New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

Comments

• PelochePeloche Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hi,

At first thanks and congrats ApollyonVR for your Tray Tool.

I'm just starting Oculus VR with Rift, i've installed all with the beta and OTT.

My problem is that i don't want to use a display when configs will be OK and for the time being i need it only to confirm the opening of Oculus Tray Tool.exe, i've tried a lot of things but confirmation is always needed and i don't know what to do anymore.

My conf is the following:

AsRock DeskMini GTX 1060

i7-7700 3,6 GHz
    32 Go Ram
    NVMe 250 Go 

Windows 10 Professional x64
    Version 1709 - 16299.192

Oculus Beta 2.0 (i don't find the version)

Thanks for your help
  • HeyJesseAeHeyJesseAe Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    @ApollyonVR Thanks for the feedback on fixing OTT Speech Recognition. I'll give it a try this weekend most likely. I'll also see about shooting you the ott.log. Is there a preferred method for sending you that?

Also, for the record, I'm on Windows 10 version 10.0.16299 Build 16299. My language is English (United States). I've done the wizard multiple times during the troubleshooting process.

Thanks!
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 911
    3Jane
    Peloche said:
    Hi,

I'm just starting Oculus VR with Rift, i've installed all with the beta and OTT.

My problem is that i don't want to use a display when configs will be OK and for the time being i need it only to confirm the opening of Oculus Tray Tool.exe, i've tried a lot of things but confirmation is always needed and i don't know what to do anymore.

AsRock DeskMini GTX 1060

i7-7700 3,6 GHz
    32 Go Ram
    NVMe 250 Go 

Version 1709 - 16299.192

Thanks for your help

I'm not 100% sure you are speaking about the confirmation window you see each time you launch OTT or any programs requiring Admin Rights, but if this is it here a way to avoid it : http://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-elevated-shortcut-run-programs-bypass-uac

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

• qpHRGqpqpHRGqp Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Just found that in the latest Oculus updates (at least in the 1.22 beta), Oculus have moved the location of the third-party manifests. They no longer reside with the rest of the games, which causes them to not show up in OTT. I will need to add a fix for this, but the new version is still a bit away. Might push a small update to the current version just to fix this issue.
    Hello,
    I love your app and has made Elite Dangerous my all time favorite Game on the Rift! So always great work and much appreciated. 
    I also have this problem as quoted above and was wondering if there was any kind of patch or method to return functionality to being able to super sampling 3rd party steam games? I'm stuck with Poor Visuals at the moment.
    Log: "Super-sampling set to "0"
    Anything would be much appreciated :)
  • david.bowerydavid.bowery Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited January 14
    Cheers for this program! It's working great for Oculus games.... I'm just having a problem adding other games. 
    If I click Browse, I can find an .exe and add it. But it never appears in the list. 

Any ideas? 

Heres what the log says..
    14/01/2018 14:59:25 System.Xml.XmlException: The 'Profiles' start tag on line 16 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'nolimits2app'. Line 55, position 7.
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
       at OculusTrayTool.rwConfig.WriteProfile(String nodename, String name, String ss, String asw, String priority, Boolean batch)   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw

Upon checking the log I also see this, which looks like an error, unrelated though.
    14/01/2018 14:53:39 GetThirdPartyApps: Could not find file 'D:\Oculus Apps\Manifests\D_Libraries_SteamLibrary_SteamApps_common_EliteDangerous_Products_elite-dangerous-64_EliteDangerous64.json'.

Update:
    Okay... I deleted the config files and got rid of that message. But upon trying to add No Limits again, it shows in the config but not in OTT
  • PelochePeloche Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    YoLolo69 said:
    Peloche said:
    Hi,

AsRock DeskMini GTX 1060

i7-7700 3,6 GHz
    32 Go Ram
    NVMe 250 Go 

Version 1709 - 16299.192

Thanks for your help

I'm not 100% sure you are speaking about the confirmation window you see each time you launch OTT or any programs requiring Admin Rights, but if this is it here a way to avoid it : http://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-elevated-shortcut-run-programs-bypass-uac

Thanks YoLolo69 for your reply.

I've already tried your way but it doesn't change, i still get the same

http://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2018/01/15/180115104049928024.jpg
  • shitForBreakfastshitForBreakfast Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Hi, I absolutely love this tool since discovering it two weeks ago (when I got my Rift).
    I have two questions:
    1. Every time I boot my computer, I have to click yes on the grant permission pop-up dialogue box to run OTT.
      Is there any way to prevent that? I assume I always want it to boot at start-up + as Administrator.

2. I've enabled the OTT setting to view and launch SteamVR from inside Oculus Home. Does this mean that I only need to define my Super Sampling once in OTT and it will impact my Steam launched titles? Or must I also use my SteamVR Advanced Settings to modify the Super Sampling? 
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,267
    Wintermute
    edited January 16
    Hi, I absolutely love this tool since discovering it two weeks ago (when I got my Rift).
    I have two questions:
    1. Every time I boot my computer, I have to click yes on the grant permission pop-up dialogue box to run OTT.
      Is there any way to prevent that? I assume I always want it to boot at start-up + as Administrator.
    When you first set OTT to run at windows startup, you should be presented with two options. The first one (which it selects as default) is regular startup - this will give a UAC prompt each time. The second is to start as a scheduled task (this should eliminate the UAC prompt each time it starts). Tick this second option to have it start automatically without UAC prompt.
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
  • BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 1,559
    Project 2501
    edited January 20
    <deleted>

this has been sorted, thanks
    I'm an old duffer - give me a break!

