New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus TrayTool - SuperSampling profiles, HMD disconnect fixes (hopefully)

1232425262729»

Comments

• PelochePeloche Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Hi,

At first thanks and congrats ApollyonVR for your Tray Tool.

I'm just starting Oculus VR with Rift, i've installed all with the beta and OTT.

My problem is that i don't want to use a display when configs will be OK and for the time being i need it only to confirm the opening of Oculus Tray Tool.exe, i've tried a lot of things but confirmation is always needed and i don't know what to do anymore.

My conf is the following:

AsRock DeskMini GTX 1060

i7-7700 3,6 GHz
    32 Go Ram
    NVMe 250 Go 

Windows 10 Professional x64
    Version 1709 - 16299.192

Oculus Beta 2.0 (i don't find the version)

Thanks for your help
  • HeyJesseAeHeyJesseAe Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    @ApollyonVR Thanks for the feedback on fixing OTT Speech Recognition. I'll give it a try this weekend most likely. I'll also see about shooting you the ott.log. Is there a preferred method for sending you that?

Also, for the record, I'm on Windows 10 version 10.0.16299 Build 16299. My language is English (United States). I've done the wizard multiple times during the troubleshooting process.

Thanks!
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 725
    Neo
    Peloche said:
    Hi,

I'm just starting Oculus VR with Rift, i've installed all with the beta and OTT.

My problem is that i don't want to use a display when configs will be OK and for the time being i need it only to confirm the opening of Oculus Tray Tool.exe, i've tried a lot of things but confirmation is always needed and i don't know what to do anymore.

AsRock DeskMini GTX 1060

i7-7700 3,6 GHz
    32 Go Ram
    NVMe 250 Go 

Version 1709 - 16299.192

Thanks for your help

I'm not 100% sure you are speaking about the confirmation window you see each time you launch OTT or any programs requiring Admin Rights, but if this is it here a way to avoid it : http://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-elevated-shortcut-run-programs-bypass-uac

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

• qpHRGqpqpHRGqp Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Just found that in the latest Oculus updates (at least in the 1.22 beta), Oculus have moved the location of the third-party manifests. They no longer reside with the rest of the games, which causes them to not show up in OTT. I will need to add a fix for this, but the new version is still a bit away. Might push a small update to the current version just to fix this issue.
    Hello,
    I love your app and has made Elite Dangerous my all time favorite Game on the Rift! So always great work and much appreciated. 
    I also have this problem as quoted above and was wondering if there was any kind of patch or method to return functionality to being able to super sampling 3rd party steam games? I'm stuck with Poor Visuals at the moment.
    Log: "Super-sampling set to "0"
    Anything would be much appreciated :)
  • david.bowerydavid.bowery Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited January 14
    Cheers for this program! It's working great for Oculus games.... I'm just having a problem adding other games. 
    If I click Browse, I can find an .exe and add it. But it never appears in the list. 

Any ideas? 

Heres what the log says..
    14/01/2018 14:59:25 System.Xml.XmlException: The 'Profiles' start tag on line 16 position 4 does not match the end tag of 'nolimits2app'. Line 55, position 7.
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
       at OculusTrayTool.rwConfig.WriteProfile(String nodename, String name, String ss, String asw, String priority, Boolean batch)   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw

Upon checking the log I also see this, which looks like an error, unrelated though.
    14/01/2018 14:53:39 GetThirdPartyApps: Could not find file 'D:\Oculus Apps\Manifests\D_Libraries_SteamLibrary_SteamApps_common_EliteDangerous_Products_elite-dangerous-64_EliteDangerous64.json'.

Update:
    Okay... I deleted the config files and got rid of that message. But upon trying to add No Limits again, it shows in the config but not in OTT
  • PelochePeloche Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    YoLolo69 said:
    Peloche said:
    Hi,

AsRock DeskMini GTX 1060

i7-7700 3,6 GHz
    32 Go Ram
    NVMe 250 Go 

Version 1709 - 16299.192

Thanks for your help

I'm not 100% sure you are speaking about the confirmation window you see each time you launch OTT or any programs requiring Admin Rights, but if this is it here a way to avoid it : http://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-elevated-shortcut-run-programs-bypass-uac

Thanks YoLolo69 for your reply.

I've already tried your way but it doesn't change, i still get the same

http://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2018/01/15/180115104049928024.jpg
  • shitForBreakfastshitForBreakfast Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hi, I absolutely love this tool since discovering it two weeks ago (when I got my Rift).
    I have two questions:
    1. Every time I boot my computer, I have to click yes on the grant permission pop-up dialogue box to run OTT.
      Is there any way to prevent that? I assume I always want it to boot at start-up + as Administrator.

2. I've enabled the OTT setting to view and launch SteamVR from inside Oculus Home. Does this mean that I only need to define my Super Sampling once in OTT and it will impact my Steam launched titles? Or must I also use my SteamVR Advanced Settings to modify the Super Sampling? 
  • dburnedburne Posts: 908
    3Jane
    edited January 16
    Hi, I absolutely love this tool since discovering it two weeks ago (when I got my Rift).
    I have two questions:
    1. Every time I boot my computer, I have to click yes on the grant permission pop-up dialogue box to run OTT.
      Is there any way to prevent that? I assume I always want it to boot at start-up + as Administrator.
    When you first set OTT to run at windows startup, you should be presented with two options. The first one (which it selects as default) is regular startup - this will give a UAC prompt each time. The second is to start as a scheduled task (this should eliminate the UAC prompt each time it starts). Tick this second option to have it start automatically without UAC prompt.
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
  • BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 859
    Neo
    @ApollyonVR ; - can you please let me know what is required in Windows to be able to install OTT?

I am having big issues installing several utilities including OTT (such as FTX Central, Air Hauler 1 & 2 etc) since reinstalling Win 10, and I'm convinced it's down to something missing from Windows. I have installed all the .Net frameworks and several Visual Studio versions, but as I don't know exactly what any of the utes require, I'm now stuck.

Would appreciate your help on this :)