Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully) - Page 28 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• Drail636Drail636 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Not sure if this is were I post. Have a question every time i start up OTT is get an error message witch says "Failed to open manifest file: Could not find part of the path 'C:\Manifests'." Same goes foe trying to add STeam VR to Oculus Home. Says" Unhandled exception has occured in your application. if you click Continue the application will ignore error and attempt to to continue.If you click Quit the application will close immediately. Then i click continue and and hit "Add Steam VR" button and am prompted with Could not find missing path error message again. any help would be super appreciated. 
  • RuneSR2RuneSR2 Posts: 3,127 Valuable Player
    Sorry for being afk, still recovering from the flu and trying to catch up on my regular work. I will be releasing a new version after new years hopefully, and i will answer all PM's when i get the chance.

@vannagirl @RuneSR2 Try renaming or deleting the C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\ApollyonVR folder, then startup OTT again and see if that solves it. This folder contains many of the user settings and resetting these might solve your issue. In the next version you will be able to reset all settings to default from the gui.

Cheers!
    It worked like a charm, all my profiles are back and my settings are still intact, well at least about 90% of them. 
    I just sent you €10 (from Runesr2 - I could not write any comment, I used the donation option in OTT) - so cheers from here!
    Intel i7 7700K (4.5 GHz); MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming X (oc 2100 MHz gpu boost, 11 GHz mem speed); 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz; MSI Z270I Gaming Pro Carbon AC (VR-Ready) mainboard; Samsung 960 Evo M.2 SSD + Toshiba P300 HD; Windows 10 OS; Valve Index and Oculus Rift CV1 - the latter nearly always using super sampling 2.0. 

"Ask not what VR can do for you – ask what you can do for VR"
  • DiikDastardlyDiikDastardly Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    May or may not have been answered but this thread is LONG lol.  While playing a game I will hear the app say "game started activating profile" or whatever the correct verbage.  This might happen once or multiple times during a game.  Its random which games it does this too.
  • OculusRifiOculusRifi Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hello, i have just downloaded the oculus tray tool since everybody recommended it but when i try to start it i get "Oculus tray tool starting up, please wait" on lower right corner of my desktop.
    i can check and uncheck settings inside the tray tool such as "minimize tools on X" or "use audio switcher" but it wont safe the settings
    Also, my mouse icon changes into blue rotating ring inside the tray tool 
    I have already tried run as administrator 
    i also have found people with similar problem as mine in this thread but found no solution for it
    is there anyway to run it properly? i have attached my ott.log, hopefully it can help
    Thank you
    ott.log 22.7K
  • bkriegerbkrieger Posts: 53
    Brain Burst
    edited December 2017
    I have the Inateck USB card with the Fresno drivers, and under devices in Oculus home, there is a message saying USB drivers need to be updated. I have the latest Fesno Drivers and I’m using the tray tool. 
    How do I get rid of this driver message?
  • MA_GoblinMA_Goblin Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    bkrieger said:
    I have the Inateck USB card with the Fresno drivers, and under devices in Oculus home, there is a message saying USB drivers need to be updated. I have the latest Fesno Drivers and I’m using the tray tool. 
    I don't know if it's the best way or the correct way but I uninstalled the Fresco drivers and let Windows 10 update the drivers and now all is green and everything works.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,608 Valuable Player
    MA_Goblin said:
    bkrieger said:
    I don't know if it's the best way or the correct way but I uninstalled the Fresco drivers and let Windows 10 update the drivers and now all is green and everything works.

I am with you there. When I updated to the Public Test Channel for Rift Core 2.0 I got that message as well, tried to install some later Fresco drivers but somehow that failed and Windows installed their Fresco drivers dated Dec 7th of this year.

My Oculus and sensors have been nothing but smooth sailing since, in fact I would say my tracking is slightly improved even over what I had previously. So I just let it be.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • bkriegerbkrieger Posts: 53
    Brain Burst
    I got it working, but only by using the Microsoft drivers and not the Fresno drivers. I read that the tray tool works best with the Fresno drivers, but those gave me error messages and disconnects. I’ll keep the Microsoft drivers since it’s working.

Thanks
  • GeekyGamiGeekyGami Posts: 105
    Art3mis
    edited January 2018
    Hi, I've found a fix to a problem I've had trying to run this for a great long while.
    Posting here so others see it, please make it as obvious to find as possible.

Issue: Hanging on "OTT Starting Up, Please Wait"

Alright, so to start off, the issue here is simple.

I'm on a normal account.
    I don't use my admin account straight up as a security measure.

Figured out the reason that OTT hanged was because of the debugger.
    It could not find the server, (which I figured out was OVRServer64.Exe)

because it was running form the normal account, and it looked for it on the admin account.

So, to fix this, I stopped the whole OVR Server service.