Wintermute
    edited January 19
    @ApollyonVR ;

Question for ya.
    I have been running the OTT for my Rift ever since getting last year. Main reason to solve my sensor disconnects on this Innnatek USB 3.0 card, and it has worked quite well for the most part.

Past couple of months or so I have  begun having both sensor not connected and sometimes the HMD not connected. I can typically unplug them from the card and plug them back in to get them back. Does not happen during a session but will typically happen when putting the headset on and Home starting up. Kind of annoying.

I will likely order the Startech card as I understand it is better, in hopes it will help this. Before I do though I just want to run by you how I have my OTT set up for this Innatek card to make sure I don't have something wrong.

To clarify it is usually one sensor that will show not connected, and usually the same sensor.

Power Plan - High Performance ( set this plan on start ).
    USB Selective Suspend - Disabled
    Fresco Registry Tweaks - Enabled
    Disable Fresco Power Management on Start - checked.

Thanks for any input!

Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 [email protected] GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
  • HeyJesseAeHeyJesseAe Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    OTT text to speech started working out of the blue again. No idea what prompted it to return.
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 252
    Nexus 6
    @dburne ; Those settings look correct. I have also noticed i've started having USB disconnect sounds when doing non-VR stuff like playing other games for example. Not when i actually use the headset though, and not when Home start like you describe. Since we've all (probably) have had a few Windows patches and drivers updated lately, along with the Oculus 1.22 update, there might be some relation to those changes. I'm currently working to get the new version done and get support for 1.22 out do you all, but once that is done i can spend some time looking into that.

@HeyJesseAe ; Same goes for that issue. But i will take a look at it and see if i can replicate the issue but also improve the feature overall. With the 1.22 version Oculus has change a few things, so i have quite a lot of stuff i need to fix in order to get OTT working properly.

Cheers!
    Wintermute
    Many thanks ApollyonVR!
    Don

Wintermute
    Well today all has been solid as a rock with about 4 hours of gaming in - go figure lol.
    Don

• FormelLMSFormelLMS Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Sometimes I have the problem that Ctrl 3 doesn't enable the asw. Has someone had this problem, too?
  • RosgilliesRosgillies Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    Now Oculus has applied the 1.22 update whether I want it or not  OTT wont apply profiles so sims like ETS2 etc back to a jerking shimmery mess. Makes you realise just how valuable OTT and Apollyonvr are to the community.  Hope your update does`nt take too long. Your`e the best.
  • beyondinfinitybeyondinfinity Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    edited January 21
    Indeed. I want to sub-sample in Primordian since it has no graphics settings whatsoever. Eagerly awaiting updated OTT!

EDIT: I ended up using the Debug Tool.
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 911
    3Jane
    edited January 22
    OTT still work fine for me with 1.22, so it depends each configuration it seems...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

• Mace404Mace404 Posts: 208
    Nexus 6
    YoLolo69 said:
    OTT still work fine for me with 1.22, so it depends each configuration it seems...
    It still works but you cannot edit your library using OTT because of the new manifest folder location.
  • ApollyonVRApollyonVR Posts: 252
    Nexus 6
    Beta is almost ready for testing, just need a little more time to finish up a few things.
    Wintermute
    Three days in a row now my Rift has been rock solid! Guess all I had to do was mention it to get it right lol.
    Don

• FormelLMSFormelLMS Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Now I have the Problem, that ASW Hotkeys aren't working anymore. Pressing Ctrl + 3 on Numpad, I have more than 45 FPS, but unfortunately less than 90. Has there something changed?
  • residentweevilresidentweevil Posts: 36
    Brain Burst
    This is a little workaround for anyone wanting to use settings for a steam game that's not appearing in the library at the moment - it's a bit messy but will do the job:-

- Add the game to your profile library by browsing for and adding the .exe
    - Nothing will be added on the Profiles screen but the log should say it's created or updated an entry for that game
    - The config.xml file in the OTT folder (most likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus Tray Tool) will now have a section for the game that you added, and you can go and tweak the values to suit if you open it in notepad or similar (I had to change file permissions to be able to save changes, so watch out for that).
  • shitForBreakfastshitForBreakfast Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    dburne said:
    I have two questions:
    When you first set OTT to run at windows startup, you should be presented with two options. The first one (which it selects as default) is regular startup - this will give a UAC prompt each time. The second is to start as a scheduled task (this should eliminate the UAC prompt each time it starts). Tick this second option to have it start automatically without UAC prompt.
    Ok I uninstalled OTT and reinstalled, and it didn't give me any prompt on those options :(
    Still booting with annoying UAC prompt ahhhhhhh
  • IlIfadeIlIIlIfadeIlI Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    dburne said:
    I have two questions:
    Ok I uninstalled OTT and reinstalled, and it didn't give me any prompt on those options :(
    Still booting with annoying UAC prompt ahhhhhhh
    Try unchecking start with windows then rechecking it.  A prompt should come up asking you the same thing.
  • SaturnsVoidSaturnsVoid Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Any info one the new version? Would like to use this tool!
  • dvanturnhoutdvanturnhout Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    where can I download the latest build?
    Wintermute
    where can I download the latest build?

Check the first post in this thread.
    Don

• dvanturnhoutdvanturnhout Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I'm looking for the beta build
  • RealArgoRealArgo Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Also want to know about the next version. Currently i cannot edit Steam Apps via the app which makes me sad :(