
- Added more options to enable voice commands. This is needed for the Custom Voice Commands feature comming in
a future release. You can now enable voice commands using your voice, a key on the keyboard or a button on a
joystick/wheel. You can also select to press the key/use your voice once to enable and again to disable, or
use Push-To-Talk. See the user guide for more info.
- Moved some options around.
- More buggfixes.
UPDATE 2 07/04
is now available. Get it at http://bit.ly/2Jqpe7j
Changelog version 0.86.2
- Fixed a bug that could cause settings like ASW, CPU Priority and SS to be applied multiple times.
- Added right-click options to Log window for clearing log window and opening the ott.log.
- Fixed OTT hanging on startup with Oculus 1.39.
For SteamVR users; If you want to use OTT for super sampling, try setting SteamVR custom resolution to 100% and
also any in-game resolution/supersamplig to 100%. Setting both should allow OTT to be the boss over supersampling,
although my tests show that setting just in-game SS to 100% is usually enough. Depends a bit on the game i suppose.
To set SteamVR resolution to 100%:
Steam -> Start SteamVR -> Right-click the VR icon in the system
tray -> Settings -> Applications -> Set the slider to 100%
It looks like Oculus has removed the USB Selective Suspend options from the debug tool in version 1.39, causing the debug tool to hang
when trying to set those options. The options also seems to be removed in 1.38, but here the command properly throws an error and
exits, letting OTT startup as it should. I'm working on a fix for this.
Version 0.86.1 is now public for all to enjoy. Get it at http://bit.ly/2Xftm3W
As always; please ping me here, on the Oculus forums or via email at [email protected] if you find
bugs or have suggestions on stuff to add or change.
Changelog version 0.86.1.2
- Added option to restart the Oculus service when the PC wakes from sleep.
This can help with resetting sensors that can otherwise lag out. (was also in previous build but i forgot to add it to the release notes)
- Added option to configure hotkeys.
- Voice recognitions is now properly initilized using the current Display Language in Windows.
If no language pack that matches the display language is found, voice recognition will fail with an error similar to:
Voice recognition initialization failed: No recognizer of the required ID found
Visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27224 to see if a language pack for your language is available,
then install it and restart OTT, and voice recognition should now be intilized in that language.
- Fixed an issue where having a lot of WMI profiles would cause a crash in the AppWatcher.
- Fixed a bug related to displaynames.
- Added Blue color as titles text color in the LIbrary. This is used if the displayname for the game is found in Profiles,
but the path doesn't match. So Blue means the game probably has a profile, but the .exe to monitor has been changed.
- Brought back the Oculus Home system tray icon for when Home is minimized.
- Fixed an issue with minimzing apps.
- Other bugfixes.
Changelog version 0.86.0
- Added option to mirror Oculus Home.
- Added Profile option to minimze the running game to the task bar.
- Added option to set 2D FOV multiplier. See the User Guide for more info.
- Added Oculus Homeless, by EmuVR developer and Reddit user NeoZeroo. I expanded a bit on NeoZeroo's
code and added an option to play some background music while using Homeless. Check out NeoZeroo's
Reddit post and the OTT User Guide for more info. https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/8uf1sm/oculushomeless_use_dash_without_home_20/
- Added option to restart the Oculus service when the computer wakes up from sleep. This helps with poor tracking
- Oculus Tray Tool system tray icon now always visible.
- Opting to remove all settings during uninstall now also removes any "Start with Windows" settings,
e.g from the "Run" key in the registry or the scheduled task if that was the selected option.
- Fixed as issue where the same game icon would appear for different games in the Library.
- Fixed an issue with the "Send Home to tray" options.
- Fixed an issue where the OTT tray icon right-click menu choices for audio switching did not work as expected.
- Fixed a problem where the audioswitcher would stop working due to a driver update or device unplugg/insert that
would cause the device id's to change.
- Removed the Oculus Home icon in the system tray that was previously shown when Oculus Home was sent to the system tray by OTT.
Home is now restored using the right-click menu of the Oculus Tray Tool system tray icon.
- Individual voice commands can now again be enabled/disabled
- The 'USB Selectve Suspend' option is no longer tied to the selected power plan and now only affect Rift devices.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the timer for the Timer-based profiles to start on
OTT start instead of when Home was started.
- Lowered the tickrate of the timer for Timer-based profiles as it was a bit too short,
causing an unnecessarily high cpu load when having a lot of profiles set to Timer as
is here. Grab it from http://bit.ly/2DaFuGt
As always, thank you to all the testers for helping out! If you find any issues or have
suggestions don't hesitate to ping me here on the forums or at [email protected]
Changelog version 0.85.4
- Added option to manually include apps that OTT is ignoring. See "Ignored Apps" in the User Guide for more info.
- Added Oculus install path as default Library path if no paths are returned from the Registry.
- Fixed an issue where multiple Library paths could be written as one, causing no apps to be found as that creates
an invalid path. If OTT finds any incorrectly formated paths it will try to retrieve the paths again and notify
the user in the Log window and ott.log. Any manually added paths must be manually re-added on the Advanced tab.
- Fixed an issue where not all games where visible in the list of games when replacing icons.
- Fixed an issue where profiles for Third-Party apps could not be edited from the Library.
- Fixed an issue that would cause profiles to not be detected on first launch if OTT was also set to launch Home on start.
Changelog version 0.85.3
- AudioSwitcher now accepts having no devices set as fallback.
- Fixed an exception thrown when trying to set "Start with with Windows".
- Tweaking how USB Suspend is being set/get.
is now here. Get it at http://bit.ly/2sC2mKk
I hope this version solves all reported issues. I will put it on the auto updater in a few days unless i get reports of any serious issues, so treat this as a "kinda-beta". As always, ping me if you find anything broken. MANY MANY thanks to the tireless beta testers such as @Slochy
, Brian H, Ben, /u/scarystuff, @ATP-Flo
and every other tester i forgot to mention. Thanks Guys!
Note: If you are using the AudioSwitcher you must reset it's settings. Click 'Configure' on the Tray Tool tab, then click the 'Reset' button and set up your options again. See the User Guide for more info.
Changelog version 0.85.2
- Fixed an issue that caused OTT to take a very long time to start.
- Fixed OTT preventing Windows shutdown if a profile was previously loaded.
- Fixed an issue that caused OTT to detect the same game launch twice.
- Fixed the Edit button for Voice Commands becoming disabled.
- Fixed an issue where OTT would throw an error when clicking the "Edit" button for Voice Commands twice in a row.
- Fixed list of available Voice Commands being blank if "Use Voice Commands" was not ticket.
- Fixed Third-Party/non-Home games (like Steam games) not showing up in the OTT Library or the Game list when creating a Profile.
- Fixed using "Hide app in Library and Profiles" from the Library view not actually hiding app in profiles Game list.
- Fixed manual update incorrectly throwing an error about internet connection not being available.
- Fixed and issue with Third-Party/non-Home games not being detected on start.
- Fixed a "minimize on start" issue.
- Added option to disable automatic update checking.
- Uninstaller now asks to delete all settings and databases.
- User Guide updated, please read it.