I went into an admin CMD, typed Services.MSC

Found Oculus Runtime, right-clicked, went to properties. Went to logon tab, set it to logon as administrator.

Started it up,
    started up OVRServer64.Exe as admin, and voila,

I can now start Oculus Tray Tool properly.

Edit: You will now need to start up VR applications as admin for them to be seen by the server.
    OculusClient will also think you never used it. Migrate its local files to admin account, or go through login and skipping setup like a responsible adult again.
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 371
    Trinity
    edited January 2018
    @GeekyGami Great info! Will also do some testing and put together some info in the user guide for next release.
    Haven't had time to play around much with that issue, so thanks for helping out!

Cheers!
  • rjnmd70rjnmd70 Posts: 16
    NerveGear

Tried installing the 82.1 version and am including two screenshots here. Tool doesn't run and the service seems to be hanging.

Trinity
    @rjnmd70 Try renaming/deleting the C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\ApollyonVR folder and see if it works better after that.

Cheers!

• dweddd222dweddd222 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    DOESNT disable ASW in project cars 2 I run it from steam with the play with oculus vr option chosen...And space warp is still active however, despite I set it globally to off and per profile as well for it. Still pressing CTRL + 1 does evidently turn it off but one off only, i want it off permanently. I also have oculus home set to run as admin and updated to the latest beta.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 2,608 Valuable Player
    dweddd222 said:
    DOESNT disable ASW in project cars 2 I run it from steam with the play with oculus vr option chosen...And space warp is still active however, despite I set it globally to off and per profile as well for it. Still pressing CTRL + 1 does evidently turn it off but one off only, i want it off permanently. I also have oculus home set to run as admin and updated to the latest beta.

Is Oculus Home running whilst you are playing Project Cars?
    Believe it needs to be for the OTT to apply the settings.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case|
  • GeekyGamiGeekyGami Posts: 105
    Art3mis
    edited January 2018
    dburne said:
    Is Oculus Home running whilst you are playing Project Cars?
    Believe it needs to be for the OTT to apply the settings.
    I can confirm that Home does not need to be on for the setting to be applied.

You basically need any program that is currently using your Rift to be on, and then you restart the service, and the change should have taken effect.

Either that, or it works on and off.. But I know I had an issue like that with the debugger originally, so it's definitely more of an issue with that than it is an issue with OTT.

Source: I've renamed OculusVR.Exe to something else to prevent it from starting. It is a ram whore that has no utility to me, when I can just start things from my desktop manually.

.. especially considering that Dash is still in Beta.
  • elboelbo Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    When using the tray tool I get ghosting in certain games...if I don't use tray tool and set the oculus debug tool to the same settings (pd;1.2, asw 45fps) I do not get the ghosting. 
  • FormelLMSFormelLMS Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Hi,
    at first many thanks for this program. I really appreciate it.
    But one question: I've seen hotkeys for enabling and disabling the performance HUD in the rift. But it seems, they are not working here.
    Could you please help me? I really love to have the function to see the fps ingame sometimes but can switch it off without leaving the game.
  • danielsnichollsdanielsnicholls Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    is it possible to Super Sample the Home/Dash ?
  • AndregeeAndregee Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited January 2018
    I have a strange problem. I don't find profiles of Steam Games in the OTT. Crazier than that, I can't add any. If I browse to an exe, it is then not found under the profiles. Deleting the appdata folder did not help
    Trinity
    @Andregee Might be that the config.xml file cannot be written to. If you could send me that file along with the ott.log file i'll have a look. Also, third-party games do not show up by default unless they are added to Home first. To do that, simply have Oculus Home open when you launch the game and it should be picked up by the Oculus client and added to Home.

Cheers!
  • FormelLMSFormelLMS Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    No hotkeys for performance HUD?
  • AndregeeAndregee Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited January 2018
    @Andregee Might be that the config.xml file cannot be written to. If you could send me that file along with the ott.log file i'll have a look. Also, third-party games do not show up by default unless they are added to Home first. To do that, simply have Oculus Home open when you launch the game and it should be picked up by the Oculus client and added to Home.

Cheers!
    I have to say that it worked till yesterday and what i don´t unterstand, even after using a backup from december or November, the issue is still  there now

Here are the files.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuYcx2IKUBpJgP467eW13EaskGilBw

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuYcx2IKUBpJgP42VHXrciOYpIRK7w

Thank you for your 
  • HeyJesseAeHeyJesseAe Posts: 4
    NerveGear

OTT's speech commands were working perfectly for several days after setup. While testing titles, several times per game I'd have the OTT bring up overlays with the function. However, with seemingly no prompt, OTT speech commands have stopped working whatsoever.

Things I have tried or believe noteworthy:

1. Cortana still works just fine.

2. Restarted computer.

3. Restarted Oculus Services.

4. Restarted OTT.

5. Reinstalled OTT.

6. Disabled and re-enabled OTT speech commands.

7. Made sure that the Rift mic was default.

8. Tried it with other mics.

It's just not working and I can't understand why. I can't imagine it being caused by my hand given the above.

Trinity
    @Andregee I've sent you a PM with some stuff to try.
    @HeyJesseAe ; The speech recognition might be a bit "flakey" depending on OS version. I am using the built-in API's that are shipped with Windows (not Cortana) and they might differ depending on Windows version and language installed. I have it on my ToDo list to try and improve it. In the mean time you can check the user guide and find the section regarding training for voice commands, and even if you have done it you can try and run that wizard again and see if it improves things. You can also send me the ott.log and i'll have a look and see if perhaps there is something that goes wrong when initilzing the voice engine.

Cheers!
    Trinity
    Just found that in the latest Oculus updates (at least in the 1.22 beta), Oculus have moved the location of the third-party manifests. They no longer reside with the rest of the games, which causes them to not show up in OTT. I will need to add a fix for this, but the new version is still a bit away. Might push a small update to the current version just to fix this issue.
  • PelochePeloche Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hi,

At first thanks and congrats ApollyonVR for your Tray Tool.

I'm just starting Oculus VR with Rift, i've installed all with the beta and OTT.

My problem is that i don't want to use a display when configs will be OK and for the time being i need it only to confirm the opening of Oculus Tray Tool.exe, i've tried a lot of things but confirmation is always needed and i don't know what to do anymore.

My conf is the following:

AsRock DeskMini GTX 1060

i7-7700 3,6 GHz
    32 Go Ram
    NVMe 250 Go 

Windows 10 Professional x64
    Version 1709 - 16299.192

Oculus Beta 2.0 (i don't find the version)

Thanks for your help
  • HeyJesseAeHeyJesseAe Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    @ApollyonVR Thanks for the feedback on fixing OTT Speech Recognition. I'll give it a try this weekend most likely. I'll also see about shooting you the ott.log. Is there a preferred method for sending you that?

Also, for the record, I'm on Windows 10 version 10.0.16299 Build 16299. My language is English (United States). I've done the wizard multiple times during the troubleshooting process.

Thanks!
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,112
    Wintermute
    Peloche said:
    Hi,

At first thanks and congrats ApollyonVR for your Tray Tool.

I'm just starting Oculus VR with Rift, i've installed all with the beta and OTT.

My problem is that i don't want to use a display when configs will be OK and for the time being i need it only to confirm the opening of Oculus Tray Tool.exe, i've tried a lot of things but confirmation is always needed and i don't know what to do anymore.

My conf is the following:

AsRock DeskMini GTX 1060

i7-7700 3,6 GHz
    32 Go Ram
    NVMe 250 Go 

Windows 10 Professional x64
    Version 1709 - 16299.192

Oculus Beta 2.0 (i don't find the version)

Thanks for your help

I'm not 100% sure you are speaking about the confirmation window you see each time you launch OTT or any programs requiring Admin Rights, but if this is it here a way to avoid it : http://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-elevated-shortcut-run-programs-bypass-uac

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

• qpHRGqpqpHRGqp Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Just found that in the latest Oculus updates (at least in the 1.22 beta), Oculus have moved the location of the third-party manifests. They no longer reside with the rest of the games, which causes them to not show up in OTT. I will need to add a fix for this, but the new version is still a bit away. Might push a small update to the current version just to fix this issue.
    Hello,
    I love your app and has made Elite Dangerous my all time favorite Game on the Rift! So always great work and much appreciated. 
    I also have this problem as quoted above and was wondering if there was any kind of patch or method to return functionality to being able to super sampling 3rd party steam games? I'm stuck with Poor Visuals at the moment.
    Log: "Super-sampling set to "0"
    Anything would be much appreciated :)
  • david.bowerydavid.bowery Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited January 2018
    Cheers for this program! It's working great for Oculus games.... I'm just having a problem adding other games. 
    If I click Browse, I can find an .exe and add it. But it never appears in the list. 

Any ideas? 

Heres what the log says..
    14/01/2018 14:59:25 System.Xml.XmlException: The 'Profiles' start tag on line 16 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'nolimits2app'. Line 55, position 7.
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
       at OculusTrayTool.rwConfig.WriteProfile(String nodename, String name, String ss, String asw, String priority, Boolean batch)   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw

Upon checking the log I also see this, which looks like an error, unrelated though.
    14/01/2018 14:53:39 GetThirdPartyApps: Could not find file 'D:\Oculus Apps\Manifests\D_Libraries_SteamLibrary_SteamApps_common_EliteDangerous_Products_elite-dangerous-64_EliteDangerous64.json'.

Update:
    Okay... I deleted the config files and got rid of that message. But upon trying to add No Limits again, it shows in the config but not in OTT